PGP: He's got to know, right?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
He's a huge U2 fan, we met him at a show in Toronto last tour, and he was SO nice. Shook our hands, asked our names, and I took a pic of him and Sarah. He wore a One bracelet for ages, not sure if he still does.

Yup, that's him, although he hasn't worked at Much for years now, he has his own tv and radio show.

Aww that's so nice! :cute: I heard a lot about him from Kaf, she's quite a fan.

He's pretty cute too. :D

I love that picture so much. I can relate so well! :lmao: I don't want to be creepy at all either, but OMG he was checking me out at the taping that I went to!! :lol: All the other girls around us noticed too, and were muttering "lucky bitch!" under their breath and so on. Hee hee.

Yikes, that's creepy. And wtf is up with them giving the dude your info? Not cool. I'd hate it if someone gave a guy my info without me knowing.

Yeah, I remember you talking about the special attention he gave you, no wonder they were jealous. :flirt:

I think they just thought he had a crush on me, and that it was harmless. They're idiots. :rolleyes:

The other one, I used to catch a bus to my high school at a stop several blocks away rather than a closer one, because that bus would get me to school faster. This creepy old man started walking up to the corner across from the bus stop every day, and would stand there and blatantly stare at me. Made me VERY uncomfortable. This went on for weeks. That was before people started being educated about stalkers, so I didn't think there was anything I could do, because he hadn't done anything other than look at me from a distance. When my bus stopped at the school, I'd get off and meet my friends outside at our usual spot on the sidewalk beside the school and we'd hang out till it was time to go in. One day I looked over, and the guy pulled up in his car, and sat in it, staring at me. I got freaked out, and my friends got his license number and made me go to the office and tell them. The office called the police, and the VP took me home, and came in and talked to my mom. The guy never showed up again, after that, thank god.

Hopefully we are also irresistable to rockstars! :D

I have never figured out the polite way to say "I'm sorry, but I could not be less interested in you, please go away." There needs to be some kind of international signal or something.

I know, it's difficult because you never know how the person is going to react. It's so uncomfortable. I think you just have to say it and get it over with. I'm gonna have to do that today :huh:

Yeah, I remember you talking about the special attention he gave you, no wonder they were jealous. :flirt:

I think they just thought he had a crush on me, and that it was harmless. They're idiots. :rolleyes:

The other one, I used to catch a bus to my high school at a stop several blocks away rather than a closer one, because that bus would get me to school faster. This creepy old man started walking up to the corner across from the bus stop every day, and would stand there and blatantly stare at me. Made me VERY uncomfortable. This went on for weeks. That was before people started being educated about stalkers, so I didn't think there was anything I could do, because he hadn't done anything other than look at me from a distance. When my bus stopped at the school, I'd get off and meet my friends outside at our usual spot on the sidewalk beside the school and we'd hang out till it was time to go in. One day I looked over, and the guy pulled up in his car, and sat in it, staring at me. I got freaked out, and my friends got his license number and made me go to the office and tell them. The office called the police, and the VP took me home, and came in and talked to my mom. The guy never showed up again, after that, thank god.

Omg, that's creepy. Glad everything worked out okay.

It just baffled me that he was checking me out. There were girls there that were a billion times hotter than me. I'm just an average looking person, so it really made me feel pretty! :D

That would give me the heebie jeebies. :uhoh: Glad he didn't show up any more. That's super creepy.

I know, it's difficult because you never know how the person is going to react. It's so uncomfortable. I think you just have to say it and get it over with. I'm gonna have to do that today :huh:

Omg, that's creepy. Glad everything worked out okay.

Yeah, he'd been at the bus stop that day, so he must have lived very close by, then rushed home to get in his car and follow the bus, and then watched me get off, so he could pull up right where I was standing. And he had to be at least in his 50s or 60. :shudder:

I think I was a bit more brave and probably more naive back then. You really can't be too careful, because while a person might just be harmless and socially awkward, you never know. Be careful. :hug:

Yeah, he'd been at the bus stop that day, so he must have lived very close by, then rushed home to get in his car and follow the bus, and then watched me get off, so he could pull up right where I was standing. And he had to be at least in his 50s or 60. :shudder:

I think I was a bit more brave and probably more naive back then. You really can't be too careful, because while a person might just be harmless and socially awkward, you never know. Be careful. :hug:

Wow that's so weird. Some people are so creepy :down:

Ya I'd rather be safe then sorry. That's why I got on my phone when I left the building.

Uhh I have this class in an hour. I'm so mad because I'm really looking forward to the class (it's a British History course), but this guy is totally ruining it for me today because I have to worry about how I'm going to avoid him :angry:

I just talked to my mom, and she mentioned that our yard sale is TOMORROW. How did it get to be Thursday already? Craaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaap! :scream:

:yikes: Glad it's you and not me! Good luck.

Ya I'd rather be safe then sorry. That's why I got on my phone when I left the building.

Uhh I have this class in an hour. I'm so mad because I'm really looking forward to the class (it's a British History course), but this guy is totally ruining it for me today because I have to worry about how I'm going to avoid him :angry:

Maybe you'll be mad enough to tell him to stay the hell away from you. :up:

Maybe you'll get lucky and he'll move on to annoy someone else today, and you won't even have to deal with him!

I think I am actually :hmm:

Me in class today: :yell: :gah::rant::madspit::madwife::help:

Go you!! :cheer: It sucks that he's ruining something you're looking forward to - take that power away from him. :up: And let us know how it goes. :hug:

I'm miles from where you are, but I'll gladly go up there and kick his ass.

Early yesterday morning I downloaded a beginner's yoga dvd, to get started on Project: Fix My Back. I was going to try it out today, but then later in the day yesterday, I twisted my knee in a really weird way. I was hoping it'd be better today, but it still hurts, owie. :angry:

Go you!! :cheer: It sucks that he's ruining something you're looking forward to - take that power away from him. :up: And let us know how it goes. :hug:

I'm miles from where you are, but I'll gladly go up there and kick his ass.

Early yesterday morning I downloaded a beginner's yoga dvd, to get started on Project: Fix My Back. I was going to try it out today, but then later in the day yesterday, I twisted my knee in a really weird way. I was hoping it'd be better today, but it still hurts, owie. :angry:

Aww thanks VP :hug: I'll definitely let you know how it goes. I should just read these posts on my BB when I go in the class to help me be brave :lol:

Oh no. Hopefully your knee feels better later or tomorrow and you can start to work on your back. I've never done yoga but obviously heard good things about it.

Aww thanks VP :hug: I'll definitely let you know how it goes. I should just read these posts on my BB when I go in the class to help me be brave :lol:

Oh no. Hopefully your knee feels better later or tomorrow and you can start to work on your back. I've never done yoga but obviously heard good things about it.

Read these posts, and post to us while you're in the class, if you think the encouragement will help! Or, I don't have my BB yet, but I can send you my number so you could text me if you want. :hug:

Yup, I've heard good things to, and I was really looking forward to starting. Alas, i think that's going to have to wait for a day or two. :lol:

It's a cool, rainy day today. I think I'll just snuggle up on the couch, and rest my knee. I also downloaded Purple Rain (the movie) yesterday. Sarah's never seen it, so we'll probably watch Prince, in all his Princy cheesiness. :cute: The music is SO kick-ass, though.

Read these posts, and post to us while you're in the class, if you think the encouragement will help! Or, I don't have my BB yet, but I can send you my number so you could text me if you want. :hug:

Yup, I've heard good things to, and I was really looking forward to starting. Alas, i think that's going to have to wait for a day or two. :lol:

You guys are the best! :grouphug:

I wish I could text during class but the prof said he hates that so I don't wanna get in trouble. But trust me, I'll be reading these posts right before I go into the classroom :lol:

Uhhh time to go :crack: :wave:

You decided on a BB then? :hyper: :lol:

Good luck, I'll be thinking of you, sending you "don't mess with me, douchebag" vibes.

That sounds weird, like you're the douchebag, but you know what I mean. :lol:

This! Hope it goes well, Kristen! :hug:

You decided on a BB then? :hyper: :lol:

Well, not exactly, but knowing me, I'll moan, compare, contrast, vacillate, weigh options - basically torture myself over the decision - and then end up going with the BB, anyway. :laugh:

One thing that's kind of stopping me from getting a touchscreen phone is that I'm afraid I wouldn't be gentle enough with it. I love just throwing my phone into my purse, or in my pocket, or whatever.

So much to catch up on. I hate being so busy all day and tired at night. I don't do the multiquote from different pages very well so I'll just try to remember what you all said.

a) Kristen- yikes!!!!! Better safe than sorry - tell someone before you get totally freaked out! And don't send out scared vibes. Send out "I'm a badass and you'd better not fuck with me" vibes. (boots help :wink: )

b) I thought you were dreaming about Former Bill Clinton campaign advisor George Stephanopolous :lol: I mean he's kinda cute but...

c) MTE, your "I'm not a hooker" clarification made me lol

d) I will take some of that cinnamon/raisin applesauce, GG, kthx. :drool:

e) I saw the end of North Star from yesterday, where the audience starts singing a song they've only played, what, twice? That's crazy - loved his reaction "That would be the internet" I wonder if they know how many of us clock their every move.

f) Bono Moanz :drool:

g) GG, sounds like you're pregnant with a whole litter! Hope the health care system in Holland is better than it is here!

h) Half day at work today :hyper: I get to do a double workout AND go to the grocery store. I didn't get to do my Sunday shopping and we have NO FOOD at home!

i) I connected with a student today. It was nice. Another one made me want to bash my head against a brick wall, but I won't think about that.

*hands Zu a bowl*

Don't worry.:lol: Compared to some other PLEBAns I won't have that many bandlings after all! And our healthcare system is pretty decent I reckon.

:yippie: Can't wait for tomorrow. Will finally see my babysit kid again for the first time in two months. Going there to return the key, since I babysat the cats this weekend. But when I was there to get the key it was evening so the kid was already asleep. Can't wait to see how much he's grown.

:shifty: yeah it is. I'm not working there anymore, in july my contract ended and I wasn't needed anymore... it sucked but I figure it's better this way as I don't really have that much time for it now. I don't see him that much as a result, which is probably better as well. I think I'm finally getting over him, I mean I'll always love him and always know I won't ever get my chance with him, but I'm okay with that. There's not much else to do and I really value him as a friend. Besides, his wife is awesome as well.

And you all probably got bored with the way I went on and on and on about him anyway.

:shifty: yeah it is. I'm not working there anymore, in july my contract ended and I wasn't needed anymore... it sucked but I figure it's better this way as I don't really have that much time for it now. I don't see him that much as a result, which is probably better as well. I think I'm finally getting over him, I mean I'll always love him and always know I won't ever get my chance with him, but I'm okay with that. There's not much else to do and I really value him as a friend. Besides, his wife is awesome as well.

And you all probably got bored with the way I went on and on and on about him anyway.

Nah, it what we're here for! (at least I hope so, 'cuz I keep babbling about TallBuffEdge, and I"m MARRIED for christssake!) And your outlook seems really healthy. I'm glad you like his wife. Some girls would be all "bitch". :hug:

e) I saw the end of North Star from yesterday, where the audience starts singing a song they've only played, what, twice? That's crazy - loved his reaction "That would be the internet" I wonder if they know how many of us clock their every move.

:lol: Yeah, that was pretty awesome. Just saw the vid this morning, but heard it on the live feed. Oh, Bono. :cute: The internet knows SO much more than you can imagine! :lol:

:lol: Yeah, that was pretty awesome. Just saw the vid this morning, but heard it on the live feed. Oh, Bono. :cute: The internet knows SO much more than you can imagine! :lol:

I wonder if he knows how much IT is obvious and distracting?:shifty:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom