Perfume makes me HURL...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Discoteque

Rock n' Roll Doggie
okay, WHY do some people (mostly women) feel they have to DROWN themselves in perfume?!? :mad: Especially some of that heavy nasty stuff (like Opium or Cinnabar or Obsession). I know scent is in the nose of the beholder, but are people not able to smell how overpowering they are? A woman came in to our office for an interview the other day, and I nearly tossed my lunch from her perfume....and we're thinking of hiring her, feh. How would I tell her in a *civil* way to stop wearing this stuff???

Bleah. :madspit: Bleah. :madspit: Bleah.

Depends on the scent.

I prefer the light clean fresh scents over the strong flowery fruity scents.

Some people do wear entirely too much perfume too. I hate it when it's one of those strong rose scents or something really stinky and the room still smells like the perfume they wore 10 minutes later after they leave the room, lol.

Supposedly the reason some people use too much is-you develop an immunity to the smell of it when you use it so often, therefore you don't know when you have too much on.

:huh: I just don't know why those people can't just put a little bit on anyway. Cologne and perfume especially are so concentrated.

Sometimes it seems like some people bathe in it though, in lieu of a shower. That is just :no: :barf:

It's overwhelming when you walk by these people-or have to be in an enclosed space w/ them like an elevator. I also hate walking past the perfume counters in a store.:down:

Sicy said:

:laugh:

jbgummi.jpg

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
I agree. Some of that shit is way too strong. I don't mind clean scents, though. But the old lady perfumes have GOT to go. :no:

I :heart: cologne on a guy, though. Verrrry sexy. :sexywink:

But not if the guy drowns in cologne too! I remember high school horror stories, where guys thought they were being so suave, dumping half a bottle of the latest CK fragrance on their bodies...

*shudder*

Theres a women @ my work that heavily heavily sprays herself w/ perfume, it stinks like crap by the way. She smokes and so you get the smell of cigs and the perfume, its a bad combo!

It makes me almost puke @ the smell of it. Whats even funny is that she makes a girl @ my work sneeze and she doesn't even realise it, have had tried to tell her because I feel bad for the girl.

Carmanah said:

But not if the guy drowns in cologne too! I remember high school horror stories, where guys thought they were being so suave, dumping half a bottle of the latest CK fragrance on their bodies...

*shudder*

Sounds like one of my ex boyfriends. I could smell him even before I left my house to go visit him!!!! :laugh:

Back
Top Bottom