PGP: Edge's Gentleman's Sausage

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah, and I own just about all the ones that people recommend, but I just never seem to get around to finishing them. When I met Neil McCormick this summer I told him I was looking forward to reading his book (which I really am I swear! :wink:) and he just looked at me like I was insane, like a wtf you haven't read it yet? look on his face. :lol: :reject:

You met Neil??? He's my U2 periphery crush!! :lol:

:hmm: I know I need to. I actually am not sure if I have the BP Fallon one though, I might not.

I "forgot" to return that one to our public library. :shifty:

Oh, and in my most recent worlds colliding moment - I'm watching a Steely Dan tv appearances compilation torrent I downloaded a while back. First, it showed the intro to a 2000 CNN interview, and the host talked about the "3 B's" they'd be featuring on the show that night: Becker (1/2 of Steely Dan), Bono and Beck. :lol: And even better - their 2001 Hall of Fame induction - Bono was in the audience and it showed him a couple of times. :)

I have books about U2, but I tend to flip through them, feel like I've seen too much into their life, get uncomfortable, and put them down. I didn't like the Flanagan book though because there were a couple of parts where he was kind of disparaging about girls fawning over Bono, like they were just bimbos. I can't remember the specific part but I was just like, seriously dude, you're one of many cling nuggets that make a career out of writing about the exact thing that is making that girl scream, don't be so smug.

I bet it was the bar and panties scene where Bill and Bono make a bet over a girl who was dancing on the table's panties. And the beach scene where there was another girl trying very hard to make off with Bono but he didn't seem interested.

The cover was the reason that I literally GRABBED it off of the shelf at the sale and had to restrain a shriek. :shifty: :reject:

It's a lovely image, isn't it? :love:

I bet it was the bar and panties scene where Bill and Bono make a bet over a girl who was dancing on the table's panties. And the beach scene where there was another girl trying very hard to make off with Bono but he didn't seem interested.

*hasn't gotten that far yet* :ohmy:

Exactly. That time was filled with all kinds debauchery. Where was I????
I was in Texas, and unfortunately, for various reasons, wildly un-interested in anything that didn't have to do with Barbies, horses, or books about babysitting clubs. :reject:

maybe it's a guy thing since my dad didn't get it either, but I emailed the laughing girl to my brother and he responded saying that the video I sent him was "weird" :sad:

I was just telling my kids that! Charlie was unimpressed, and we all had tears streaming down our faces!

You met Neil??? He's my U2 periphery crush!! :lol:

I "forgot" to return that one to our public library. :shifty:

Dammit I probably missed you again while I ate dinner! :(

I did. I have to admit, he's definitely charming. He's got pretty eyes (which you wouldn't know from the pic! LOL), and the Irish accent certainly doesn't hurt. :sexywink:

And we color coordinated our outfits. :flirt: :lol:

PIT7-25-2011cpenyak24PittsNeilMcCormickcathleen.jpg

I need to red-eye fix this pic :uhoh:

and OMG my hair. :uhoh: it was so humid so hello FRIZZ.

:lol:

I usually don't eat dinner until 7-8pm, so early hockey games are good - that way the game's over by the time I'm starting to get hungry, so I can start cooking near the end. I'm still not really hungry, but I'm sure that by the time everything's ready my stomach will be rumbling noisily. :)

Dammit I probably missed you again while I ate dinner! : (

I did. I have to admit, he's definitely charming. He's got pretty eyes (which you wouldn't know from the pic! LOL), and the Irish accent certainly doesn't hurt. :sexywink:

And we color coordinated our outfits. : flirt: : lol:

PIT7-25-2011cpenyak24PittsNeilMcCormickcathleen.jpg

I need to red-eye fix this pic : uhoh:

and OMG my hair. : uhoh: it was so humid so hello FRIZZ.

:love: What an amazing picture!

Last year there was this kid from Pittsburgh who used to pop into this thread on occasion. He was going to see Neil at an appearance, and I said to say hi to him. He told Neil about my crush, and Neil said to him "is the poor dear blind?" :lmao: Oh Neil. :flirt:

I'm here for a few. Need to get ready for tomorrow and then get to bed, ugh. I took Friday off, felt as guilty as hell because there was so much going on, but I NEEDED a day off. Spent all day worrying/obsessing about work and then I finally called in to see how things were going without me. :reject: :lol:

Hockey game is over (my team wins!), so now it's time to get dinner on the stove. :drool: And a glass or two of wine, perhaps, as well. :love:

Are you hoping to hear about a job(s) this week?? If so, good luck!! :hug:

Last year there was this kid from Pittsburgh who used to pop into this thread on occasion. He was going to see Neil at an appearance, and I said to say hi to him. He told Neil about my crush, and Neil said to him "is the poor dear blind?" :lmao: Oh Neil. :flirt:

I'm here for a few. Need to get ready for tomorrow and then get to bed, ugh. I took Friday off, felt as guilty as hell because there was so much going on, but I NEEDED a day off. Spent all day worrying/obsessing about work and then I finally called in to see how things were going without me. :reject: :lol:

:lol: I remember that!

Aww, I hope the day off was somewhat restful.

Yes, I should hear back tomorrow or Tuesday about one job. I really do NOT know what to think about this job. I liked everyone that I met with, and I think I'd be a good fit for them. However, the other night I had a bunch of dreams about the job that really have me doubting whether or not I should take the job, if it's offered to me. None of the dreams were bad or good - it was all very even keeled and uninteresting. I tend to have a lot of meaningful dreams, so I don't want to totally discount them, but at the same time I don't want them to totally decide everything for me. :panic: I mean, it would almost be a relief if I didn't get offered the job, because my dreams have me so conflicted about what to do. :lol:

So we'll see what happens. I'll let you guys know. :)

:giggle: He is funny.

:cute: I remember when you fretting that you'd never get the hang of your "new" job. Now you sound like an old pro!

And thanks zooey! :)

VP, I'm thinking a mental health day is on the horizon but I can't really find a good day to take off. But we get next Friday off and I just have to go in for a couple hours to paint our set so that should act as a mental health day.

Just found out that Sting is gonna be in Phx on Nov 22nd. Tix are $96 + fees but I kinda really want to go...

:lol: I remember that!

Aww, I hope the day off was somewhat restful.

Yes, I should hear back tomorrow or Tuesday about one job. I really do NOT know what to think about this job. I liked everyone that I met with, and I think I'd be a good fit for them. However, the other night I had a bunch of dreams about the job that really have me doubting whether or not I should take the job, if it's offered to me. None of the dreams were bad or good - it was all very even keeled and uninteresting. I tend to have a lot of meaningful dreams, so I don't want to totally discount them, but at the same time I don't want them to totally decide everything for me. :panic: I mean, it would almost be a relief if I didn't get offered the job, because my dreams have me so conflicted about what to do. :lol:

So we'll see what happens. I'll let you guys know. :)

I think that dreams often tend to reflect our conscious or subconscious fears and anxieties, but I think that if you have any level of self-awareness, your conscious self is probably a better guide when making decisions than your dreams. :) In any case, good luck, hope it turns out the way you want it to!

:giggle: He is funny.

:cute: I remember when you fretting that you'd never get the hang of your "new" job. Now you sound like an old pro!

And thanks zooey! :)

Aw, thanks! I'm not even sure that i've got the hang of it - in this job, I don't even think that's possible, there are constantly "new" situations. I think I've become a bit more comfortable at muddling through, though. :)

VP, I'm thinking a mental health day is on the horizon but I can't really find a good day to take off. But we get next Friday off and I just have to go in for a couple hours to paint our set so that should act as a mental health day.

Just found out that Sting is gonna be in Phx on Nov 22nd. Tix are $96 + fees but I kinda really want to go...

Bleh, in my job, there never is a good day, you just have to pick one and make the best of it. Hopefully you'll be able to, too. :up:

I just gave away several pairs of Sting tickets for the Vancouver show! The prices for this tour are relatively good, no? Hope you get to go!

Night ladies. :hug:

I think that dreams often tend to reflect our conscious or subconscious fears and anxieties, but I think that if you have any level of self-awareness, your conscious self is probably a better guide when making decisions than your dreams. :) In any case, good luck, hope it turns out the way you want it to!

Aw, thanks! I'm not even sure that i've got the hang of it - in this job, I don't even think that's possible, there are constantly "new" situations. I think I've become a bit more comfortable at muddling through, though. :)

Bleh, in my job, there never is a good day, you just have to pick one and make the best of it. Hopefully you'll be able to, too. :up:

I just gave away several pairs of Sting tickets for the Vancouver show! The prices for this tour are relatively good, no? Hope you get to go!

Night ladies. :hug:

G'night. Wondering if you meant "gave away" or "sold"? :scratch:
Tickets are $96 for decent seats...

Back
Top Bottom