PGP: Edge's Gentleman's Sausage

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'll be a little peeved if a tour does happen in 2013, because I'm planning a 40th-birthday trip to Vegas with a friend that year. I can't splurge on Vegas if I have to throw money at Bono. :grumpy:

On the other hand, if they tour in 2014, then we're waiting a whole 'nother year, which is equally unacceptable.

Think about me, that I'm planning my wedding for 2013!! :D

I'm so angry!! Noel Gallagher will come back to Italy next 13 March...just the day before I got my flight to Dublin!! :angry:
Luckily I've got my ticket to see him next 28 november!!

ooh - my mom just sent me an email. To denizens of the US (or ppl with a US cell phone), cell phone numbers will be open to telemarketters starting this month - register your number on the Do Not Call list.

I think I'm already on the list but I am re-registering anyways just in case.
And its not surprising that telemarketers are going after cell phone #s. Most ppl dont have a landline anymore. We just have the cell phones.

And gifsoup.com is saying the vid I want to make a gif from is not valid. WTF. :angry::doh:
Dairy Queen Commercial: Falcon - YouTube

I get actual anxiety when this topic comes up. I like the reassurance and then I read the comments below the story and I'm like, seriously, breaking out in hives.

I do too. Like Cori said, I need to find my happy place and try to ignore the misinformation quoting Bono can bring. It made me feel better the more stories that were posted about it because they were so obviously quoting the wrong people. It's like the game telephone.

What Bono said: We need a break and need to rethink what our music should and will sound like. It's time for something different.

What people reported: I think we suck and should just go away. In fact, I'm going Howard Hughes on you people. U2 are dead.

I think he was giving interviews when he was in a weird head-space. It'd be like trying to interview a postpartum mother. Add to that the media's inclination to sensationalize anything.

"Justin Beiber cuts hair.....WHAT DOES IT MEAN???"

So thank you, Fatty McG.

Happy Hump Day ladies :sexywink:

Speaking of......

bonoearlydays3.jpg

:shifty:

I think he was giving interviews when he was in a weird head-space. It'd be like trying to interview a postpartum mother. Add to that the media's inclination to sensationalize anything.

THIS. Me 5 mins after having my firstborn?
"I AM NEVER EVER DOING THIS AGAIN OMG WTF WAS I THINKING?"
(24 hours of labor and an 8.5lb child will do things to you. :yikes: )

5 years later?
"I can't wait for the new baby why didn't we do this sooner????" :lol:

My thought in the middle of it all (spoiler for the squeamish and those who do not want to know the wonder of birthing babies)

As I was being stitched up from a few lacerations in my ladyland region, I asked, "Can I still have more children?" I had just endured 16 hours of labor, a vacuum and stitches without the epidural - this was my thought

My thought in the middle of it all (spoiler for the squeamish and those who do not want to know the wonder of birthing babies)

As I was being stitched up from a few lacerations in my ladyland region, I asked, "Can I still have more children?" I had just endured 16 hours of labor, a vacuum and stitches without the epidural - this was my thought

:lol: That's a perfectly legitimate thought! Mr CK told me a couple yrs after Lil' CK was born that his first thought was "its broken. she broke it." :lol::lol:
I endured 24 hours of labor (15 of it w/out any drugs bc the night shift nurses were idiots...), and delivered an 8.5lb child that req'd vacuum assistance and STILL caused me to tear. Without my epidural, people would have gotten murdered, no joke. I'm already planning on having one for FroBaby. It was my lifesaver.

I was induced which was no party. They turned my epidural down. Spoiler alert because it makes me sound like a bad mom

I pushed for 3 hours. I was begging for a c-section. The doctor (Dr. House - I kid you not -) wanted to try the vacuum. At one point, I remember saying, "Give me the knife and I'll cut it out."

I was induced which was no party. They turned my epidural down. Spoiler alert because it makes me sound like a bad mom

I pushed for 3 hours. I was begging for a c-section. The doctor (Dr. House - I kid you not -) wanted to try the vacuum. At one point, I remember saying, "Give me the knife and I'll cut it out."

I was induced prior to my epidural because I wasn't progressing fast enough & my blood pressure was going through the roof.
I only pushed for an hour because I was dead and determined to get it the fuck over with. At one point I threw an oxygen mask at a nurse because I just wanted to bear down and PUSH, not worry about breathing tactics, lol. Once everyone just left me alone and let me push, he came right out. Only reason we even needed the vacuum was his size. 8.5lbs and 19.5 inches long - at a week early!! Had he been on time, he would have been close to 10lbs :yikes:
Here's hoping FroBaby is easier, lol.

Here's some hump day love:
iconipodadamgreenjackieocean.gif

I get actual anxiety when this topic comes up. I like the reassurance and then I read the comments below the story and I'm like, seriously, breaking out in hives.
Me too! Every time I hear it I get near tears.

I do too. Like Cori said, I need to find my happy place and try to ignore the misinformation quoting Bono can bring. It made me feel better the more stories that were posted about it because they were so obviously quoting the wrong people. It's like the game telephone.

What Bono said: We need a break and need to rethink what our music should and will sound like. It's time for something different.

What people reported: I think we suck and should just go away. In fact, I'm going Howard Hughes on you people. U2 are dead.

"Justin Beiber cuts hair.....WHAT DOES IT MEAN???"

So thank you, Fatty McG.

You just made :lol:

Thank you. *needed that*

Happy Hump Day ladies :sexywink:

Speaking of......

bonoearlydays3.jpg

:combust:

I think that was the style back then. I think I recall having reverse sweatshirts - as stupid as they were.

I'd like to know what the photographer said to get the lazy sex kitten look out of him.
:up:

I was induced prior to my epidural because I wasn't progressing fast enough & my blood pressure was going through the roof.
I only pushed for an hour because I was dead and determined to get it the fuck over with. At one point I threw an oxygen mask at a nurse because I just wanted to bear down and PUSH, not worry about breathing tactics, lol. Once everyone just left me alone and let me push, he came right out. Only reason we even needed the vacuum was his size. 8.5lbs and 19.5 inches long - at a week early!! Had he been on time, he would have been close to 10lbs :yikes:

Here's some hump day love:
iconipodadamgreenjackieocean.gif

:ohmy:

Oh! I don't know how many of you are following my t-shirt drama, but the mail system lost it! :sad: Am now awaiting an shipment confirmation email from LiveNation for a new one....

I thought you were coming to see? :eyebrow:

:wave: I'll be spending more time with you than Noel... :D

I'd like to know what the photographer said to get the lazy sex kitten look out of him.

:lmao: wouldn't you love to know! Although I imagine B. Vox already knew that's how he should look at a camera, being a rockstar and all. That being said, I'd love to know where THIS look came from...

719016600_o8jUz-L.jpg

:hmm:

Your childbirth stories are... scary. I've heard so many over the years that I'm pretty sure I'll just be adopting, when I'm ready to have kids. :lol:

U2.com sent me an email this morning, saying that because I'm a lapsed subscriber, they'll let me renew for $40 instead of $50. WOW - so generous!! :lmao: Umm, no thanks. I'll wait until a new album is announced, THEN I'll think about re-subscribing. It's just a waste of money (for me) to get a subscription in a non-album/non-tour year. :)

Your childbirth stories are... scary. I've heard so many over the years that I'm pretty sure I'll just be adopting, when I'm ready to have kids. :lol:

U2.com sent me an email this morning, saying that because I'm a lapsed subscriber, they'll let me renew for $40 instead of $50. WOW - so generous!! :lmao: Umm, no thanks. I'll wait until a new album is announced, THEN I'll think about re-subscribing. It's just a waste of money (for me) to get a subscription in a non-album/non-tour year. :)

There is no such thing as easy childbirth. That's WHY they call it labor :lol:

And yeah, I'm not into spending $40/$50 on a non-tour/album year. Hell, I couldnt afford that during THIS tour. :crack:

There is no such thing as easy childbirth. That's WHY they call it labor :lol:

And yeah, I'm not into spending $40/$50 on a non-tour/album year. Hell, I couldnt afford that during THIS tour. :crack:

Good point. :lol:

All I really want is the pre-sale codes. :lol: Although thanks to being a member here, I was able to get a ticket to Montreal 1 about 2 days before the show from another poster. I'd originally only planned to go to the 2nd show (what kind of crack was I smoking when I made THAT decision?! :lol:), but changed my mind right before I left for Montreal. That was so awesome, and I'm SO glad I got to go to that show. :)

Yeah, pre-sale codes would be nice if I knew I'd be able to actually afford tickets day-of-sale. Out of the 360 shows I attended, only Pittsburgh was bought day-of-sale, and that required some serious scrambling to manage. Tampa tix were bought 3 wks before the show, and the original MI tickets were bought a month or so before. (Ended up having to wait a year to use them, but yeah)

When you live on the tight budget we do, shows are more of a "well we'll see as it gets closer" instead of the "OOOH LOOK PRE SALES A YEAR BEFORE THE TOUR!!!" approach. :huh:

That's gotta be tough to decide what to do. At least you're a member here, and it's relatively easy to find tickets right up until the night of the show, should that be necessary. If I hadn't joined up here, I never would have gone to the non-Vancouver shows that I've been to. :)

360 was the first time I went to multiple shows, although I did try to go to a few extra Vertigo shows, but those didn't end up working out. I wanted to go to the Hawaii show, since I go there every December, but I couldn't afford to change my flight to a few days earlier. I had a ticket potentially lined up, and could have crashed with several friends, but the price for changing my flight was more than I could afford at the time. It was painful to arrive in the city a day and a half after the show and see everyone in the post-show aftermath. :lol:

Yeah, 360 was our first time doing multiple shows, and the only reason we were able to do that was because of the lengthy gaps between legs. During Vertigo, our son was born so we barely managed to squeeze in that show. Heck, I was 8 1/2 months along when we went! :lol:

I'd love to start saving for the next tour NOW, but with FroBaby on the way and knowing we'll be looking for a bigger place, it's just not gonna happen. :huh:

OMG. Check out what I just saw at The Bay...

380972_10150365491447671_577342670_8936859_943373416_n.jpg

:laugh: I wonder if Edge some secret U2 fans work there?

Guys. Guess what. There's gonna be an Irish festival over the weekend and if I try and get shit done on Friday and Sunday, I can totally go Saturday :hyper: It's right by a light rail stop and so easy to get to I basically have to go. I'm not gonna be staying for the tribute band bc light rail may shut off before then and I have mixed feelings about U2 covers...but still.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom