PGP: Ringing in the New Year with New U2!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
more meteors crashed here today

this is from tuesday

http://hukka1974.kuvat.fi/kuvat/Tulipallot+ja+tahdenlennot/3.1.2012/M20120103_201734__90_avi

War of the worlds anyone ? :|:huh: :wink:

Just joking, they look so cool blasting through sky :love::love:
unless your on crash point :huh:

:hmm: Which pic are we looking at?

I wear a chunk of meteorite on a ring. I've worn it for about 20 years. It's really pretty when they cut them like a diamond, it's a very dark green color. I thought the way they find these certain meteorites on Earth was so interesting. They are found on the planet in a ginormous "S" shape and no one knows why. (At least they didn't when I got it) Mine comes from a portion of the "S" that runs through Russia.
I hope I'm remembering this all right and not totally making shit up. :lol:

you mean the track on ground is S shaped ?

It´s cause of earths rotation and angle :sexywink:

No not a track on the ground from one meteorite. These meteroites are found only in certain areas of Earth. If you took a globe and drew a giant "S" on it, you would only find this type of meteorite on that s shape, in those countries or wherever it runs through. I'll see if I can find something about what I'm talking about.

wqtched Hachiko and then read news bout metorites and ran out and now I´m not tired as woke up on -30C temp :doh:

No not a track on the ground from one meteorite. These meteroites are found only in certain areas of Earth. If you took a globe and drew a giant "S" on it, you would only find this type of meteorite on that s shape, in those countries or wherever it runs through. I'll see if I can find something about what I'm talking about.

Satellite_Orbital_Elements_ISS_Groundtrack.png

things coming to earth from space follow this kind of tracks so if it´s larger, bits and pieces are found on its path, which is ' S' shaped, how large is that shape depends how fast objects are coming here cause of earths rotation

Satellite_Orbital_Elements_ISS_Groundtrack.png

things coming to earth from space follow this kind of tracks so if it´s larger, bits and pieces are found on its path, which is ' S' shaped

Yay! :applaud: That's what I was trying to say. (I think :reject:) I remember when I bought it in the 80's they said they didn't know why these fell that way. I think though what they meant is that they don't know why only this certain type of meteorite falls there. But I have no idea. And maybe they've learned a few things in the last 30 years. :wink:

Time to think about the new thread name. Do we have suggestions? :hmm:

(I miss the days when it was easy to just have a leather-related title. :sigh: )

OMG Camille just tried on her costume for Comic-con this year, 4th Doctor Tom Baker, she looks awesome. :D

10 pages today???? *too lazy to catch up*

LittleZ's b'day party? total success! *proudmama*
AND he scored the only goal for his team for a 1-1 tie in their first "big boy" game (they moved from U-8 to U-9, a HUGE difference in field size, kid size and rules) *moreproudmama*

And at least 1 or 2 of those pages is boxing pics. :wink: Mostly Bono but I did add some boxing Larry and Edge. :sexywink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom