PGP: Waiting for some Crumbs From U2's Table

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he undid another button for my benefit. He's been peering over his mirrored aviator glasses in my direction. And he's carrying a MURSE! He is wearing a wedding ring. So he's either married to a man or himself.

:lol: A murse?!

Cori, eh, sorry your night kinda petered out on you there, but glad you had a good time overall. That Britney Spears moment sounds like it would've been a blast to see.

GG, yeah, I'm with the others, keep an eye out and be careful :hug:.

:hmm: Never heard of Taco Tico.

Yeah, like I said, I think it's mainly a Midwest thing. There's a couple restaurants here in Iowa, and I think there's a few in Missouri as well, and maybe one other state in the middle of the country. And that's it :p.

And it's probably not "authentic" Mexican food like what you alluded to as well-I think you're likely spot on with your assessment of most "Mexican" food places here in the country.

But still, Taco Tico's food is sooooooooooooo good :drool:. If any of you ever find yourselves out my way, I would suggest stopping by that place.

But yeah I guess we take for granted living on the ocean all the fresh seafood. Usually once it's been frozen it's not quite the same.

There are some river fish I do like. Catfish is good. :)

I'm a big fish fan though so I do like most fish!

Yeah, I think if I ever find myself out on the coast again I'll give some of the fish out there a try, I bet it probably is some of the best out there. So far all I've ever eaten is breaded fish anyway, so I could use a bit of variety, 'cause I do like fish as well.

Also, on another topic, very cool about the upcoming tattoo :). Definitely want to see a picture when you get a chance.

:lmao: It's like the people who were all, "Get your government hands off my Medicare!" a few years ago.

The current setup of Obamacare is far from perfect. It could definitely do with some more fixing up. But the fact that it got upheld makes me happy, so I'm just sitting back and laughing at idiots who are saying things like that for real. If they're going to be that blatantly stupid with their replies, I'm even more glad the decision didn't go their way.

I think he undid another button for my benefit. He's been peering over his mirrored aviator glasses in my direction. And he's carrying a MURSE! He is wearing a wedding ring. So he's either married to a man or himself.

Omg, I love your description. :lol:

Went to the grocery store after work, and sampled some strawberry rhubarb cider in the little wine store off to the side of the grocery store (because we're liberal here for almost everything, except puritanical when it comes to booze, and we can't buy it in grocery stores, so a few of them get around it by opening a "separate" wine store). Anyway, it's quite good, I was in a rare fruity, summer drink mood. I've had one, and I'm feeling a little tipsy already, mostly because I'm exhausted, haven't slept well for much of this week.

OH!!! CONGRATS THORA!!!!! SO EXCITED FOR YOU!!! :hug:

Oh! So Sarah's lease is up at the end of August, and she let me know a week or two ago that she wants to move back here. She was hoping to be done her thesis by then, but her advisor has been insanely slow at getting back to her with things, so now she thinks it may take into Sept or Oct before she's done, and she'll have to finish it from home. She's applying to start grad school for Sept 2013. I thought maybe she'd want to stay in Waterloo and work there for the year, but she wants to come back home. She's home this weekend, and we're going to start getting her room ready, and making room for the crap she's bringing home :shudder: She mentioned how convenient it would be to just get a job where I work for the year, and then I remembered there is this program that runs from late summer to the late winter/early spring that they always hire data entry people for. It just so happens that my work BFF runs that program, so I was asking her about it, and she was telling me the dates it runs, etc, and what Sarah would have to do to apply. The person she would have to apply to is my former work crush, ha. So, I went and talked to him this morning...fortunately, we get along very well, and so he told me that if he needs to hire people for this, which it's 95% likely he will, he'd hire her. The job is likely to finish in March, which is awesome, because she wants to go volunteer for this wild animal rescue up north in the Muskokas for the spring, so the timing of everything is perfect. He even told me today that when he gets employees that are good, he's very accommodating, and will give her days off for thesis work if she needs it.

Holy rambley paragraph, Batman.

Omg, I love your description. :lol:

Went to the grocery store after work, and sampled some strawberry rhubarb cider in the little wine store off to the side of the grocery store (because we're liberal here for almost everything, except puritanical when it comes to booze, and we can't buy it in grocery stores, so a few of them get around it by opening a "separate" wine store). Anyway, it's quite good, I was in a rare fruity, summer drink mood. I've had one, and I'm feeling a little tipsy already, mostly because I'm exhausted, haven't slept well for much of this week.

OH!!! CONGRATS THORA!!!!! SO EXCITED FOR YOU!!! :hug:

Oh! So Sarah's lease is up at the end of August, and she let me know a week or two ago that she wants to move back here. She was hoping to be done her thesis by then, but her advisor has been insanely slow at getting back to her with things, so now she thinks it may take into Sept or Oct before she's done, and she'll have to finish it from home. She's applying to start grad school for Sept 2013. I thought maybe she'd want to stay in Waterloo and work there for the year, but she wants to come back home. She's home this weekend, and we're going to start getting her room ready, and making room for the crap she's bringing home :shudder: She mentioned how convenient it would be to just get a job where I work for the year, and then I remembered there is this program that runs from summer to the late winter/early spring that they always hire data entry people for. It just so happens that my work BFF runs that program, so I was asking her about it, and she was telling me the dates it runs, etc, and what Sarah would have to do to apply. The person she would have to apply to is my former work crush, ha. So, I went and talked to him this morning...fortunately, we get along very well, and so he told me that if he needs to hire people for this, which it's 95% likely he will, he'd hire her. The job is likely to finish in March, which is awesome, because she wants to go volunteer for this wild animal rescue up north in the Muskokas for the spring, so the timing of everything is perfect. He even told me today that when he gets employees that are good, he's very accommodating, and will give her days off for thesis work if she needs it.

Holy rambley paragraph, Batman.

Thanks, VP!! :hug:

That's cool about the opportunity for Sarah. Hope it works out! :up:

Grease is on the TV, so I'm watching. :love: It's so cheesy, but I love the movie so damn much. I was in the musical when I was in high school, so this brings back loads of great memories. Doing that musical was probably my favourite thing in all of high school. #dramanerd

Thanks, VP!! :hug:

That's cool about the opportunity for Sarah. Hope it works out! :up:

Grease is on the TV, so I'm watching. :love: It's so cheesy, but I love the movie so damn much. I was in the musical when I was in high school, so this brings back loads of great memories. Doing that musical was probably my favourite thing in all of high school. #dramanerd

Can you say more about what you'll be doing??

I watched it a lot as a kid, then when the musical was announced in my city, I obsessively watched it in the lead up to the audition and before rehearsals began. :)

I remember the 'Grease' medley getting played all the time at school dances. Everyone in my school was big on that movie.

I like that movie, too. I've seen it so many times on TV I could probably quote it :p.

VP, ooh, wow, that does sound like a great deal for Sarah (and hey, way to have connections, huh :D?)! That'd be really nice if you guys were both able to work alongside each other and everything. And yay for her coming back home, too, I bet you're excited to have her back for a longer amount of time.

I watched it a lot as a kid, then when the musical was announced in my city, I obsessively watched it in the lead up to the audition and before rehearsals began. :)

That would be an awesome musical for high school!

I remember the 'Grease' medley getting played all the time at school dances. Everyone in my school was big on that movie.

I like that movie, too. I've seen it so many times on TV I could probably quote it :p.

VP, ooh, wow, that does sound like a great deal for Sarah (and hey, way to have connections, huh :D?)! That'd be really nice if you guys were both able to work alongside each other and everything. And yay for her coming back home, too, I bet you're excited to have her back for a longer amount of time.

The one movie I love and that's completely quotable for me is Dirty Dancing. Sigh. Bet I've seen that 100 times.

I'm really excited! I love it when she's home. But also the teensiest little bit ambivalent. She's been away for 5 years, and for the past two, she's stayed there for the summer as well, only coming home for weekends/weeks. So, we're both pretty much used to being on our own except for visits, albeit sometimes lengthy ones. I think we're as close as two people can possibly be, but I'm sure it will still be an adjustment. I just hope it's fairly smooth.

I told her tonight that after being on my own since Bob (like 3...4 years ago?) I'd probably meet someone 5 minutes after she moved back, and want to have all the sex all over the house, and she'll mess things up. She said she could spend time at her non-existent friends' houses (all of her friends are out of town now). The odds of that happening are fairly slim, so I think we'll be okay. :wink:

The one movie I love and that's completely quotable for me is Dirty Dancing. Sigh. Bet I've seen that 100 times.

It was done by our local community theatre program, but I was in high school at the time. I was in a community choir then, and the director of the musical was also our choir's conductor, so I had an in with her already. :wink: It was SUCH a blast to be a part of! :love: The cast was awesome, and it was a fabulous experience.

I watched Dirty Dancing the other night. :up: It had been WAY too long since I'd last seen it. Such a great movie. :D

This is what I'm making for dinner tonight. I hope it will be good! a hint of honey: Mashed Potatoes with Gouda and Bacon

It was done by our local community theatre program, but I was in high school at the time. I was in a community choir then, and the director of the musical was also our choir's conductor, so I had an in with her already. :wink: It was SUCH a blast to be a part of! :love: The cast was awesome, and it was a fabulous experience.

I watched Dirty Dancing the other night. :up: It had been WAY too long since I'd last seen it. Such a great movie. :D

This is what I'm making for dinner tonight. I hope it will be good! a hint of honey: Mashed Potatoes with Gouda and Bacon

Oh yum, that sounds good! Sounds similar to a dish they've made in our cafeteria, one that the manager there got from one of my coworkers, perogie casserole. I googled it when I got home, and there were tons of recipes out there different variations. They all basically have potatoes, bacon, cheese and onions, though.

My neighbour is moving out, and she left all kinds of shit on the curb, including a mattress and kitchen chairs. Numerous people have stopped to check out the chairs, but no one has taken them. We've begun to narrate these exchanges from the perspective of the chairs.

We make our own fun. :shifty:

I've only ever seen parts of that movie. Never sat and watched it the entire way through.

I'm really excited! I love it when she's home. But also the teensiest little bit ambivalent. She's been away for 5 years, and for the past two, she's stayed there for the summer as well, only coming home for weekends/weeks. So, we're both pretty much used to being on our own except for visits, albeit sometimes lengthy ones. I think we're as close as two people can possibly be, but I'm sure it will still be an adjustment. I just hope it's fairly smooth.

*Nods* I know that feeling, definitely. I love my family, too, but everyone needs their alone time. Hope all works out.

In the meantime, you guys sound like you come up with some ways to entertain yourselves when you're together :D.

Verdict: potatoes are VERY good! I cut the recipe in half, and probably should have cut it in half again. There are a LOT of potatoes! :lol: I hope they'll taste good re-heated, because I'm gonna have a ton of leftovers.

Verdict: potatoes are VERY good! I cut the recipe in half, and probably should have cut it in half again. There are a LOT of potatoes! :lol: I hope they'll taste good re-heated, because I'm gonna have a ton of leftovers.

Leftovers. :drool: I bet they're great!

I bought a pizza on the way home. This grocery store makes really good premade ones, with real dough that rises, and you bake them. Those are pretty much the only ones I buy now, other than that, I make homemade. It was too hot to bother tonight, though. When it's this hot, I either eat really well, like I did last night - chicken and salad, or like crap, like I did tonight. :lol:

Even if they don't taste good tomorrow, it's okay. I only really spent money on the cheese, and it was fairly reasonably priced, since I bought just a small block of it. I always keep most of the other ingredients on hand, so it's not too much of a waste of money. I'm sure it will be good, though.

Pizza! :up: Nothing wrong with having crap for dinner on occasion. I understand not wanting to cook on a hot night and heat up your home more than necessary. I HOPE we'll get some hot weather out here this summer. It's been pretty dreary so far. :sigh:

I fully support junk food, pizza, etc, for dinner :up: frankly I miss it...we have pizza veeeery occasionally here

My "Dirty Dancing" memory: Back in the olden days when it was on at the theaters, it finally made its way to the "Dollar Night" show on Tuesday night. My sister Patt and I were going to an aquaerobics class at the local YMCA during that time; but every night for about 10 weeks that summer, we ditched the exercise class to go see "Dirty Dancing." It got so that people were shouting out all the lines, like "Rocky Horror Picture Show." Good times! :love:

:lol: That sounds like quite the interesting fella!

I slept until 9:30 this morning. :crack: This is good - usually if I'm out until 2, I can't even fall asleep. I was wise to pop some melatonin when I got home, I think.

Last night was fun, if nothing earth-shattering. I'm not sure what I was expecting. :lol: The people there were a mix of crew people and ensemble players. The gal who plays Cosette was singing a lot, and Valjean was there, but didn't sing. By the time the last hour rolled around, it was pretty much all musical theater stuff. It got old pretty quickly. Ha.

There was an ensemble girl who did, however, do Britney's Baby One More Time in the most awesome and hilarious Britney Spears imitation I have ever heard. It was a thing of wonder.

Really fun to spend some time with my friend. :)

HAha! Sounds fun. Mr.Z had a gig last night so I went to that. This band hadn't played together for a LONG time and, while I don't care for the style of music, I had forgotten how freakin' GOOD they are. Fortunately, their old crowd was there too and they hadn't forgotten. It was fun :up:

Luckily he was not weirdly tonight.

There is a guy wearing the most brilliant wig on the train. No way is it his hair. If it is....it's a Bee Gee in deep disguise. And I think he thinks I'm checking him out. I am...just not in a way you'd be flattered.

Thank fuck this week is over! I need beers. Now to prepare myself for lil G's party this weekend.

Went to the Gap. They MUST engage in vanity sizing. No way I'm a medium in dresses all of a sudden. No way.

Gap runs big. I love it. :reject:

:shudder:
We're doing Beauty and the Beast this year - not sure that's any better
High School Musicals :shudder:

I told her tonight that after being on my own since Bob (like 3...4 years ago?) I'd probably meet someone 5 minutes after she moved back, and want to have all the sex all over the house, and she'll mess things up. She said she could spend time at her non-existent friends' houses (all of her friends are out of town now). The odds of that happening are fairly slim, so I think we'll be okay. :wink:

I love your relationship you have with her :hug:

My neighbour is moving out, and she left all kinds of shit on the curb, including a mattress and kitchen chairs. Numerous people have stopped to check out the chairs, but no one has taken them. We've begun to narrate these exchanges from the perspective of the chairs.

We make our own fun. :shifty:

We had bulky trash pick up last week. Usually people come by in pick-up trucks and take all the good stuff to sell at swap meets or whatever. We had our old chairs out on the curb. They disappeared. Fine whatever. But the other day... I saw them on the Neighbor's front porch. Weird!

I hate Grease and always have - the message of that movie is "If the guy you love won't accept you for how you are, undergo a complete personality change into a bad girl and he'll make the tiniest of changes (how much of a change is it to letter in track?) and will love you!" :madwife: :angry: Personally I'd say screw him and find a guy who appreciates you for what you are!

I hate Grease and always have - the message of that movie is "If the guy you love won't accept you for how you are, undergo a complete personality change into a bad girl and he'll make the tiniest of changes (how much of a change is it to letter in track?) and will love you!" :madwife: :angry: Personally I'd say screw him and find a guy who appreciates you for what you are!

Oh, I totally agree that the message is absolutely horrible. :up: I rarely watch the last part of the movie where she changes just to get him. I was cooking last night, so I only ended up watching the first half of the movie.

And speaking of cooking, I'm cooking up some bacon for my sandwich. The smell of bacon cooking is SO glorious! :drool:

Oh, I just think of Grease as comedy, and all's well. A lot of movies/tv shows have messages like that, I've learned to ignore it.

BACON :drool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom