Opening Acts 2010 - Lenny Kravitz, Interpol, The Fray and more

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
to be fair, let's see how the majority of interference responds to bands that aren't u2 :shrug:

Unless it's CP I'm quite tolerant to other bands. :shrug: Though to be honest, the Oasis tolerance on the forum is rather low, but I sorta expect that to happen when the lead singer's a jerk y'know.
For 'normal' bands there's plenty of tolerance here! We're not 12 year old kids making threads about how much we hate this and that band and how shit they are. We actually discuss other bands and our love for them.

I don't know much about Muse but I get the feeling they're a bit arrogant themselves and probably are a little pissed that they're an opening act when they can sell out stadiums in Europe on their own.

Muse are not in the least arrogant, actually. Their music and shows may be everything but modest, but I've read tons of press and interviews with them over the years and they always come off as unassuming guys who are totally realistic about their current status in US. They've expressed nothing but appreciation for the opportunity to tour with U2, and Matt said a few times that he considers them one of the best live bands in the world (and admires Edge).

I'd agree that this board is generally ok when it comes to other musicians, but it can get just as hysterical, fannish and over-protective when it comes to some particular bands, *cough*Coldplay*cough*.

I'd agree that this board is generally ok when it comes to other musicians, but it can get just as hysterical, fannish and over-protective when it comes to some particular bands, *cough*Coldplay*cough*.
Ya reckon? :wink: The Coldplay hate really baffles me, if ever you'd think a band would fit into the U2 fan's orbit, you'd think it would be CP. And then the Oasis hate, geez. And then of course, any mega band from the 60s and 70s, cos of course U2 invented modern music as we know it... But that's a thread for B&C....

Muse are not in the least arrogant, actually. Their music and shows may be everything but modest, but I've read tons of press and interviews with them over the years and they always come off as unassuming guys who are totally realistic about their current status in US. They've expressed nothing but appreciation for the opportunity to tour with U2, and Matt said a few times that he considers them one of the best live bands in the world (and admires Edge).
Then Muse ought to come out and tell their fans to STFU :sexywink:

I didn't get the feeling that Muse didn't want to be there opening up for U2. Particularly since they played the opening riff to The Fly on night 1. And seemed pretty cordial when speaking to the crowd....

I just wish they'd get more than 45 minutes...

I like Muse quite a bit but...

The only thing I have a problem with is that tickets that could have gone to "deserving" U2 fans are going to idiots with so-so musical taste.

There are a couple of things that comfort me though, despite what they like to tell you, most of these shows that Muse are opening for are not really selling out so there are tickets still available anyhow. On top of that, I would like to think that most of them will stick around (despite what they say) and U2 will fucking rock and put them in their places. Of course they wont go back to their Muse board and sing U2's praises for fear of being ostracized by their peers but secretly they will run out and "hopefully" buy all of U2's albums and listen to them obsessively over and over again late at night in their closet discovering that U2 is in fact much better than Muse.

But hey, that's just one man’s opinion.

I am a Muse fan and have been since I saw them for the 1st time in 1999 but at the moment I am embarrassed by the comments over on the Muse board, we're not all like that honest.

I for one bought tickets for the Giants gig purely because I wanted to see U2 (once in a lifetime experience) and the fact that I just happened to be visiting at the time, it seemed like a no brainer. The fact that Muse were supporting was a bonus. I would never buy tickets to gig just to see a support act, regardless of who they are. I had an amazing time and have nothing but respect for what U2 have done with this tour.

Unfortunately, these gigs seem to have brought out the 'hardcore dare i say it obsessive' fans a fact that Muse themselves acknowledge. Its just a shame that as a result of these tbh ridiculous comments from a small minority, us normal fans are being tarred with the same brush.

Never heard much about Muse, but they seemed like a good opening band for Bono and the boys at Giants Stadium, and consideration will be given to getting their tunes.

It was fairly funny when Bono mentioned onstage that Muse was currently the Number One most downloaded band in 27 countries, and the crowd of New Yorkers and New Jersey fans yelled back "WHO?"

(although the crowd did manage to sing along when Bono sang a non-hit Springsteen song)

I reckon the Black Eyed Peas would be awesome, hope the U2 crowds give them some respect, they could sure put on a quality set, Meet Me Halfway, Don't Phunk With My Heart, I Gotta Feeling, Shut Up, Where Is The Love, My Humps...

I think Muse are great and they're my second favorite band. I thought they put on an excellent performance both nights, and I really hope they gain alot more fans and really go big in the U.S.

They also seem to really enjoy opening for U2 and just happy to be there.. No arrogance or anything at all in this clip I took...

YouTube - Muse leaving the stage 9/24/09

That's Dom, the drummer BTW.. He really seemed to be enjoying himself the whole time.

I like that boom boom pow. Them chickens jackin' my style. That's about it though. Not a big fan.

I still don't get how BEP can open for U2. The music is so completely different. They are from two different worlds. :huh:

agreed! BEP seems like the same kind of "non-stick, wallpaper music" U2 was speaking out against in the 1980s.

Fergie's humps =
danger.gif

I've seen some shitty bands open up U2 shows over the past 25 years, but at least they were bands and not dance groups.

:laugh:

...it does suck Sicy,but look on the bright side...you can get to the stadium later and you wont have to deal with the twilight fanatics...oops,I mean muse fans :D

:angry: I personally take offense to this.

Do you reckon us Muse fans are happy with that twillight bullshit? I didn't even KNOW they used a Muse song until someone on here told me.

:angry: I personally take offense to this.

Do you reckon us Muse fans are happy with that twillight bullshit? I didn't even KNOW they used a Muse song until someone on here told me.

Yep, agreed here too.. It bugs the shit out of me that they are associated with Twilight and that people seem to only know of them by this.. Why did this author have to like their music so much..:mad:

they are so much better than this...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom