PLEBA Misc News and Articles #6

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I know I have gotten the CD in Q or Uncut before. Even if it's not there, I'm not worried. I know peeps here will share the love (or tragedy - I'm looking at you, Glasvegas...)

Q

I have a Q subscription outside the UK and the CDs are never included.

The easiest - and probably cheapest way - to order copies of Q outside the UK is through the website of Q where you can order almost all old issues of the magazine.

Yeah, but I still think subscription issues are something different.

When I go to my regular bookstore that sells those international magazines, I get all the CDs coming with the different music magazines. I have tons of free CD's at home from Q, Mojo, Uncut and so on. I don't know why they shouldn't include the CD this time around.

Lets just wait and see right? Pointless to keep discussing about it. I want articlesssss:hyper: Newsssss

^ True.

Q has just said on Twitter and Facebook that they will give details about the shipment issue of the CD very soon. They must have been bombarded with requests and know a lot of people want the CD. I'm sure there will be a solution.

Btw, they also said Damien Rice's cover version of ONE will be played on BBC radio tonight. I just saw in EYKIW that it obviously has been played already but there seems to be no link available right now. Maybe they'll play all the songs now and we don't need the CD after all.

Peter Rowen story on Yahoo.

Boy from U2 album covers shares story behind photos

In 1980, U2 released a debut album, "Boy," with a memorable album cover photo featuring a six-year-old boy staring directly at the camera. Three years later, the same figure reappeared on the cover of "War." The child (who has since been featured on many of U2's albums) is Peter Rowan. Rowan, now a 37-year-old photographer with a daughter of his own, lives in Dublin, Ireland, and still stays in touch with Bono and The Edge.

Several years ago, the band gave him a copy of a photo they took for an album cover and wrote messages to him on the back. "Bono wrote, 'Stay a child. I am enjoying it.' It was good advice," says Rowan, who landed on the album covers because he grew up in Ireland near Bono.

"Bono lived across the road and was friends with my brother," says Rowan, whose brother actually gave Bono (real name Paul David Hewson) the nickname that stayed with him for the rest of his life. "I don't know why they thought of me."

Rowan debuted on the cover of U2's first EP album, "Three," when he was 5 years old, and he was only 8 when "War" was photographed.

The band was there for the "War" shoot, and Rowan says he has two memories of the day. The first was disliking the soup that was served by the photographer's wife, but being too shy to say something.

"And the other memory is that Bono was driving us back from Dunnleary, Ireland [where the photo was taken]. He was talking to someone in the backseat and someone shouted to watch out for a car. Two memories from the day: I didn't like the soup, and I was nearly in a crash."

Rowan was then featured on the band's "best of" album, and he appeared in one of the U2 videos. As an adult, he's had a complete role reversal. Two years ago, he photographed the band's Dublin concert, and has since gone on to photograph other performances. Rowan saw U2 two months ago for a Montreal show.

"It is funny that I'm a photographer now," Rowan said, and the arc came full circle when U2 used one of the photos he took for a T-shirt and a poster. He also connected unexpectedly with one of the photographers of the album covers while he was on assignment. "A guy started talking to me about my camera and said he used to be a photographer and his most famous picture was 'War.' I said 'that was me!' He's a judge now."

These days, Rowan says he rarely gets recognized. "But when people find out, sometimes they say my eyes are still the same."

pix and article here:
Boy from U2 album covers shares story behind photos | The Difference - Yahoo! News

FUN PART OF THE STORY - PROVING ONCE AGAIN... As Edge has joked... Bono - not so good at the ol' driving.

Peter's blog: http://peterrowenphoto.blogspot.com/

Peter's webpage: http://www.peterrowen.com/

It's probably because I had their "early bird" dinner at the Tea Room one night while I was in Dublin.

My tiny plate of mushroom ravioli pushed them into the black.

.... so when can I expect my grateful phone call from Bono and Edge?

:lol: I heard Bono plays a good game of chess.

Would love to compete there :D

It's probably because I had their "early bird" dinner at the Tea Room one night while I was in Dublin.

My tiny plate of mushroom ravioli pushed them into the black.

.... so when can I expect my grateful phone call from Bono and Edge?

No, I think it was because me and my friends had a lot of strawberry daiquiris and long islands on our holidays there three weeks ago... :lol::lol::lol:

Very nice daiquiris by the way... :drool:

Bono really needs to shut the fuck up questioning U2...:doh: And British press should stop twisting words.

he shouldn't say stuff like that - the Brit press and its readers will just say "bring it on!" :D

Of course they do. In the latest NME there are hundreds of comments from people saying how happy they would be if U2 really ended their carreer now.

Bono's not stupid, he's doing great promo for the upcoming AB release.

Nowhere at any time did Bono say they may call it a day next year. EDGE said "It's likely you may hear from us next year, but it's equally likely you won't"...and he meant that they may release new music next year, but they may not.
Also that quote about the potentially career-ending difficulties was from somewhere else and was in reference to the process of making Achtung Baby.

I know it's like journalists job and all to take a quote and put their spin on it or whatever but this is getting ridiculous. I am sick of these stupid little articles with one quote and a lot of bull in them.

last unicorn said:
Bono's not stupid, he's doing great promo for the upcoming AB release.

And maybe even whatever they put out next...I'm starting to think he may be trying to pull a bit of the "don't take us for granted, get it while you can" kind of thing.

Once again, where is Larry with with Bono's tranquilizing dart?

The Mirror, I know as regarded as NY Times, read 2 or 3 interviews and took out the most shocking statements and made a story. Hopefully, Bono will have learned his lesson and zipped it. He has to understand that in this age you cannot say something like that without trending with misinformation. In 1990-1991, there was no Twitter, FB and WWW to spread this stuff like wildfire.

Where is Edge with my time capsule... I want to go back to the 90's

Sounds like most British press/people would be happy to see u2 go cause there all ways been jelious of them. With them out there way it gives them more chance to push that dreadful coldplay people. I'm sorry if anybody here likes them but I carnt stand them I find there music really very boring & monnotness & very droing. It really anoyes me how much thay Try to copy the boys as well,I just saw thay had a gig today on line :( wow about 10 people would bother wasting there time with watching it. Ied much rather listen 2 matchbox 20 than that rubbish at least Rob Thomas is hot & not a complete jerk. Sorry about my rant but I just saw it on the tv & it made me fell ill

I like Coldplay , but I don't mind you not liking them ,
you are entitled to your own opinion. Coldplay gets as much shit as U2.
So in a way , they are the next U2.:wink:

Their just not sexy.

I know. Ali, please cheer Bono up! Even during the last leg of the tour, he kept saying shit like "who need a new U2 record"? We didn't understand it then, but it led on to this.

It's not only Africa that needs you, Bono! Shiiit, I wish some U2 fan on here with a chance to meet the band will ASK him about it, or motivate him otherwise

Back
Top Bottom