New Album title TBC on BBC Radio 1 Tonite

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
At this point, I've moved on from the title and onto the artwork.

Where is the album cover???
Might be weeks before it's revealed..... ugh sick of waiting.

U2dork said:
So, is that offical?

I'd like to know if its official too.
Not a bad title, I guess. I think it'll grow on me after awhile.
I still think they should have went back to the 2 word titles like so many other people have been saying. I'm sorry, but nothing beats Achtung Baby!

BREAKING NEWS:

The album has indeed been given a title and this is the first time the OFFICIAL title is being revealed:

"Here's The Damn Album Already BITCHES!"

U2dork said:
So, is that official?

edit: I can't spell...

Unless, Radio One are known flubbers, I would think this is it. As "official" as it would seem to go without an announcement from U2 themselves. I'd take this as news any day over some smaller unknown radio station making this claim.

It's on U2.com? I'm shocked! I guess someone who works on the site listens to Radio one.

Oh, wait! "U2.com can exclusively reveal...". Well, I guess that's different then.

after dude mentioned the new album title, did he talk about the album at all? Any descriptions?

Big whoop. I already was 95% sure that's what the title was gonna be.

I'm not too sure if I'm really happy about how they're describing the album. No effects or distortions AT ALL? Honestly, Boy-War weren't U2's best albums. I was hoping for more of a AB meets ATYCLB feel. I really hope the style isn't like Boy...

shart1780 said:
Big whoop. I already was 95% sure that's what the title was gonna be.

I'm not too sure if I'm really happy about how they're describing the album. No effects or distortions AT ALL? Honestly, Boy-War weren't U2's best albums. I was hoping for more of a AB meets ATYCLB feel. I really hope the style isn't like Boy...

Hehe- I can see the anticipation for the album after this..

"Hope it sounds like Achtung Baby + HTDAAB!"

I'm pretty sure there will be some effects.. this is Edge after all. The vocal and guitar effects on Miracle Drug alone sound like hearing a psychadelic lucid-dream state.

elfyx said:
but is it with a question mark? <- like this

It is not being stated as a question. The cd is being offered as a solution. Kind of like picking up a "How to... for Dummies." The answer is inside my friends. :wink:

Oh my god! I'm so excited. I'm gonna record the broadcast tonite of the DJ saying the album name. Then listen to it over, and over. If anyone wants a copy, I'll gladly send a CDR. I'm so excited! I just know I'm gonna flip when I hear the ALBUM TITLE! :|

White Wizard said:
Zane: the album is: 'Incredible, astounding, we will certainly be supporting it'.

As much as this is a promising description of the album, I find that Zane Lowe raves about pretty much everyone and everything and I have stopped listening to anything he says. Don't mean to bring the place down, sorry.:shrug:

I agree. It wouldn't be an 'Edge album' (and this guy seems to think it is, too) if there weren't effects. Edge is all about experimenting with guitar sounds and creating textures. I'm guessing what he means is that it's not as over-produced as previous U2 albums, it's got more of a raw feel. And that's not a bad thing at all.

Of course, we may know the title, but we're all still all pretty much guessing in the dark.

Back
Top Bottom