PGP: Waiting for some Crumbs From U2's Table

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I haz major Vegas sadness. Zu, Drea, EdgeFest.....and I'm here. :sad:
Yeaa I so wish I was there. Damn distance and flights and money and everything. :grumpy: So not fair.

There's a cat currently lying on my shoulder. And it's heavy. :lol:

Am babysitting, just put the kid to bed and apparently their very fat cat decided that my shoulder was the place to be, it lies half on the back of the chair, half all over me. :cute:

Hey Comet, Adam's doing the costume thing (AKA #adamincognito) on Twitter - he said he'd be on the floor around midday :) I know you said you don't know what the Mythbusters look like, but if you know anyone who's a fan let them know *g*

I just...forgot this was the Mythbusters and...Adam Clayton popped into my brain in costume :laugh:

And oh good lord, a spank bank. Kristen, this'll probably beat the boredom.

Grace, that trailer is fearsome.

So I did end up waking up at noon. I thought my parents were joking that they'd return around noon and I'd be awake...somehow their idea of teenager sleep schedule proved surprisingly accurate.

There's a cat currently lying on my shoulder. And it's heavy. :lol:

Am babysitting, just put the kid to bed and apparently their very fat cat decided that my shoulder was the place to be, it lies half on the back of the chair, half all over me. :cute:

:heart:

What a crazy fricking week. so busy. This gif sums up how I'm feeling right now. I'm not sure if Carlton is excited, or crazy, or what, but it feels right.

freshprincecarltonfreak.gif

I semi-spontaneously booked an ocean-front condo for two nights at the end of the month over on the (duh) Ocean in (uh ... duh, I guess) Ocean Shores. I'd thought about going out there for the day, but then remembered how much I liked spending a night there a few years ago, wandering down to the beach to look at the stars. And then I was all "fuck it, two nights! Yeah! WHOO!"

I semi-spontaneously booked an ocean-front condo for two nights at the end of the month over on the (duh) Ocean in (uh ... duh, I guess) Ocean Shores. I'd thought about going out there for the day, but then remembered how much I liked spending a night there a few years ago, wandering down to the beach to look at the stars. And then I was all "fuck it, two nights! Yeah! WHOO!"

:up: Sounds gorgeous. Pretty good way to relax.

I should probably look at the stars here more often...I live mostly far from light pollution, on the coast. I've been walking a bit more than usual. Found an awesome little promontory where I can sit near the cliffside before the warning flags, and look at the ocean.

IMG_0954.jpg

(gorgeous view of my perspective-widened legs)

Cori, that's friggin' awesome!

and Katie, lovely view. Where exactly are you again? I know it's Nor Cal, north of SF (I used to live in SF)

You know what's not Awesome? When the exterminator comes and sprays a death spray/flushing agent so all the dying roaches and spiders come out in the open to die. Two tarantulas and a wolf spider in one week. The wolf spider was just on the back screen door. I drowned it with raid and then did two shots of gin to try to stop shaking. Arachnophobes should NOT live in the desert.

Sea Ranch. Where the old folks go to pickle and die get airlifted out by helicopter when they get heart attacks.

Best way to stop a suicidal moment? 'If I change my mind they'll have to helicopter me to a hospital'.

Or alternately, where expensive tourists go. I just happen to live here bc I used to live in Piedmont, and that was much too 'rich folk town', so we couldn't keep up the mortgage and taxes to the high school we no longer went to. My parents wanted to go seriously out of the way of the public, and closer to Sonoma, where my sister goes to school, and bingo, Sea Ranch.

That makes me kind of sad, about the spiders. I mean, they're bad. I kill them when they cross me. But :(

Cori, that sounds like a nice relaxing weekend. :)

I just found out an e-friend from another forum I used to frequent passed away on June 26th. :( It happened while he was sleeping and the cause of death is unknown. He had a great sense of humor and while he was often sarcastic, he was never mean spirited. He came to Boston 2 or 3 years ago to visit his sister. I regret not getting a chance to meet him and buy him a beer. :sad:

Nice, Katie! I love living near water. Wished I lived closer to actual ocean. We have some nice beaches around Seattle that are along Puget Sound and its various bays, but it's about 2 1/2 hours to the actual ocean. WA coast is cool - it varies from the smooth, sandy beaches (southern part of the state, where I'm going) to the rocky coastlines like you find in OR (which are in the part of the state with the Olympic Peninsula).

There's not much to do in Ocean Shores, but I dig going and just hanging out by the ocean.

That's sad, dg. :( Over the years I've found out about a few people I "knew" online from X-Files fandom passing away. One just recently, a gal I'd forgotten about, but when I realized who she was, it all came back to me. She was ridiculously nice.

Sometimes you just need a nice relaxing weekend of doing nothing. Ocean breeze, warm sand, sounds like heaven. Have a great time. :)

Thanks Cori. We weren't close friends, but I'm still saddened. He turned 27 5 days before he died and his sister is due any day now with her first child. I saw that he commented on a photo of her at a baby shower how he was patiently waiting to wear his t-shirt that said "World's coolest uncle who didn't appear in a TV sitcom with Bob Saget." :lol: :(

My heart breaks for his family. Christ, it just isn't fair.

I'm also sorry to hear about your e-buddy as well. :hug:

What a crazy fricking week. so busy. This gif sums up how I'm feeling right now. I'm not sure if Carlton is excited, or crazy, or what, but it feels right.

freshprincecarltonfreak.gif

1) :hug:
2) :lol: I love that episode of Fresh Prince. That's one of the best scenes ever....

Yeah, we've basically just got the rocky coastlines. I've been searching for a proper beach for a while, to just walk on y'know, since it's too cold to swim, but I have to venture a bit farther than I like to find one.

As for Washington and Puget Sound, revisited. I dunno if I'd ever want to actually live that far north. (To give some example—I purposely didn't end up going to Willamette, and that's just Oregon) It gets cold/wet/obnoxious enough here. I used to live in Portland when I was little...man. I'm glad that's over. It's a cool city but most of my childhood memories involve rain.

Guys, I just found the coolest art while browsing tumblr. A classmate of mine burned negatives, but this is way better.
lucas_simoes4.jpg

small-_nostalgia-13-hedi-slimanes-foto.jpg

cefbd04258dd8359f62a538c309aa917.jpg

(leaving out all the ones with blatant nudity, I don't think IF likes that...though unfortunately, those ones have better burn-marks)

You will appreciate this - I had a craptastic run this morning. I only managed 2 miles. First, I had to go to the bathroom. Second, I was at the beach Sunday and got slammed by a wave so hard I pushed to my knees. I wrenched my ankle and it's been sore since. Next, I have bruises all up and down my shins from kicking in my boxing class. So I was a hot mess going out my door.

:yikes: that does not sound like a good time to me.

Since I'm not working this month I talked to my trainer and told her after this coming Monday (my last paid session for this round) that I'll have to put her on hold for a few months until I can save up again. So we looked at the schedule for all of the free classes and she picked a cardio kick boxing class, yoga, and a lift and pump class. I've been so limited in my classes because she wants me to take the day before and after our sessions off from weight training to give my muscles a break. But now that I can't work with her on Mondays, I can take a class on Sun and a class on Tues. I'll see how they go. I'd much rather pay for a 1 on 1 with a trainer than do a class but since that's not an option I have to do this for now. Not so sure about yoga but I'll give it a try.

my time at the pool was awesome. It was beautiful weather until the last hour and then got dark. We're in for rain tonight and tomorrow anyways. My forehead is totally sun burned. I put lotion on but guess I forgot my face.

ok next item.....who was coming to Minnesota for Coldplay? I sent out a FB message to my follow MN U2 fans to do a gathering and one of them suggested we do it around that weekend or thought there was something in the works with the ones coming in for that show? I know it's been talked about here but I don't remember who mentioned it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom