PLEBA Misc News and Articles #6

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Don't be worried. It's all just the regular Bono hyperbole. Note how the rest of the band haven't said a word about this in recent interviews. :) They're not breaking up any time soon. If any this is just a good publicity stunt to get free attention to the band before releasing new stuff. Or perhaps for the recent AB remaster.

Don't worry. Living in Dublin, knowing some people I know that Independent is the worst rug existing :) They have worst 'sources' possible and make up stories or at least totally misreperest them to spark a cheap sensation. There were already so many stories in Independent that were an absolut nonsense or contained about 2% of truth :) I really know it for a fact.

I really think we don't have to be worried about it. The only thing I would use Irish Independent for is maybe to sweep some dirt off the floor ;) The rug definitely shouldn't be used as a reading material ;)

Don't worry. Living in Dublin, knowing some people I know that Independent is the worst rug existing :) They have worst 'sources' possible and make up stories or at least totally misreperest them to spark a cheap sensation. There were already so many stories in Independent that were an absolut nonsense or contained about 2% of truth :) I really know it for a fact.

I really think we don't have to be worried about it. The only thing I would use Irish Independent for is maybe to sweep some dirt off the floor ;) The rug definitely shouldn't be used as a reading material ;)

:D oh thank you!! :hug:

I think Bono is just exhausted from touring and the thought of taking a permanent break sounds really good about now so these thoughts of breaking up are not really relavant. If he still feels the same way 2 years from now after a good bit of time and distance away from the last tour, that would be troubling . BUT there's always those songs he speaks of. He just needs to rest and get recharged like he said and dream up again!

And most of those interviews happened a little over a month after the tour ended. I bet he is in a completely different headspace now. He cannot sit still for long. He loves to be creative and he is the most creative within U2. He had an exhausting year with Spider-Man tossed in. Now he can regroup and just be in U2.

I believe it only when Larry says it's over. It's like papers have gotten hold of that one quote Edge said(the 50/50 one) and now everybody is using it as much as they can,putting it in Bono's mouth and building their own version around it.For what Edge and Adam have hinted lately,I see them thinking about new music and finding new sounds and stuff.
(And what's with the quitting "sometime in 2012?" in all those articles? If you feel like quitting,then do it and be over with.Why set yourself some termin,like,"ok,we will quit in...let's say....june 18th at 3.47 AM.Yes,that'd be a good time.")

I just listened to the audio clip and Bono definitely sounds all gloomy compared to Edge. Bono said "Got to bed and.." and Edge finished the sentence saying "Go to bed AND come back with something great.", but Bono replied "Well NO, I don't even think people expect that."
Edge is thinking right(as always... :D) I think Bono is just freaking out, and comparing 'now' too much to the AB days. As others have said, hopefully hes got his mind clear now, because that interview was close to the end of the tour. Aaaanyway, I'm excited for 2012, hopefully Larry will tell every one to shut up and make some music! :wink:
Oh and hi PLEBAns! :wave: I haven't been around here in a while! Good to see you're all still posting away!!! :up:

At the moment I think the rest of the band doesn't necessarily agree with Bono here and he sounds like he's in a kind of depression. I truly believe that IF U2 split up, they'd do it more silently, without Bono running his mouth like that for months. All this talk is getting annoying. Would Bono please REALLY go to bed now and sleep for, like, three months straight and then wake up and go to the studio with his band?

I AM worried about him sounding so gloomy and pessimistic, that doesn't sound like him at all, he's always so activated and passionate about things. What I believe is that he's totally exhausted, maybe he's not feeling well, physically AND emotionally, and it doesn't get better with age. I hope he takes the time he needs to recover from all the stress he's had in the last years and I hope he'll be able to gather some more positive thoughts.

Honestly, the whole "relevance" issue is so ridiculous. If they are healthy and love to make music together, I don't see why U2 shouldn't.

The Indepentend equals Doodoo. Don't worry.
I think its great that Bono is getting uncomfortably.
We all know that great albums are produced in times of need.
Edge is def. carrying U2's public dignity right now.

At the moment I think the rest of the band doesn't necessarily agree with Bono here and he sounds like he's in a kind of depression. I truly believe that IF U2 split up, they'd do it more silently, without Bono running his mouth like that for months. All this talk is getting annoying. Would Bono please REALLY go to bed now and sleep for, like, three months straight and then wake up and go to the studio with his band?

I AM worried about him sounding so gloomy and pessimistic, that doesn't sound like him at all, he's always so activated and passionate about things. What I believe is that he's totally exhausted, maybe he's not feeling well, physically AND emotionally, and it doesn't get better with age. I hope he takes the time he needs to recover from all the stress he's had in the last years and I hope he'll be able to gather some more positive thoughts.

Honestly, the whole "relevance" issue is so ridiculous. If they are healthy and love to make music together, I don't see why U2 shouldn't.

He's getting old :wink: And fat :wink::wink:
Poor bono :sad: Are you okay?

:up:

and Adam too

I was just gonna say!

Poor Bono. I hope he gets the inspiration back to write melodies and lyrics soon. Perhaps the radio and itunes stats for Blow Your House will lift him up.

I was browsing Parenting magazine, and a granny who lived to 100 told her daughter "This too, shall pass". The daughter is now a mom, and this is the one thing she'd like to pass down to her kids.

I started tearing up, because this is what Bono told us when he was 40. What an inspiration, a fountain of wisdom from a rock star.

It's possible that Bono is thinking that most of this was taken out of context or his meaning was lost. But to explain it would be harder and add more fuel to the fire. And most of these interviews happened months ago. I know my outlook on life can change daily.

I keep reading that Adam talked to Jo Wiley recently, but haven't seen a link yet to listen to it. Does anyone have one?

Anyone hoping to seek Bono out for the rest of this year (eg: Leopardstown Race in Dublin on 26 Dec?) should still say positive things to our man :hug:

Back
Top Bottom