PGP: How to recover from the BonoMono?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:uhoh:

NI went for a takeaway, police went in and suggested that the owner close up & Helicopters overhead

Stay safe, you two! :hug: I'm just gutted about what's going on there. :sigh:

on a totally different note, I just got an email from the Royal Shakespeare Company. The guy I contacted likes my proposal and is going to run it by the people I'd be working directly with. :hyper:

Take out/cary out is that what your Americans call it?

:shifty:

Takeout.

I need to try the British cafe on Main Street in Layton... they claim to have fish and chips. And bangers and mash... :shifty: *misses British food sometimes....*

:reject:

Off to the library. I told my son that if he reads a whole book in the next 5 days (before school starts) I'll pay him $2. Bribery Parenting, ftw. :lol:
Hey, I once bribed my nephew with Cheez-its! :lol:

If it works, right? :wink:

I know I'll eat "Irish food" while I'm there, but shit, I'll eat at any restaurant that I hear is good. Since I didn't end up splurging on a hotel, I hope I'll be able to splurge on at least a few really nice meals. :)

I was doing some calculating yesterday, and I think my daily allotment of funds for food/souvenirs/transport/admission fees to whatever is going to be more than I initially planned for, which is AWESOME. And I also think I really overestimated how much I'll need for gas when I'm driving, which will help.

What really helped with the funds is realizing that not only is September one of the two months this year with a third paycheck, I get that "extra" paycheck on the day I leave for Ireland, so the entire thing can go toward my trip.

WHOOOOOO!

we will:hug:

Ohh fingers crossed :hyper:

I know I'll eat "Irish food" while I'm there, but shit, I'll eat at any restaurant that I hear is good. Since I didn't end up splurging on a hotel, I hope I'll be able to splurge on at least a few really nice meals. :)

I was doing some calculating yesterday, and I think my daily allotment of funds for food/souvenirs/transport/admission fees to whatever is going to be more than I initially planned for, which is AWESOME. And I also think I really overestimated how much I'll need for gas when I'm driving, which will help.

What really helped with the funds is realizing that not only is September one of the two months this year with a third paycheck, I get that "extra" paycheck on the day I leave for Ireland, so the entire thing can go toward my trip.

WHOOOOOO!

Most of the restaurants we ate at when there had pretty typical "american" fare (pork chops, chicken, steak). :shrug:

And yay for 3 paycheck months!

My stomach has gotten kind of sensitive to meat over the last few years, so I know the amount of "hearty Irish stews" and the like that I can comfortably eat will be pretty small. So I'll be relying on the other types of cuisine that the cities have to offer. Of which I hear there are many.

:drool:

I was reading reviews of some French and Chinese restaurants in Dublin, and they're going on my list. :shifty:

:uhoh:

NI went for a takeaway, police went in and suggested that the owner close up & Helicopters overhead

:hug:

Yep, the more people I can get to say "YES we want her to come here and research" the better my grant proposal will look. As a friend said to me, these may just be contacts now, but every step I'm taking seems to open up a door.

WooHoo!! :hyper:

WHOOOOOO!

That's awesome! I'm so excited for you. We wanna see TONS of pictures :wink:

I am going to take a MILLION pictures. Hopefully I'll remember what they all were when I'm home and ready to upload them. :lol:

I'm going to take my iPad with me, but am going to do my damnedest to only occasionally check in via Facebook and email my folks to let people know I'm still alive.

WHOOOOOO!

Most places as Zooey said do American" food, or a mixture of both.

All I know is Irish food is :drool:

Irish Soda Bread :drool: & Irish sausage :drool:

Not sure if you know but some motorways charge a toll for use :hug:

ZOMG SODA BREAD. :drool:

Also, ZOMG BROWN BREAD. :drool:

BREAD. BREAD! BREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAD!

Thank you! I did just recently remind myself to check about tolls. On my "to do" list is to plan my routes and figure out where/how much the tolls are. Sounds like the one I know of for sure is the M50 (I think that's it?) that goes west out of Dublin. :hug:

I am going to take a MILLION pictures. Hopefully I'll remember what they all were when I'm home and ready to upload them. :lol:

I'm going to take my iPad with me, but am going to do my damnedest to only occasionally check in via Facebook and email my folks to let people know I'm still alive.

You may come home with an Irish hubby :ohmy:

better watch yourself with those Irishman , they move in mysterious ways :drool:

ZOMG SODA BREAD. :drool:

Also, ZOMG BROWN BREAD. :drool:

BREAD. BREAD! BREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAD!

Thank you! I did just recently remind myself to check about tolls. On my "to do" list is to plan my routes and figure out where/how much the tolls are. Sounds like the one I know of for sure is the M50 (I think that's it?) that goes west out of Dublin. :hug:

NI's mum makes her own twice a day :drool:

I think most f their motorways charge somewhere to get on :lol:

When i first went to Ireland , motorways didn't exist .. the journey that takes 20 mins to Dublin from NI's parents house used to take 2 hours :crack:

I got some good (I'm assuming!) advice from someone online about my driving plans. I was planning on taking the train to Galway and renting a car there, as I'd heard how awful traffic was in Dublin, and don't drive in Dublin, blah blah blah.

Someone told me that renting a car at the Dublin airport is fine, and you just hop right on the motorway. And if it's your first time driving on the left, it can be easier to hop on a motorway, where everyone is going the same direction and you just go with the flow.

Sounded good to me! Plus, it ended up being cheaper to rent the car from Dublin than from Galway. And plus PLUS, this way I can make a few stops between Dublin and Westport (i.e., the castle that's on the cover of TUF, and also Clonmacnoise).

Back
Top Bottom