Next Album Rumours Thread V - Your Song Ruined My Life

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
there are no requirements in their contract - it's a common misconception.

the only requirement is that IF they tour or put something out Live Nation is getting all the moneys.

How do I get someone to sign a contract with me that gives me several million dollars upfront and says that IF I bother to have a job then the other party gets all the moneys?

I’m not sure. Old as they seem (mostly Bono), for a legacy rock band they’re kinda young to retire quite yet.

Live Nation deal would be shit if it didn’t conclude with a hits tour. Not an acoustic and orchestral arena hits tour. A “play the songs like they’re on the records” stadium hits tour. Putting old stuff out primes the promo pump for discussion about new material and gives them a nice lead in to the new album tour. Which if they’re smart (and we’ve established they’re not), they would run through as an arena underplay. 1-2 nights in top 5-10 markets only. Build demand. Then, come back through with the blowout Greatest Hits/Farewell stadium cash-in tour.

yea i mean who knows - i wouldn't be stunned either way. i'm not counting on anything beyond what comes next, especially with Bono. he's aged soooo much since his little ET moment with Tim Apple. from the bike crash to the random health scare that can not be discussed. it's not like jagger, springsteen or mccartney here - who are all in phenomenal shape and great health.

obviously they CAN continue, and i hope they do - but i'm already at the point where every possible tour or cycle is a bonus - specifically due to Bono's health.

Bono sure loves the idea of Surrender.

Let's not forget this gem

...or rather, let's forget that.

Bottom line, autobiography is coming out this year. I think we can put our money on Songs of Surrender getting tied into that.

it-looks-good-on-you-though-caddyshack.gif

obviously they CAN continue, and i hope they do - but i'm already at the point where every possible tour or cycle is a bonus - specifically due to Bono's health.

Completely agree. They definitely deserve to go out in a proper big way. Even if they have to build in 2-3 days off between nights, the lure of that final bow would be hard to resist. If the setlist is right (I know, I know…), the crowd will carry them all night anyway.

It's the re-interpretation album that allows them to continue to tour at all. I was initially sad about it, but they are slipping this in before the next actual new album so when they actually do tour again, they can perform the classics...in this new way. They'll play their new songs as they are on the album and for the obvious songs he can't do anymore, the key changes and tone, etc., will make it possible.

So not ideal but this is the best case scenario if you want to see them again.

It sure why people are being so dire about Bono’s performances? His health is bad, and he looks bad, but I saw one of the last shows they did (Sydney 2019) and he sounded phenomenal.

I'll say this. I'm not sure about his health. He could be perfectly healthy, after having a scare of some sort, but is fine now. He aged pretty drastically after 2015 in his face/hair, but may not reflect actual health. I mean Mick has looked like a old catchers mit for a couple decades.

Performance wise, I don't think his voice is gone or he's gonna sit in a chair like Phil Collins. But if you watch the 2015 show in Paris, and then the 2019 show in Berlin... It was hard to put my finger on it, but something was missing. His voice sounded great.

It could have something to do with the way it was shot. Berlin seemed to be much tighter filming. And I definitely was put off by the stupid top hat/ringmaster deal. It's like those round glasses and the hat is like him asking - How can I look older? Please bring me a top hat and round glasses.

Bono obviously has put on many personas over the years. This one was not great IMO. So that actually bodes well to me. Get rid of some of those elements and just be Bono, with some new glasses, no funny hat and someone with some skill for his hair and bam, back in business.

I think it was smart for them to hold off on touring. Seriously EVERY single person who has ever sung a song is on tour right now or this summer. I'm half expecting my mom to call up and tell me she's booked a tour.

I did forget about the continued supply issues and limited capacity in vinyl pressing plants, meaning that a November release may just be because they couldn't get any records pressed before then.

Since when do they care about vinyl?
::looks at last 3 fanclub gifts::

I'll say this. I'm not sure about his health. He could be perfectly healthy, after having a scare of some sort, but is fine now. He aged pretty drastically after 2015 in his face/hair, but may not reflect actual health. I mean Mick has looked like a old catchers mit for a couple decades.

Mick is also still skinny as a rail, and still runs several miles every day to stay in shape.
Boni only runs to the craft services table.

It could have something to do with the way it was shot. Berlin seemed to be much tighter filming. And I definitely was put off by the stupid top hat/ringmaster deal. It's like those round glasses and the hat is like him asking - How can I look older? Please bring me a top hat and round glasses.

Not so much Mr. Macphisto as Mr. Peanut, perhaps?

Also, the lines on his face are a map to his soul. He's just stopped seeing beauty, okay?! Give him a break!

i wanna thank my chef for that 500 pounds
i wanna thank larry's chef for 500 pounds
the edge's chef and sous chef for 500 pounds
adam clayton's cooks for 500 pounds
and by now... you've probably all gained about 500 pounds each, too. so thank you!

This is a song of surrender. It’s the sound of a band - this band - fighting for its life. It changed things for us. Tonight, maybe it’ll change something for you.

This is Ton.

Last edited:
to be fair without them this place would be, like, 2 people drooling over floppy moob pics in pleba and the football pick'em thread and not much else.

oh god I forgot about pleba

I’m sure nowadays it’s teeming with sexy photos of Pau£ M¢Guinn€$$

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom