Official Campaign 2008 Hot Stove Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
diamond said:

And to the cheap shot offered by the Non US citizen regarding Mitt looking like a used car salesman

That's not a "cheap shot"? Gee, even non-US citizens are perfectly within their rights here in FYM to give an opinion like that about Mitt Romney. Being a US citizen doesn't make anyone's opinion more valid or legitimate. And considering all the cheap shots you make about people who are topics of conversation here and posters here- "shrew" being the most recent.

martha said:

You may have a point. Americans aren't known for their expertise at choosing a president. TV exposure does help, even when they don't know what he stands for. Look at Reagan.

I can see a lot of blue collared Democrats switching to fast Freddy, (the same Democrats for Reagan in the 80s)and Freddy staring down Sister Clinton in a debate, and her then melting away and blaming it all on Bill.

Bubba will be pulling a spiked heel out of his forehead come late Nov 2008.
:D

dbs

after 8 years of the unmitigated disaster of the Bush presidency, something which nearly all Republicans are running away from, do you really think the voters are going to want a W.Bush part 2?

Thompson is your Wesley Clark. a good idea on paper, but little else.

Can Oprah win Barack the presidency ? She has great influence. A Hilary/Barack ticket would be a very easy sell and as a foreigner, I would welcome it. America has been under a dark cloud for the past 7 years.

Well, compared to the present administration, I would welcome Bert and Ernie. :wink:

Fred Thompson would have made a great Elmer Fudd in a live action version of Bugs Bunny.

It's blatantly obvious to me that the Republicans have no hope here. Remember 2004? The only reason Bush was elected was because the Democrats had NOBODY. 2008 is reversed. The Republicans have NOBODY. The winner of the Democratic primaries wins the election. Guaranteed.

Irvine511 said:

i
know.

either HRC or Obama would tear him to little flabby promiscuous pieces.

and as each piece hits the ground, we'll hear that Law & Order 'DUH-DUM!'

wager?

diamond said:

sure.

if i win, you need to post a picture of you kissing a man in the bathroom.

if you win, i'll post a picture of me kissing a woman in the bathroom.

and we'll all have wide stances.

phillyfan26 said:
It's blatantly obvious to me that the Republicans have no hope here. Remember 2004? The only reason Bush was elected was because the Democrats had NOBODY. 2008 is reversed. The Republicans have NOBODY. The winner of the Democratic primaries wins the election. Guaranteed.

How can you say that? For quite a while leading up to the election, Kerry was ahead of Bush! Even now, Giuliani and Clinton are basically tied. I could say that the Republican field is pretty impressive and that the Dems have NOBODY.

The Dems have 2 empty suits and a hack.

We're just deciding which of our horses has the most suitable testosterone for the ocassion.

dbs

Last edited:
phillyfan26 said:

This is true on all counts.

Come on, Hil!

2861U2 said:
How can you say that? For quite a while leading up to the election, Kerry was ahead of Bush! Even now, Giuliani and Clinton are basically tied. I could say that the Republican field is pretty impressive and that the Dems have NOBODY.

Exactly. Bush won. That shows how weak the Dems were.

Giuliani is the only viable candidate, but he's way too totalitarianist to win the election.

The Dems absolutely have people. Hilary Clinton, Barack Obama, and Dennis Kucinich, for example.

This is coming from an independent by the way.

phillyfan26 said:

Exactly. Bush won. That shows how weak the Dems were.

Giuliani is the only viable candidate, but he's way too totalitarianist to win the election.

The Dems absolutely have people. Hilary Clinton, Barack Obama, and Dennis Kucinich, for example.

This is coming from an independent by the way.

I think the people want someone who will protect them, and Giuliani can do that.

The Republicans certainly have people too. Giuliani, McCain (who is definetely the most qualified on either side), and Newt maybe. I don't think Thompson will get the nomination. He'll just add some excitement to the race and hopefully to the party.

Come on. Kucinich? I thought we were talking about people who actually had a chance at being elected.

2861U2 said:

I think the people want someone who will protect them, and Giuliani can do that.

The Republicans certainly have people too. Giuliani, McCain (who is definetely the most qualified on either side), and Newt maybe. I don't think Thompson will get the nomination. He'll just add some excitement to the race and hopefully to the party.

Come on. Kucinich? I thought we were talking about people who actually had a chance at being elected.

We are - did you see Barack and Hillary's names up there, too?

2861U2 said:

McCain is the only respectable candidate of the Republican bunch, and he's got the chances of Kucinich right now. So, yeah, nobody from the Republicans.

phillyfan26 said:

McCain is the only respectable candidate of the Republican bunch, and he's got the chances of Kucinich right now. So, yeah, nobody from the Republicans.

I'm a Republican and I must say I have no respect for any of the Republican candidates except Ron Paul. He has the balls to stand up to his own party against the genocide in Iraq and has always been against it, from the very beginning, which is something that Hillary Clinton can't claim.

Ron Paul :drool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom