PGP:There's A PGP Wedding! Here Come The Brides!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Aw, I liked the Vertigo jackets - the "sinner" one was cool.

And, just to be sure, Bono is being held like a baby by a large and serious shirtless man, right?

i thought right away when i first saw the picture that there's something sneaky going on! Bono, you pimp :lol:

well... and that's pretty interesting too:
_Bcarrier_16juuli2005-VertigoTour-Amsterdam-byEricPeters.jpg
:love: I saw that guy at the German shows! And Dutch. Browneyedboy from here met him and stood next to him in the pit, apparently he was very friendly.
How about those high-waisted pants he wore shirtless with suspenders in Rattle & Hum? I know the appeal is supposed to be sweaty Bono, but those pants combined with the sweat = DO NOT WANT for me. :lol:

Also, I don't know what the consensus is about his Vertigo stage outfits, but I don't think I liked any of those jackets.
:yikes: Oh that I hated. I don't like any of the JT/R&H outfits, well except for the jeans + denim jacket combo he wore during a game of pool. Mostly he and Edge looked like homeless guys.

I did like the Vertigo jackets, especially the conductor one together with the hat and those pants. :shifty: And the flag lined jackets were pretty cool too.

Aw, I liked the Vertigo jackets - the "sinner" one was cool.

And, just to be sure, Bono is being held like a baby by a large and serious shirtless man, right?

Yep, during Beautiful Day from Amsterdam 2005, 16th of july. :D "Big man picks you up right in front of you"

What's that VP? The thing that people like but makes you cringe I mean..

Two that I can think of offhand are the Castro hat, and that horrible hot pink shirt he wore during the Vertigo era. :shudder:

How about those high-waisted pants he wore shirtless with suspenders in Rattle & Hum? I know the appeal is supposed to be sweaty Bono, but those pants combined with the sweat = DO NOT WANT for me. :lol:

Also, I don't know what the consensus is about his Vertigo stage outfits, but I don't think I liked any of those jackets.

I'm kind of mixed about those. I don't really like but I can forgive the R&H stage costume. As for Vertigo stage wear, I'm mostly neutral about it, but I hated the conductor's hat and jacket he wore for the end sequence. Ew.

Oh, I also wasn't big on that Zoo-era red frilly shirt, from the MW video. It's weird, I don't mind it so much in the video, but when I see stills, I wonder what the hell whoever was dressing him was thinking. :lol:

:love: I saw that guy at the German shows! And Dutch. Browneyedboy from here met him and stood next to him in the pit, apparently he was very friendly.

Yep, during Beautiful Day from Amsterdam 2005, 16th of july. :D "Big man picks you up right in front of you"

cool! looks like he is giving Bono a very friendly and gentle treat in the pic :)
glad that B also offers opportunities to his male fans!

I hated the conductor hat too. :lol: Most of the Vertigo era clothing didn't appeal to me either.

:hi5: :lol:

:sad: I love the pink shirt, too. Good thing you're already marrying Jem, we'er just not meant to be.

What's so bad about the shirt? Colour?

I don't even know! It's just this super-repulsed almost visceral reaction I have to it.

In theory I don't hate the colour. Maybe it's a combination of the colour and style on him? I dunno.

:lol: That's quite interesting. Ah well, you can't like everything y'know.

:shrug: JT Bono's long hair does nothing to me, while almost everyone I know completely swoons over it. Same with Elevation Bono. I'm used to having an odd taste.

I'm not generally a fan of guys wearing pink shirts. It just reminds me of the Friends episode where Ross tries to defend his "salmon" coloured shirt. :lol: :tsk:

I think his long hair looks nice in black and white, like in Rattle and Hum. It looks all lush and pretty junk.

But not when he's all sweaty. :wink:

I'm not generally a fan of guys wearing pink shirts. It just reminds me of the Friends episode where Ross tries to defend his "salmon" coloured shirt. :lol: :tsk:
Me neither, but for some reason it suits Bono. Just like one friend of mine, he looks really good in a pink shirt. :hmm: I don't think I like it on anyone else.

I think his long hair looks nice in black and white, like in Rattle and Hum. It looks all lush and pretty junk.

But not when he's all sweaty. :wink:

:yuck: The sweat is what mostly turns me off. It's so greasy and wet and yuuuuuuuuuck!

:lol: That's quite interesting. Ah well, you can't like everything y'know.

:shrug: JT Bono's long hair does nothing to me, while almost everyone I know completely swoons over it. Same with Elevation Bono. I'm used to having an odd taste.

I've gone through phases of just about every Bono era/look being my favourite, and I'm sure that JT was one, at one time. I'm kind of neutral about that hair, now. I like it, but I'm not over-the-moon crazy about it. I still think he was teh hawt then, though. I think for me, it's more face/eyes/smile than hair.

I think whether or not I like the hair is more true in recent years. Elevation was okay. Vertigo was less okay sometimes, depends on the picture. The late vertigo short cut was better, usually. But now, I'm absolutely in love with his current style, suits him perfectly. :up:

I have very simple and yet complex Bono likes and dislikes, apparently. I should chart them. :wink:

:lmao:

I come home to Bono in a pimp jacket! DO. NOT. WANT!!!!

Ok, maybe I do want, but the jacket has to go!:lol:

Cori, I thought the exact same thing about those high waisted pants! WTF!!!

Someone post a hot pic please?????:shifty:

I have very simple and yet complex Bono likes and dislikes, apparently. I should chart them. :wink:

My Edge system is pretty simple. I think it is as follows:

Is it Edge? If yes, then it is good.
Is he showing more skin than usual? If yes, then it is very good.
Is he making some form of awesome guitar face? If yes, it is also very good.
Is there some action in the pants area? If yes, then it is AWESOME.

I've gone through phases of just about every Bono era/look being my favourite, and I'm sure that JT was one, at one time. I'm kind of neutral about that hair, now. I like it, but I'm not over-the-moon crazy about it. I still think he was teh hawt then, though. I think for me, it's more face/eyes/smile than hair.

I think whether or not I like the hair is more true in recent years. Elevation was okay. Vertigo was less okay sometimes, depends on the picture. The late vertigo short cut was better, usually. But now, I'm absolutely in love with his current style, suits him perfectly. :up:

I guess we all have that, I remember when I just started my fandom that I was over the moon with Vertigo long haired Bono, but now I'm just meh. When it's not sweaty and yucky, it's okay, but not much more than that. Agreed on the recent style, it's so many kinds of awesome. I think a major part in it is that he feels so incredibly confident and comfortable with himself again, it's really hard to explain but you'll get it when you see him on that stage live. He's back.

haha, would be useful. Poor Edgetarian posted a couple of Bono pics when she first got here, and they were all pics of eras I didn't like. :reject: I came across as so incredibly picky!

My Edge system is pretty simple. I think it is as follows:

Is it Edge? If yes, then it is good.
Is he showing more skin than usual? If yes, then it is very good.
Is he making some form of awesome guitar face? If yes, it is also very good.
Is there some action in the pants area? If yes, then it is AWESOME.

That's a very simple, yet good philosophy. :yes:

Though, would you consider Hobo Edge good? :wink:

Yaay I gets teh cookies! :hyper: what kinda cookies?

HI there!!!

I got used to the suspenders and high waist pants!
*L* :drool:
His long hair only looks "greasy" in the R&H film because it's all sweated up. SO it doesn't really bother me there ( more bothered by it the Vert tour)

I really didn't like the "conductor's out fit/hat" for the Zoo TV section of the Vertigo tour. :yuck: But after watching the JUST the Zoo Station Vid so many times I'm OK with it there. Never will be a fav.

Liked the Vertigo & Elevation jackets . Sometimes Vertigo hair good, sometimes not-- I don't. The Vert cut was shorter towards the end of the tour?

Pretty much loved the Elevation cut.
I also really loved the Zoo TV Cut and THAT outfit!:drool::drool:
ALso liked a lot but didn't see it live if it ever was the Bluejackets they wore for ZOOROPA.

Hated the severity of last year's cut on the sides/temples! :no:

Loved the Black Roses Black Leather Jacket of last year:ohmy::drool: the rest ....eh

THis year? :lmao: Hands down the best since ZOO -TV!
It goes to "11" !!! :drool::drool::drool:

I really liked the red-ruffled shirt. very romantic! :drool:

bonocomet
Blue Crack Supplier 48,898
Galeongirl
Blue Crackhead 48,740

:mac: Almost there.....

And on that note, I'm leaving for bed. :yawn: it's getting late and I gotta catch up some sleep. I'll give Comet a fair chance to catch up to me. :wink:

:hug: G'nite ladies. Lovely pink shirt Bono dreams for everyone! :sexywink:
bonopinkshirtmilano2.jpg

bonopinkshirtbumsmall.jpg

bonojeanspinkshirt.jpg

since you guys just left me thinking loooong over what kind of Bono i don't like and since I came to the realization that I really can't tell at the moment. Must go through my picture files and see if there's actually one I really can't stand. Granny Bono certainly ;) Though I have to mention that the greasy hair factor can be a downer...but even this he can sometimes wear out just well!
i will just post a few more Bono pics for you instead!

are you talkin' to me???

PopBono.jpg

_debt.jpg

_BBeach.jpg

_snowy.jpg

depends on people's characters as well and how free-minded they are! Oh well, new beginnings are sometimes told to be good :D

This is true :). Just have to go with what appeals most to you.

I seriously hope that there's someone younger in this 70-year old mom's life who is at least willing to take the kid under his/her wing if things should get overhand!

I don't know if there is, we didn't see the whole thing. But it certainly wouldn't hurt to have that backup, no.

(If I heard right, I swear I heard something about her taking care of her parents. If that's the case, how the hell old are THEY :huh:?)

Glad you have a few quiet days to relax this week :up:

You're welcome (and woo for a class being canceled, get a little more free time) :hug:.

I'm glad, too. Nice to just chill sometimes.

well... and that's pretty interesting too:
_Bcarrier_16juuli2005-VertigoTour-Amsterdam-byEricPeters.jpg

:lol: :eyebrow:...'kay, um...what on earth is going on here? I want backstory!

I rather like that furry coat on Bono-it looks cozy and perfect for cool days like the kind we've got here. Makes me want to snuggle up next to him. And everyone is fully aware of my JT/R&H era Bono love, so no surprise there. I have no problem with his suspenders and such in the R&H movie, and when is him being sweaty a bad thing :drool:?

The only look I was never big on was the Pop look, but I've even changed my mind on that a bit over the years. About the only look I feel Bono should never, ever sport is being bald. I saw that one picture of him floating around somewhere once where he was (or very nearly was), and...:no:. Needs his lovely locks of hair.

Speaking of sexy men, "The Soup" is on now. Joel McHale...:drool:. I got the first season of "Community" this past weekend, so happy times for me! Something very pleasing to watch these next few quiet days.

Angela

oooooo :hyper::hyper::lol::heart::heart::drool:

~~~~*** GOOD TIMES ***~~~~

i was there outside for 3 of the 4 Letterman Days !!!

thanks Etarian!

AND Edge was sooo --- to me he was the most relaxed and eager to meet us fans -vs being a bit more shy but not as "bad' (shy) as Larry - that I"d ever seen him --which was from 05 tour several times outside MSG)!!

ETA>> LOOK Brian is laughing, too!! :applaud:

and like VP said also it's (Bono) his eyes and smile and cheekbones jaw :ohmy::drool::drool::drool:

for Edge the Hobo clothes were ok.... ZOOTV Again! :lol::drool::drool::drool:

I liked his plaid shirts with the little metal, & red colored "doo-dabs" Ach! can't think of the craft word for them!

and OF Course when he wears the plaid shirts open & we see the black tank top or no other top at all! W00000T!! :hyper::drool::drool: LOL

and more of course-- Edge's eyes and smile....HAPPY SIGH and his facial structure!'

Oh I'm just a Happy l'il Fan grrl! :wink:

Back
Top Bottom