PGP - plannng our 2011 road trip!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's a huuuuge mental and emotional thing to come to terms with. I sincerely mean it, I'm here anytime you need anything. :hug: In the meantime, take care of yourself. :hug:

this.

Aand yeah, hooo boooooyyy what a change in one's "world view" of how things are. :(:(:(

I'm not sure if this will help or not, but we were just remarking the other day how my mom seems to have fewer bad days lately. The decline is still very apparent, even on her best days, but she seems to be holding her own with the meds she's currently on. :up: In my experience, it feels hopeless sometimes, but you get to the point where you realize things could be much worse. :) [/QUOTE]

:hug::hug:

Oh, VP....... I'm glad she's somewhat more stabilized for now.

I'll be leaving in a few minutes to take my son and his friends to a movie - a Nat'l Geographic documentary on Oceans. My son has promised to cover my eyes for me during the shark parts!

He's only 64 and still very active, smart, working, etc so it's hard for him to feel "old".

Thx. I just got an email that says "only 46 days until your application is due in to your advisor!" :yikes:

heh..... 64 is hardly "old" these days!

If he can do something like tai chai or certain types of yoga it can subtly strengthen the body, help with balance, increase flexibility etc.

They have done yoga with upper 70's to upper 80's people in Nursing Homes and it has worked really, really amazing for a lot of people.
w

:giggle: Shark alert from Owen!:heart:

I'll bet a lot of the film will be beautiful to look at!

:hyper:hyper::hyper: W00t!!!!!!

Thanks! :hyper: Just an hour and half left to go. :lol: I've already changed my voicemail message, and have my email out of office reply set up and ready to turn on right before I leave. :lol:

Of course there have to be a few crazy things that I have to deal with before I leave, but I'll hopefully have everything under control soon. It's tough on Fridays, because often people leave early or take an extra long weekend in the summers, so it's hard to find people to sign things or whatever. Makes life interesting. :wink:

Thanks! :hyper: Just an hour and half left to go. :lol: I've already changed my voicemail message, and have my email out of office reply set up and ready to turn on right before I leave. :lol:

excellent!!!:lol::D

Of course there have to be a few crazy things that I have to deal with before I leave, but I'll hopefully have everything under control soon. It's tough on Fridays, because often people leave early or take an extra long weekend in the summers, so it's hard to find people to sign things or whatever. Makes life interesting. :wink:

:panic::lol:

i hear ya! Summer Office Fridays are......... interesting when you're one of the ones :shifty: "left behind" ! :D

say Hi :wave: to The Island for me! :D

Quite a few pages to catch up on. OK not that many but I'm tired so it seems like loads, will catch up tommorow :crack::lol:

So looking forward to next year now. Bring on Chicago, Montreal and Toronto. :love::heart:

Was perusing the tour forum and the appears to be some confusion that I am doing Philly. No idea where this came from as all I said on this was that I was not sure if I could do this show. :) Looking at leave I will have left after Athens/Brussels, Xmas/New Year, few days spread over winter for my sanity of having time of work :lol: , and then the Chi/Montreal/TO I will not have enough leave left for other things I wanna do if I do Philly. I want to do Glastonbury :love: go see Snow Patrol when there album is out and also Friendly Fires too. :love: I figured I will have done 13 shows this tour by Toronto so I'm very happy with that, am gonna end on a high note in one of my fave cities :heart: :) Just wanted to clear that up as people seemed to think I was going and were all excited. :hug:

ETA: I also would like to go somewhere with Sarah ( my cousin ) or Kat and Joe for the weekend. :)

Aww, sorry! :kiss: Things got really hectic here for a bit. Now it's quiet, and I'm almost done work! :hyper:

I'm off to get my hair cut this evening. :drool: SO excited to get a couple inches chopped off! :)

Thanks Dazz. It is pretty awesome if I say so myself. :lol:

:wink::reject::lol:

I'm still squeeing about it. :lol:

as well you should! :D:hyper:
you didn't kill the thread-- I went over in Gatherings thread
the're people who were putting a get together for all the blu craicers heading for the NJ/N show are still hosting it, o I'm going tomorrow night. :D

gotta leave:wave:

have a great weekend everyone!:hug:S:heart:

Ooh, haircut Thora? I wanna see pics! I'm waiting 'til about a week before school starts to get mine cut (maybe even colored)

Stoopid movie theatre stopped showing the cool Nat'l Geo Oceans movie so we had to see "Marmaduke" instead. It was super dumb. :down: But the kids liked it and my friends got to go out to dinner w/o their kids, which was the whole purpose of the evening, so it's all good.

this.

Aand yeah, hooo boooooyyy what a change in one's "world view" of how things are. :(:(:(

Ta Dazz :hug:

Thora, hope your dad doesn't push himself too hard! I know it must be frustrating for him but you tell him off if you have to :wink: It's better for the long-term gain, anyway.

My dad was saying a couple of weeks ago that he expected his body to slow down as he got older, but he never expected the mental deterioration. I think both his own parents must have been younger than he is now when they died, so I guess he didn't see it in them.

DG, your puppy is teh kewt! That little button nose... :cute: No wonder Phoebe is jealous... :wink:

^ Nice! Looks good on you that length. :up:

Thanks! :D It's amazing how much healthier and good it looks, now that it's been cut and taken care of. It had been 9 months since I'd gone to the stylist. :yikes: :lol: It was desperately in need of help.

Thora, hope your dad doesn't push himself too hard! I know it must be frustrating for him but you tell him off if you have to :wink: It's better for the long-term gain, anyway.

Oh, I'll have no problems telling him off! :wink: I know my mom and his staff probably have a harder time feeling comfortable doing that, but I don't care. :lol: And you're absolutely right. It may suck for him to take it easy right now, but in the long run he'll have perfect vision, and that's worth it.

Went to the Hippodrome yesterday :hyper:

Nice! Saw your pics on FB. Didn't realize it was just an empty field! :lol: I assume they're going to build seating in time for the concert...

ETA - Hi Wild! :kiss: Glad you got your box set at last! :D

yeah Thora i think the boys are erecting something putting something up especially for the concerts

that sounds so wrong :silent:

:giggle:

i'm good

spending the day procrasting :drool:

waiting to get to the TV to watch U2 :waiting:

Procrastinating, ftw! :drool:

I've started packing this morning, even though I'm not leaving until tomorrow morning. I'm going out for the evening, so I don't want to have to deal with packing when I get home tonight, as I'll most likely be drunk. :lol:

My stomach's been yelling at me ever since I woke up an hour ago or so. I should probably make some breakfast. Mmmm... food! :drool:

Have you seen the DVD yet, or will this be your first time? It's really good. Last night I watched most of Slane. :love: I was falling asleep because it was late and I'd had some wine, so I just turned it off. I'll probably finish it at some point today. :D

Love the hair Thora!
Wild, enjoy the DVD :drool:

I just thought I'd share this with y'all. I don't know quite why this gets to me as much as it does, but damnit, it gets to me:
larrygirlhair3comet.gif

Thanks, zu! :hug:

Is that gif from the One video?

I FINALLY found my swim cap - I've been looking for this for weeks. I have two - one is just a normal black kind, and then this other which is bright yellow, and is for my swim race in the summer (it's annoyingly bright so you're easily spotted in the ocean). I get a discount on the entry fee if I use that swim cap, and I was worried I wouldn't find it in time. Yay! :D

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom