Pleba Girls Party: Oops!! We did it again!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mucca said:

Russty :hug: Glad to hear that your knee is doing better!

That's great news! Is Muse still able go with you to Canada?

I'm stressed right now. :( I just finished registering for courses for McGill this morning. Now I have to book my flight, plan out what I'm taking and stuff. I never realized how much there was to do until now and it's freaking me out :huh: Plus I'm starting to get second thoughts which isn't helping at all! :sigh:

:hug: :hug: It's totally normal to feel overwhelmed, and like you don't want to leave after all. Probably 90 % of first years will feel the same way. That's why us in the psych dept. do depression studies early in the first term, depression is rampant. But you'll get used to things, and soon school and being away will seem normal to you. And, your friends, family, and us are just an IM away. :)

Mucca - Montreal is a beautiful city, you'll love it :) One of my coworkers' daughters is going into her *thinks* third year at McGill, and she really enjoys it. You start earlier and end later than most Ontario schools, but there's also the benefit of no weekend exams *G* As someone who had to do evening and weekend exams - 9am Sat exams :madspit: - you'll really appreciate it when exam time rolls around ;)

jobob said:

Diane my sister librarian (or anyone else here): How do I make my own avatar?

I have a picture in my brand new Photobucket which I want to turn into my own unique avatar. How difficult is it for someome with limited HTML skills and no special editing software other than what she has on Windows XP to do? Can I just keep an avatar on Photobucket or do I need to do it from another web site? :confused:

Mucca, congrats on getting into McGill (I always heard it's one of Canada's most prestigous universities) and registering for your classes. Does this mean you'll get to see some third leg Canadian shows?

Sooooo....when are you going to get back to your fic? :wink:

I think DG knows how to make avatars. She'll probably do it for you. And yes, you just leave it in photobucket.

Mucca said:

Russty :hug: Glad to hear that your knee is doing better!

That's great news! Is Muse still able go with you to Canada?

I'm stressed right now. :( I just finished registering for courses for McGill this morning. Now I have to book my flight, plan out what I'm taking and stuff. I never realized how much there was to do until now and it's freaking me out :huh: Plus I'm starting to get second thoughts which isn't helping at all! :sigh:

She says she is still going, but I'm still worried about it. I told her last night that she didn't need to worry about the money she already owes me. Hell I'll eat the money if it comes down to that. And even if she doesn't go I still have to drive myself there. So even if she can't pay for her share of the gas, it seems stupid for her not to go. So I'm gonna do everything in my power to take her with me. Even if it means I end up paying for most of it. I love her so much and feel like she deserves a vacation and a bit of fun in her life. Last time she was supposed to see PJ with me she ended up having to have a full hystorectomy. And almost died due to complications! It was horrible! I feel like seeing two shows this time makes up for last time.

Don't worry to much. I know how scary it can be, but it will be so worth it once your there! Try to just take it one step at a time. :hug:

2005%20-%20Vertigo%20Tour%2F2005-07-23%20-%20Rome%20%28Pictures%20by%20Matthias%20Muehlbradt%29%2FDSC04661.jpg

VintagePunk said:

:hug: :hug: It's totally normal to feel overwhelmed, and like you don't want to leave after all. Probably 90 % of first years will feel the same way. That's why us in the psych dept. do depression studies early in the first term, depression is rampant. But you'll get used to things, and soon school and being away will seem normal to you. And, your friends, family, and us are just an IM away. :)

Thanks VP :hug:

Thank god for the creation of internet eh girls? :)

Drea :hug: It's kind of annoying how they start school earlier cause the labour day monday class is made up on a thursday at the end of term. It was so frustrating juggling classes just so that one thursday class would fit. :madspit:

Russty Cat said:
See ya later DG! :hug:

Hi Joanne. I can't believe those two would end up together. But I guess there have been stranger couples.

Makes you wish Naomi and Adam were still together, doesn't it?

I'm not truly believin' it until I see a photo of her next to him at a home Pistons game. Kid Rock is to the Pistons like Jack Nickleson is to the L.A. Lakers.

Its taken over 2 hours for the Miss Sarajevo thing to download. It has like 15 more minutes. If it crashes before then I'm going to have to kill my puter. :lol:

VintagePunk said:

Sooooo....when are you going to get back to your fic? :wink:

I think DG knows how to make avatars. She'll probably do it for you. And yes, you just leave it in photobucket.

Sooooo ... I plan to get back to my fic soon, really soon. I plan to post again by tomorrow. You'll figure out why when you see it. ;)

OMG, I think I have a fan here ... should I develop an attitude and say "please, no autographs.'?

Russty Cat said:

She says she is still going, but I'm still worried about it. I told her last night that she didn't need to worry about the money she already owes me. Hell I'll eat the money if it comes down to that. And even if she doesn't go I still have to drive myself there. So even if she can't pay for her share of the gas, it seems stupid for her not to go. So I'm gonna do everything in my power to take her with me. Even if it means I end up paying for most of it. I love her so much and feel like she deserves a vacation and a bit of fun in her life. Last time she was supposed to see PJ with me she ended up having to have a full hystorectomy. And almost died due to complications! It was horrible! I feel like seeing two shows this time makes up for last time.

Don't worry to much. I know how scary it can be, but it will be so worth it once your there! Try to just take it one step at a time. :hug:

It's really nice of you to do that for her! She's really lucky to have you for a friend! :D

:yikes: I hope she does go to the shows with you. She really deserves it.

Thanks Russty :hug:

Hey guys, I'm back from Subway. Mmm.. BLT with oil and vinger dressing and pickles.

Near Clone! *hug* congratdulations! If there's anything I can help you with, jsut let me know. I jsut recently did hte going away to school thing before decideding that I :adam: really really missed my best mate of half my life and :bono: didn't really want to study Rome and Greece for four years. Then they kicked me out anyway :lol:

Drea said:
Cindy and I are IM'ing, and she was just telling me she'd found Dublin Mudslide and had a bit, and then the next thing she said was: "I bet you, if you were to lick Adam or Bono, that's what they'd taste like. Dublin Mudslide."

:lmao:

:hmm: as is the Ben & Jerry's "Dublin Mudslide" Ice Cream?
It's nice stuff :D

I'm catching btsoon!

VintagePunk said:

Okay, for the first time ever, I wish I were Edge!!

At least for that pic.

jobob mentally edits microphone, Edge, and Edge's guitar out of the picture, edits herself in, and leans into Bono ... :love:

CeeCee said:
Hey guys, I'm back from Subway. Mmm.. BLT with oil and vinger dressing and pickles.

Near Clone! *hug* congratdulations! If there's anything I can help you with, jsut let me know. I jsut recently did hte going away to school thing before decideding that I :adam: really really missed my best mate of half my life and :bono: didn't really want to study Rome and Greece for four years. Then they kicked me out anyway :lol:

Thanks Near Clone!! :hug::heart:

Back
Top Bottom