October 18 - Norman, OK - Gatherings and Road Trips

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, Thanks for the info!! Had a feelng that would happen, no one ever really knows much.

The link you were looking for is in this thread, but the parking information relates to game days, it really does not mention special events.

That is true...it doesn't mention special events but does show maps of the lot's etc that I have found helpful since I've never been there.

I know, it's helpful, but still unsure of which lots will be open early in the a.m.

I guess we will just have to case the joint when we get there :lol:

so excited right now, I can't stand it!!

well there will be parking available at Lloyd Noble Center and a shuttle to take you to and from the Stadium before and after the show for $15. Or you could park in residential areas but only on one side of the street. I read in the paper that they are expecting a football like crowd, only a bit less, but the same football rules apply.

should have said this earlier...spoke with the AD Gameday ops and OU PD...all lots are open, just not manned until 11:00 right now. Every lot is different. If you park in a lot prior to 11 go to the attendant and see if the need to be paid. Some may not charge you. Got that from two sources.

What time should we expect the soundcheck? Would it be worth it to be outside the stadium early to hear it?

The Band is not doing a soundcheck tomorrow
Any and all soundchecks will be done by the crew. The band is not flying in until 45min before the show and right out after the show

I think that is pretty standard once they have a couple gigs under their belt....unless of course they have a reason to be in a given city. Their in ear monitors shouldn't have a lot of changes from venue to venue unless they ask for them on the fly. The big thing should be the front of house sound as each venue has different characteristics.

It's been cool chatting on this board. I hope everyone has a great time tomorrow night. I have a feeling. That tomorrows going to be a great night. Tomorrow is going to be a great, great night. :wave:

Just left the stadium, the claw looks awesome in this tiny place!! Definately no camping out. Security is already turning people away!! Will see ya all at 8a.m!!!

i cant believe people would really want to camp out, its gonna be a cold night tonight.

Oh well anyway, i hope everyone has a great night tonight and an even better one tomorrow.

i cant believe people would really want to camp out, its gonna be a cold night tonight.

Oh well anyway, i hope everyone has a great night tonight and an even better one tomorrow.

I agree w/ you Sir:ohmy:

LOL

@ 40 it isn't even on my radar to camp out all night long:reject:

All GA shows I have done(Three Total) I have literally walked into the Stadium/Arena AFTER about 5p.m. & had good spots all three times:up:

I just checked TM and look how many tickets have sold for Norman!

Oct 18 Norman Ok Memorial Stadium
$250 East side multiples/22
$95 East side multiples/25
$95 North side sold out
$95 South side sold out
$95 West side multiples/8
$55 GA sold out
$55 East side sold out
$55 North side sold out
$55 South side sold out
$55 Upper level sold out
$55 West side singles
$30 East side sold out
$30 North side sold out
$30 Upper level sold out
$30 West side singles

Possibly 70,000+ at this show!

Count me in as a nerd then!! :wave:

tomorrow IS going to be a great day!!

Goodnight ya'all, gotta get up early!

Tomorrow will be my first show ever. We are leaving the Wichita early and look forward to seeing you all you early birds in line tomorrow am. Good show everyone!

Any and all soundchecks will be done by the crew. The band is not flying in until 45min before the show and right out after the show

Disappointing. But I appreciate the information.

Getting up at 3:30 AM to catch a 6 AM flight out of Albuquerque to OK City - can't wait to see the Claw!! Then we fly from OK to Phoenix on Monday for Tuesday's show! Woohoo - U2 Vacation!

I have enjoyed spending the day in the GA lines and meeting all the amazing U2 fans before the show. U2 is much more than a band and as this forum attests to, the U2 fan community is like no other! This will be my 8th GA line experience since Elevation and it will also be my daughter's first, and it's on her 9th birthday too!!!

Yeah, I'm a U2 nerd!!!

on a helicopter? Are they staying in OK City? We finally got in, 12 hours from Nashville! Everyone have fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom