Opening Acts 2010 - Lenny Kravitz, Interpol, The Fray and more

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i hear ya! Glasvegas sucked big time in Dublin. I couldn't wait for them to get off the stage..

That's too bad. I saw them this Spring, and they were quite good. But, it was a tiny club, and they had a great opening band (Von Iva).

I wonder if a stadium is just too large for their music/style, or did they just suck for sucking's sake?

Mark

I really started to like Snow Patrol. I wasn't very fond of them when the tour started but they seem like very nice guys and put on a really great show. They are also really big U2 fans and seem to be quite humble guys. Sadly, the Zagreb shows were the last ones for them as support act. We saw them the other day having a drink in a pub in Zagreb when we went out at night.

IMG_6167.jpg

IMG_6168.jpg

IMG_6169.jpg

IMG_6171.jpg

IMG_6172.jpg

i hear ya! Glasvegas sucked big time in Dublin. I couldn't wait for them to get off the stage..

Yeah, I turned around to lean on the rail. They really weren't my kinda band. The only Dublin opener I did like was actually the Kaiser Chiefs. I had Snow Patrol in Amsterdam, they were great too!

^Yeah, they are doing the first 6 shows. Chicago x2, Toronto x2 and Boston x2, then it is Muse for a bunch of shows

can one of you guys tell me what songs SP have played?

Hm I don't know the order, but from the top of my head they played:
They opened with Take Back the City

Chasing Cars
Crack the Shutters
Eyes open/open your eyes?
Shut your Eyes
You're all I have

.. I think I heard Chocolate at one of the dates at least

I really started to like Snow Patrol. I wasn't very fond of them when the tour started but they seem like very nice guys and put on a really great show. They are also really big U2 fans and seem to be quite humble guys. Sadly, the Zagreb shows were the last ones for them as support act. We saw them the other day having a drink in a pub in Zagreb when we went out at night.

Great Pix!

Gary is just charming as hell. Some of their songs fall flat, but they sing and play with a lot of passion. I'm really looking forward to them. (but still pissed off that I'll miss all the Muse shows)

Mark

IMG_6172.jpg
:love:

lol, I remember them doing the same at the Gelsenkirchen gig!

SP :up: !

Bit late but I thought Republic of Loose did a really good job at Dublin 2. I had never heard them before but thought their sound was interesting. They had the tough job of starting the night in a practically empty stadium.

I particularly enjoyed 'You know it' and 'Break'

I was not too into them at first but I listened to some of their stuff when I got home and found I liked it...unique sound.

Yeah damn work iz for suckas.:down:

I work too but all these shows are close within a 3 hour driving distance for me here on the east coast otherwise I wouldn't have been this lucky.

Oh, I know.
I'm just pissed because I could have made the Atlanta show work if the concert was 2 days earlier. Sometimes it works out great to combine work travel and fun stuff, and sometimes it just dangles there in front of you mockingly.

And when else will North America get MUSE in a stadium?!?!?!?! :angry:

M

Amazing pictures, LU!

I had Snow Patrol in Amsterdam, they were great too!

Yes, I was pleasantly surprised!
I hadn't seen them live before and only knew like 2 of their songs going in (Run and Chasing Cars), but I really enjoyed myself during their sets.
Liked all the songs and thought they did well.

It's almost a month since the shows and I still have "Shut your eyes" and "Crack the shutters" (both songs I never heard before) stuck in my head.

can one of you guys tell me what songs SP have played?

Take a look here : Search for setlists: snow patrol | setlist.fm

Ditto!

Hm I don't know the order, but from the top of my head they played:
They opened with Take Back the City

Chasing Cars
Crack the Shutters
Eyes open/open your eyes?
Shut your Eyes
You're all I have

.. I think I heard Chocolate at one of the dates at least

Yes, Chocolate was played regularly, as was Run.

Yes, I was pleasantly surprised!
I hadn't seen them live before and only knew like 2 of their songs going in (Run and Chasing Cars), but I really enjoyed myself during their sets.
Liked all the songs and thought they did well.

It's almost a month since the shows and I still have "Shut your eyes" and "Crack the shutters" (both songs I never heard before) stuck in my head.

Crack the Shutters has been my fave ever since I heard it on the radio. :D

I was amused how the friggin' ArenA was PACKED before SP started! Usually during the opener the stadium is getting fuller, people start to get to their seats but not even half of the seats are filled yet!!

Heh, I'm amused by all the twitters we got from last night about Glasvegas. Seems like U2log and u2gig share my opinion on them!

I thought Elbow were a great warm up. Listening to them beforehand I thought they were alright, but they're certainly better live. In case noone else knows the proper set list, here is one they played in early July at a festival. Probably was similar:

1. Station Approach
2. The Bones Of You
3. Mirrorball
4. Leaders Of The Free World
5. Grounds For Divorce
6. The Loneliness of a Tower Crane Driver
7. Newborn
8. Weather To Fly
9. One Day Like This

Bit surprised Glasvegas supported, wouldn't have thought they were big enough yet (quite a step down from snow patrol last time round). They're not my kinda thing, found standing through them after two long days pretty tough.

I finally figured out why Elbow was chosen for a support act - to make U2 sound even better when they arrived on stage ;)

Black Eyed Peas on NFL Kickoff show

I know the Peas have been beat down alot already as an opening act this tour, but I was open to the idea at least of seeing them live.

Last night though on the NFL kickoff show, they looked and sounded HORRIBLE. It was weird that they seemed to have no energy. Not much moving around stage, etc. Dunno, maybe the producers asked them to stay in one spot, but it was boring to watch that performance. The performance also left something to be desired from a musical standpoint for me. :|

Who knows, maybe it was an off night and they will impress at the Rose Bowl. It can't be worse than the Damien Marley opener at Oakland last tour can it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom