Older Warwick Bass...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hey guys, I was browsing random clips on YT and found this one from before the 360 tour started:

YouTube - U2 - 16 Days Countdown to U2 360 - U2MIRACLE.COM

Note the Warwick with the same pickup configuration the Reverso originally had. Also, what the heck is that red bass? Think it's the current red jazz with a different neck?

And the white P in the background...Sadowsky?

White P-style bass... Could be Sadowsky. Could be a P-Bass with some other neck? I dodn't recall seeing adam use that one.

Red is the 1966 Candy Apple Fender Jazz

The Warwick is a Warwick Streamer Stage One. Adam used it ONE time for "Electrical Storm" on July 2, 2009.

White P-style bass... Could be Sadowsky. Could be a P-Bass with some other neck? I dodn't recall seeing adam use that one.

Red is the 1966 Candy Apple Fender Jazz

The Warwick is a Warwick Streamer Stage One. Adam used it ONE time for "Electrical Storm" on July 2, 2009.

I think that Will Lee from David Letterman plays Sadowsky. Maybe Adam got the idea fromt he week played at Letterman to try one?

Hey guys, I was browsing random clips on YT and found this one from before the 360 tour started:

YouTube - U2 - 16 Days Countdown to U2 360 - U2MIRACLE.COM

Note the Warwick with the same pickup configuration the Reverso originally had. Also, what the heck is that red bass? Think it's the current red jazz with a different neck?

And the white P in the background...Sadowsky?

Actually, per the guy I talk with at Warwick, that particular Warwick was one of a number that were loaned to him to try out. This was in the recording/ore-tour time, so that Adam could decide what he wanted.

It seems that the black Stryker and the black Buzzard seen in U2.com and Guardian/Observer footage at Olympic Studios were also merely on loan.

It was during the time they hit on the idea of a reversed Stryker; the design that became the Adam Clayton Reverso.

Why no Buzzard? Even in the video it seems that Adam is mentioning it breaking up to much. Adam likes passive pickups and the Buzzard has active. Sure, he could probably ask and they'd gladly make him a Buzzard with passive pickups but... perhaps Adam sees that the Stryker and Buzzard are both associated with John Entwhistle. Adam is a big Entwhistle fan but might want to keep to his own 'thing', the Reverso design.

That's a new one. The regular Gold sparkle P has no tortoiseshell pickguard IIRC, it's a regular white one.

Untrue. Neither have tortoise shell.

The (original) gold sparkle Fender Precision has a white pearloid pickguard...

16.jpg

...just as the one in the tweeted pic. (Lilac purple one has the same pearloid pickguard)

The difference might be that Adam had them use the same Duncan pickups that are in the Reverso.

T'is my guess.

BBy the way, Tortoise shell looks like this (picture below)

Adam15.jpg

Ah I thought both were tortoise, just different colours. Weird how I never noticed the Precision having one too. I've seen it plenty of times! :doh:

Ah I thought both were tortoise, just different colours. Weird how I never noticed the Precision having one too. I've seen it plenty of times! :doh:

Tortoise shell is sort of the reddish brown, like the Jazz bass I posted.

All of Adam's sparkle finish Fender's have the white pearloid pickguard.

I've been told that there is a lilac purple JAZZ bass. But I've not seen it yet. It was built by Fender Custom Shop. ssuming the same specs as the gold sparkle but in the lilac purple, like the Precision.

Back
Top Bottom