New Radio Station

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lemonator

The Fly
In my hometown of Calgary Alberta, we've got a radio station that recently changed formats. For their initial promotion, they are playing rock's greatest albums. Yesterday, while I was on my daily adventures, they played the entire Joshua Tree album. It was great to hear the less popular tracks such as Exit, Trip Through Your Wires and Mother's of the Disapeared on mainstream radio.

Yeah, I agree! Enjoy it while it's around!

I, on the other hand, am currently sifting through material for my U2 WEEK on Excess Radio, (an online station, on which I DJ:) ) I'm going to be playing loads of rare tracks, demos, live stuff, b-sides, a's. You name it! More on that when I have more infomation worth telling people....and not meaning to put down your local station, but I'm hoping to go one up on their Joshua Tree idea, by playing the expanded version with all the B-sides etc...great listening..

Last edited:
I know someone that works in Admissions for the college I go to and she's also a volunteer DJ for a local public radio station. They play really good stuff and there's NEVER commercials. She often plays entire U2 albums at a time. :up:

Yesterday a good radio station on Long Island had a promo that said they were about to play 40 minutes of music, including "U2, No Doubt" and plenty of other bands.
You would think U2 would have been first after the commercial, but they played "It's My Life" instead. That was fine. Then they played R.E.M. That was fine too. But then...The Band Who Cannot Be Named on Interference!!! ("With Eyes Wide Open") So much for hearing U2 before class!

We have a Radio Station here in DC (104.1) that plays the U2 @ 2 which you can call in to request any song. Doesn't matter if it was a single or not and they'll play it. They also play at least 7 or 8 different U2 songs from I will Follow to Until the End of the World and Grace a day.

*editted to add* AS I was writing this Sweetest Thing came on the radio LOL

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom