PGP: Bono, take off the platforms, OR get Spanxed...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Did anyone catch GMA? I'm wondering if it didn't happen or was it taped with George Stephanopolos? I saw a link to that posted as part of ABC news. Was that what aired?
I was under the impression he'd be there this morning but he was in DC for 10am.

Did anyone catch GMA? I'm wondering if it didn't happen or was it taped with George Stephanopolos? I saw a link to that posted as part of ABC news. Was that what aired?
I was under the impression he'd be there this morning but he was in DC for 10am.
Grace, yes: the interview with George is was aired. I think... that's all I can find, anyway.

It airs at 4pm here and he was only on about maybe 10mins or so. He was her first segment and it was via satellite from NYC.

Not enough time.

OKay. It's definitely awkward when you come home half drunk from a drinking event at uni and find both your parents still awake. Especially when you're wearing a hat you have no recollection of getting.

This certainly was a weird night.

In many more ways than one. I probably mentioned on here that I have a sort of stalker. The first years' student that constantly mingles in whatever convo I have with whoever, and has no idea he's fucking annnoying. Tonight I spoke with another first year's student and we talked about this, apparently stalker guy thought this guy was his BFF, so we both wanted to get rid of him. After a couple beers on an empty stomach we decided it would be best if we pretended something was going on between us.

After a couple more beers a friend of mine took me apart, asking if I realised that the guy seemed to not be joking anymore. I did not realise this before it was too late. :doh: Now I have two odd first year's students after me. Both whom are kinda odd guys WAY younger than me that I have no interest in.

I know I said a while back that I wish just someone was interested in me. But really. This is NOT what I meant. :doh:

well i guess i'll have to see everything Bono TeeVee ( :D ) on-line over the next few days or so.....

I've had an unexpectedly even more busy/disrupted from usual schedule week than it was already set out to be. :madspit: .....

I was just soooo tooo tired to even try to go down to GMA to try and catch bono this morning....:crack: I had to be somewhere later and couldn't do anything that would of messed that appt up.

one of my friends said "sure you don't want me to wake you if I'm up real early?"

i was like .... 'no...can't do this this time". :|

And YESTERDAY :angry: I had to chose between 2 R&R things:

Trying to catch Bono at the Stewert show once i found out when & where it taped in NYC (I didn't even know it was in NYC - i don't have cable)

OR

Going to see a panel (of really interesting/cool people) that would be discussingwith the author of a new book describing the 3 Major Music Reinventions in NYC between 1973 - 1977 in Latin Music> Salsa, Afro-American Music>Hip Hop and Rock & Roll> Punk/New Wave.

Disappointed as I am to not have tried to see Bono....this was a really interesting, funny, enlightening event. Glad I did go.

Going to see a panel (of really interesting/cool people) that would be discussingwith the author of a new book describing the 3 Major Music Reinventions in NYC between 1973 - 1977 in Latin Music> Salsa, Afro-American Music>Hip Hop and Rock & Roll> Punk/New Wave.

Dude. That's awesome. I would have gone to that (probably just bc it would be less crowded...)

OKay. It's definitely awkward when you come home half drunk from a drinking event at uni and find both your parents still awake. Especially when you're wearing a hat you have no recollection of getting.

This certainly was a weird night.

I bet - but I've got you beat. I was really drunk on Saturday night and one of my STUDENTS was babysitting for us. I walked in, I vaguely remember her giving me a funny look, then went straight to my room to pass out. :reject: :rolleyes: She has enough class though, not to have mentioned the incident.

In many more ways than one. I probably mentioned on here that I have a sort of stalker. The first years' student that constantly mingles in whatever convo I have with whoever, and has no idea he's fucking annnoying. Tonight I spoke with another first year's student and we talked about this, apparently stalker guy thought this guy was his BFF, so we both wanted to get rid of him. After a couple beers on an empty stomach we decided it would be best if we pretended something was going on between us.

After a couple more beers a friend of mine took me apart, asking if I realised that the guy seemed to not be joking anymore. I did not realise this before it was too late. :doh: Now I have two odd first year's students after me. Both whom are kinda odd guys WAY younger than me that I have no interest in.

I know I said a while back that I wish just someone was interested in me. But really. This is NOT what I meant. :doh:

That's kind of cool. I'm an old married lady. No one looks at me like that anymore. :sigh:

Aww, that was a really cute segment with Bono on Ellen. :love: I LOVE that he thinks that he sounded like a girl. :giggle:

It's so funny, he's so far from girly! I think Ellen liked Bono. Whenever U2/Bono are on tv, I get texts, emails and phone calls from friends to make sure I know about it, today was no exception. Was quite the Bonolicious day.

It's so funny, he's so far from girly! I think Ellen liked Bono. Whenever U2/Bono are on tv, I get texts, emails and phone calls from friends to make sure I know about it, today was no exception. Was quite the Bonolicious day.

Yeah, my mom often does that, and she called me this morning because she saw a commercial for Ellen. :cute: It's so adorable when she does that, so I never tell her that I knew about it in advance. :lol: I just couldn't bear to disappoint her - she gets such a thrill about telling me stuff like that, so I let her enjoy it. :)

Ugh. So tonight would have been my work Christmas party that I spent months planning before I was laid off. All my old co-workers are talking about it on FB and Twitter. :sigh: It really sucks. I put so much effort into that damn party, and even though there's no way in hell I'd go, it hurts that I can't be there. Bleagh. I may be getting drunk tonight. :lol:

Thora said:
Yeah, my mom often does that, and she called me this morning because she saw a commercial for Ellen. :cute: It's so adorable when she does that, so I never tell her that I knew about it in advance. :lol: I just couldn't bear to disappoint her - she gets such a thrill about telling me stuff like that, so I let her enjoy it. :)

Ugh. So tonight would have been my work Christmas party that I spent months planning before I was laid off. All my old co-workers are talking about it on FB and Twitter. :sigh: It really sucks. I put so much effort into that damn party, and even though there's no way in hell I'd go, it hurts that I can't be there. Bleagh. I may be getting drunk tonight. :lol:

:hug:

I love 30 Rock. It's so funny. Alec Baldwin is awesome.

I will be sending out Christmas cards next week. If anyone here wants one, please pm me your address! (I'll pm mine back too, if you want) :reject:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom