PLEBAn Girls Party: Cedars of P(Lebanon)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ANd whenever I hear Edge doing some particularly amazing guitar work/melodies, and when he's looking gooood I'm like, and I met hin 3times!!:hyper::love::drool: ANd I made him smile really big w a compliment in 05. happy :sigh:

Funny that you mentioned Edge. One of my favourite memories of the tour was when Edge smiled and winked at Sarah at a show. Such a small thing for him to do, but it meant so much to her. :heart: And she adores him to this day for it, and so do I.

But yes, plenty of fresh Bono memories for you! :sexywink:

Hey guys :wave:
Daz :wave: :hug:- how's the NY U2 action been?

I'm glad you asked.....I would have told you anyway! :lol:

while I missed the 4 songs they did between 8:00 - 8:40AM today.........

I did get to the back outside street of Fordham Univ by 8:45 and I heard Beautiful Day (the last song for GMA) , something from NLOTH (but not sure what - but it was beautiful might have been UC tho at first I thought it could have ben Breathe.... and then they finiished up with Vertigo!

I was the only person there!

Funny that you mentioned Edge. One of my favourite memories of the tour was when Edge smiled and winked at Sarah at a show. Such a small thing for him to do, but it meant so much to her. :heart: And she adores him to this day for it, and so do I.

But yes, plenty of fresh Bono memories for you! :sexywink:

oh yeah! :sexywink: Espcially when i saw one of his big open-hearted smiles (not the snarky kind) yesterday afternoon, i didn't have my cameraq up at that point! :mad:
Getting that photo would have just totally zoned me away!!!! :faint:
I will be on the lookout for that this year!

hopefully somehow I'llmet him again when there arre only like 10 - 15 fans around.
That way I'd have a really good chance of getting some great photos. :lol: FAT Chance :waiting:

aaaawww that was SO nice of Edge! :heart:

oh yeah! :sexywink: Espcially when i saw one of his big open-hearted smiles (not the snarky kind) yesterday afternoon, i didn't have my cameraq up at that point ! :mad: that would have just totally zoned me away!!!!
I will be on the lookout for that this year!

aaaawww that was SO nice of Edge! :heart:

They love NYC, I'm sure you'll have a lot more chances to work your camera magic! :)

It was funny, she was standing right next to me, but I followed his eyes, and they went right to her! There was no doubt whatsoever. After, she said "did you see that? He looked right at me, right?" And he totally did. :) What a sweetie, I just want to squeeze him! And then talk about something sciencey with him. And probably look like an idiot, but oh well. I'm willing to risk it! :lol:

Dazz - maybe it was Moment of Surrender? Do you remember any lyrics?
Oh! I know this one! :hyper: If it came after BD, it was Breathe! I posted and asked for the setlist since I missed the second half of it this morning.

Sad news, guys - I can't find my AB cd, it's not in it's case. :scream: :sad:

Dazz - maybe it was Moment of Surrender? Do you remember any lyrics?

oh here s the other great fun thing...as i took the cross-Bronx (fordham road) Bus on my way to the show, I saw a Best Buy.

Some when i came back i know they had NLOTH on sale for 9.99 so I got it! (I had an AM EX gift card I hadn't used yet).

See I haven't been able to fix my 5-CD chnager after my eye surgery. then I;'ve had other things needed doing and it's biggish job to lug the BIG boom boxoff of it and then shimmy behind the even bigger long bureau to get at the electrical cords so that I can unscreww the changer w?O electrcuing myslef1 to fix it.

SO I took the CD to my sis's house (she's near the bus that goes tio The Bronx.

I stayed there about 1 1/2 hr and BLARED NLOTH dtraight through then plyed my:hyper: favs andd danced! :heart:

I don't think it was MOS b/c I hadnt heard it and when I did at my Sis's I thinks it's a good song but not a fav at all.
AND I know I had a much higher favorablr reaction to what I was hearing..

oh yeah, it may have been UC i have to back into the Fordham thread.

You Ruff was on that threaD FOR A BIT IN THE AFTERNOON.........

oh here s the other great fun thing...as i took the cross-Bronx (fordham road) Bus on my way to the show, I saw a Best Buy.

Some when i came back i know they had NLOTH on sale for 9.99 so I got it! (I had an AM EX gift card I hadn't used yet).

See I haven't been able to fix my 5-CD chnager after my eye surgery. then I;'ve had other things needed doing and it's biggish job to lug the BIG boom boxoff of it and then shimmy behind the even bigger long bureau to get at the electrical cords so that I can unscreww the changer w?O electrcuing myslef1 to fix it.

SO I took the CD to my sis's house (she's near the bus that goes tio The Bronx.

I stayed there about 1 1/2 hr and BLARED NLOTH dtraight through then plyed my:hyper: favs andd danced! :heart:

I don't think it was MOS b/c I hadnt heard it and when I did at my Sis's I thinks it's a good song but not a fav at all.
AND I know I had a much higher favorablr reaction to what I was hearing..

oh yeah, it may have been UC i have to back into the Fordham thread.

You Ruff was on that threaD FOR A BIT IN THE AFTERNOON.........

You got it!! Yay!! :)

:hyper::hyper:

oh thanks VP!

I did think it might have been that (breathe) othe choises were UC & NLOTH>

OMG I am really loving 3 songs so far that I think are superb......... Magnifcant/NLOTH & UC

toward excellence.......Breathe/Fez- Being Born/Crazy

very good- i forget! :huh: on no! :giggle:

good- MOS/Stand Up/ SNow in Winter ( hearing it on my sis's good stereo loud - i heard thge words and the subtleties in it. so i liked it much better than the first 2 times i heard it in infrerior hearing circumstances!

:hyper::hyper:

oh thanks VP!

I did think it might have been that (breathe) othe choises were UC & NLOTH>

OMG I am really loving 3 songs so far that I think are superb......... Magnifcant/NLOTH & UC

toward excellence.......Breathe/Fez- Being Born/Crazy

very good- i forget!

good- MOS/Stand Up/ SNow in Winter ( hearing it on my ssis's good sterio loud - i heard thge words and the subtleties in it. so i liked it much better than the first 2 times i heard it in infrerior hearing circumstances!

My favourites right off the bat (and they still are) were NLOTH and Cedars. :drool: It's like asking what your favourite candy is, though, they're all so good!

and IMHO i'm not sure how some people see it as an extension of ATYCLB/HutDub ...

I se it as mixing certain elements of AB/JT/Zooropa and then adding new influents going off at angles not contnuation...

I'm thrilled with this stuff I think in a diffrent way it coukld rank up there with AB and AB IS still my fav if I had to (please no!) pick just ONE recording of their's...........

and IMHO i'm not sure how some people see it as an extension of ATYCLB/HutDub ...

I se it as mixing certain elements of AB/JT/Zooropa and then adding new influents going off at angles not contnuation...

I'm thrilled with this stuff I think in a diffrent way it coukld rank up there with AB and AB IS still my fav if I had to (please no!) pick just ONE recording of their's...........

I couldn't pick just one, I hear a lot of elements in it, but to me, the biggest one is TUF.

Yeah, wtf?!

I was sooo confused the other day.

Now I feel insignificant.

I thought size didn't matter? :sad:

:sigh: Do I need to explain everything to you? :sigh:

I didn't want people in WTAHAN to mistake the idiot comments that (mostly) lurkers with my av make with me...and I remembered our clone promise :heart: not to change avatars...and besides, I still like mine...so I made it bigger.

Nice compromise, huh? :hi5: You could be bigger, too. C'mon, all the cool kids are doing it. :sexywink:

SO many people say that, but I don't really hear it....UF was never one of my favs tho Pride and particularly A Sort oF Homecoming :heart: are 2 of my fav U2 songs

Bri!!!!!!!:hyper::heart: how is you!!??

I guess it's mostly Magnificent that reminds me of that era. I really see the whole album as a mixture of their old sounds...but not simply a rehash, they've made it sound fresh and modern.

I don't think the electro part is necessarily Zooropa/Passengers, the way some do...maybe more MDH, maybe? (which I'm listening to at the moment, btw :heart: )

I guess it's mostly Magnificent that reminds me of that era. I really see the whole album as a mixture of their old sounds...*but not simply a rehash, they've made it sound fresh and modern. I don't think the electro part is necessarily Zooropa/Passengers, the way some do...maybe more MDH, maybe? (which I'm listening to at the moment, btw :heart: )

* highlighted for comment

yes I think that's what I was trying to say metaphorcaly by saying they took some of all that and then went off on angles with it.............

:der: MDH???

* highlighted for comment

yes I think that's what I was trying to say metaphorcaly by saying they took some of all that and then went off on angles with it.............

:der: MDH???

The Million Dollar Hotel soundtrack. I LOVE that cd. :drool:

Not sure if any of you are Lost fans, but Faraday, a major character the past season or two, played Tom-Tom in MDH.

oh and i got Bono & Edge to sign a coputer art piece I did in honor of the ole Brooklyn Bridge gig-- but too little time for them to actually get a good glance at it.

it'a pencil drawing scnned in and coloring it on the computer with Photshop.

I may do a version in Corel PAinter with the "charcole" media. not THAT will be a real challnge . I work from several photos but using as reference but not strassight copying. I have enough artistic knowledge to alter someof (any ones) expression seen in a photo. But i'm going to take out a few print outs from the Brooklyn Bridgre giog to get proper highlights and tones.
IF i do it well enough uit'll look almost as good as the print Sarah gave you. (ZVP)

Now i didn't say it would be EASY...:yikes: but it's a challnege worth trying!:hyper:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom