NYC St. Patrick's Day Thread, Part Three

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
UberBeaver said:
Here's a small sample of my mad Paint skillz. Notice the attention to detail.

fuckingmasterpeice.jpg

sweeeet! :D

snowbunny00774 said:

Hysterical :lmao: - My hair is more brown now though.

Are you sure you got the right clan tartan for Ewen in your fuckingmasterpiece?

Is that Numb being there in spirit in case he doesn't come?

:lmao:

I like how :shifty: I look, and how we're all boys on one side, girls on the other (except for Rick, of course, hmm) like a middle school dance. :drool: :love:

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:

I like how :shifty: I look, and how we're all boys on one side, girls on the other (except for Rick, of course, hmm) like a middle school dance. :drool: :love:

It's a social commentary. It explores the dichotomy of human social structures via the practice of worshiping Nationalistic figureheads. Duuurrr.

Numb symbolizes the outside world and it's inherent inability fully partake in the celebration of life. I''l leave the rest for you all to figure out.

Not knowing which clan Ewen belongs too I invented a tartan that I call Clan MacAwesome.

snowbunny00774 said:
^ lol - your instructions are almost as good as these:

nyc.jpg

I was referring to the "7" apparently. It looked like I would need to take it on the map - not that I would be walking .33 miles!!

the 7 train goes into queens... don't think you want to be taking that one.

when ya get into the times square subway station head to the signs that say 1/2/3 Downtown.

If you get the local, it's 5 stops (34th street/penn station, 28th, 23rd, 18th, 14th). if you get the express (weekdays only) it's 2 stops (34th, 14th).

head out the exit, which will say 14th & 7th. flannery's is on 14th street... almost on the corner, but not quite. the "donut pub" is in between the corner and the bar. red/crimson awning, easy to find.

as for what time the subway will be there... up until recently i didn't even realize the subways had a time schedule, i just thought they kinda came every 5-10 minutes or so. so don't ask me, i have no idea.

Headache in a Suitcase said:

the 7 train goes into queens... don't think you want to be taking that one.

But couldn't she just go the other way? The 7 makes stops in the City, no? And worse comes to worst she could visit Main St, Flushing and Shea Stadium and .... all that cool Queens stuff.

UberBeaver said:

It's a social commentary. It explores the dichotomy of human social structures via the practice of worshiping Nationalistic figureheads. Duuurrr.

Numb symbolizes the outside world and it's inherent inability fully partake in the celebration of life. I''l leave the rest for you all to figure out.

Not knowing which clan Ewen belongs too I invented a tartan that I call Clan MacAwesome.

Nice - I may have to print this off for my Sociology class. It's better than all the other diagrams in my book. :drool:

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:

Nice - I may have to print this off for my Sociology class. It's better than all the other diagrams in my book. :drool:

That would be awesome. I also give lectures, have your prof call me if s/he wants to set something up. Naturally I will need first class airfare and accomodations, but I think my lecture series is well worth it.

Headache in a Suitcase said:

times square, bryant park and grand central. just don't get out at queensbridge.

Is Queensbridge a definite no-go?

It's sorta like a hip-hop Vatican for me...I wouldn't mind taking a few pictures, but not if I'm going to lose my camera for it. :yikes:

I like the pic, Beav - especially the bagpipes Ewen has! :lol:

The ladies are looking especially fine in that one, too. :sexywink::shifty:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom