PLEBAn Girl Party: GA tix are MAGNIFICENT

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hi girls :hug:

DG, that sucks about your low hourly wage and sorry to hear about your friend. :(

I once came across this message board for embittered servers where they complained about low (or nonexistent) tips, and apparently Canadians and some Europeans are notorious for this, and they hate serving them. The thing is, here, and probably in Europe too, I suspect, our servers do make minimum wage, so they're not as dependent on tips to survive.

I was shocked when I found out how little most US servers make, I had no idea, and I'm sure most other Canadians don't know, either. So, if we seem to be shitty tippers, that's why - we're not cheap or being nasty, we just don't know. Honestly, I think it's appalling you guys make so little, and rely on tips to make up the bulk of your income. Crazy.

Aww I just found out a friend of mine is sick with Lyme Disease. Poor guy. :sad:
Ack, that's bad. Did he get bitten by a tick?

Hi girls :hug:

DG, that sucks about your low hourly wage and sorry to hear about your friend. :(

I once came across this message board for embittered servers where they complained about low (or nonexistent) tips, and apparently Canadians and some Europeans are notorious for this, and they hate serving them. The thing is, here, and probably in Europe too, I suspect, our servers do make minimum wage, so they're not as dependent on tips to survive.

I was shocked when I found out how little most US servers make, I had no idea, and I'm sure most other Canadians don't know, either. So, if we seem to be shitty tippers, that's why - we're not cheap or being nasty, we just don't know. Honestly, I think it's appalling you guys make so little, and rely on tips to make up the bulk of your income. Crazy.

Honestly, I'm SHOCKED to hear what DG earns. Here that would never be allowed!
It's the difference in system that's the reason why we Europeans barely tip. Here you get a minimum wage, and tips are only extra. We don't depend on them! When I go to holidays in France or Spain, the tip is usually a couple of euros per dinner! Not 10% or something like that.

:wave: hi y a! :wave:

only here for about ? 20 mins

but will be here earlier and later in the eve tomorrow! :yippie:

Nice weather tofay!

I hope veryone Celebrating Easter or Passover had some good family/friend get- togethers! :heart:

I'm going to zip through weekend catch up >>>>>> :D

I made mad money tonight. :love: It wasn't busy, but I had awesome tables, including an awesome family who are regulars and tip $30 on $60-something tabs. :up:

Ack, that's bad. Did he get bitten by a tick?

Honestly, I'm SHOCKED to hear what DG earns. Here that would never be allowed!
It's the difference in system that's the reason why we Europeans barely tip. Here you get a minimum wage, and tips are only extra. We don't depend on them! When I go to holidays in France or Spain, the tip is usually a couple of euros per dinner! Not 10% or something like that.

Not sure. He works with horses so it could have come from that.

Here, 10% is a bad tip. 15% is average, and over 20% is good. I know in California, servers make $8 an hour plus tips. I think some people here in the states think all servers make minimum wage plus tips. I always thought that until I started waitressing.

One or two nights a week I do headwait. After I punch out as a server, I punch in to do headwait. I count the money and make sure credit cards match up.
Along with that I get a great section and a free meal so it's not a bad deal. I get paid $8 an hour for that so I get a little extra money in my paycheck. And on the nights I train new servers, I get paid $6.25 an hour plus tips. And a free meal.

When I worked at Friday's I used to love people who over tipped or they were your regulars and they knew you so they would tip nice

I have a couple who comes in and always asks for me. They tip me 30%. :love:

OK random, but Michelob Ultra-:down: But the bar I'm at doesn't have any of my favorite beers except Corona. But I'm not in a Corona mood tonight.

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!!! I'm going to the Dallas show w/Mr.Z and Vegas solo!!!! I'm gonna get a cheap seat in Vegas but I"ll be there for the Blue Crack partying and Wild's gonna help me stalk see the band maybe (?)!!!!!

I have a couple who comes in and always asks for me. They tip me 30%. :love:

OK random, but Michelob Ultra-:down: But the bar I'm at doesn't have any of my favorite beers except Corona. But I'm not in a Corona mood tonight.

How are you posting from a bar? Your phone? I'm so oldschool. My phone only makes calls (and texts). No pix, no web, just phone.

Back
Top Bottom