Radiohead Survivor - The Bends - Round 1

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vote For Your LEAST Favorite Song

• Planet Telex

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • The Bends

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • High And Dry

• Fake Plastic Trees

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bones

• (Nice Dream)

• Just

Votes: 3 7.9%
  • My Iron Lung

Votes: 9 23.7%
  • Bullet Proof...I Wish I Was

Votes: 3 7.9%
  • Black Star

• Sulk

Votes: 12 31.6%
  • Street Spirit(Fade Out)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, this is enlightening. I didn't know there were fans who didn't like Street Spirit. Nothing wrong with that, I just didn't know it.

I guess it's Sulk for me. I really like it, though. But the vocals are weak. Sounds like he had a sore throat or something.

That's my reason. It had to be something. :shrug:

Speaking of Sulk, "disinfected and eager to please" sounds dirty... or is it just my mind in the gutter? :hmm:

joyfulgirl said:
Wow, this is enlightening. I didn't know there were fans who didn't like Street Spirit. Nothing wrong with that, I just didn't know it.

I'm also surprised. To me, Radiohead are all about finding something amazing in darkness...that song dives right into that in a big way.

I promise that I'm not trying to be inflammatory, but I can't help myself from making the following blanket statement:

Anybody who voted for "Sulk" is a fucking jackass. That is all. Sorry.

If you shout... said:
I promise that I'm not trying to be inflammatory, but I can't help myself from making the following blanket statement:

Anybody who voted for "Sulk" is a fucking jackass. That is all. Sorry.

Tru dat.

I love The Bends. It was the record that introduced me to Radiohead, and listening to it always reminds me of fond memories of my first trip to California.

I love every song for varying reasons, so I find it difficult to choose, but I decided to go with My Iron Lung. It only gets tougher for me from here on in.

Wow, I love The Bends, I've always felt it wasn't appreciated enough, compared to OK Computer. It's hard to chose. Street Spirit may be my favourite song, it just gives me shivers, I love it from start to finish. Iron Lung may have been a great song but they kind of ruined it with all that noise, it's awful. Apart from that, I cannot really think of any song on this record that I do not like at all.

LemonMelon said:

It was pretty ballsy of them to release it as a single though. :lol:

Or dumb....

Almost as dumb as leaving Bishop's Ropes, Punchdrunk, Lozenge of Love and Trickster and Lewis off the album......damn, this album annoys me.

You biatches voting for My Iron Lung - go listen to Coldplay. :wink:

djerdap said:

Just for that, I voted for My Iron Lung :D

That, and because I think it's the weakest track on the album. I'm disappointed for the lack of love for Sulk though. :(

djerdap said:

It would be a pleasure.....Coldplay wouldn't stoop to such a low as to write a song as awful as My Iron Lung.

Saracene said:
Planet Telex for me. Bends is one damn consistent album but the opener is my least favourite song.

I had it on repeat in the background last night so I could see how to vote and I honestly like or love every song. Even the songs that I agree are weaker have a riff or a bridge or a hook or something that makes me love it. I almost voted for Planet Telex but it's hard for me to vote an album opener off so soon since when I hear the opening notes of any Radiohead record it sets the tone of the whole record for me and I just kind of go ah, yeah, and settle into it. Great consistent record.

intedomine said:

It would be a pleasure.....Coldplay wouldn't stoop to such a low as to write a song as awful as My Iron Lung.

Coldplay would try to Fixx Ewe instead. :hug: And you know that's the Hardest Part. :yes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom