New Album Discussion 9 - Larry needs new arms, ba rum pa pum pum

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Let's say they feasibly could be releasing a song from each band member's disc. I think Adam, we could easily say it's going to be ISHFWHILF or Vertigo, but the Larry one I can't pin down (much like the man himself). My best guess is COBL or Stuck in a Moment, but ya' know with the way this band picks singles in the past 15 years or so, we could be looking at another GOOYOW push nobody asked for.

The WOWY clip sounds way more promising than pride. Although, I dislike Bono using his lower register for most of the song.

Weird how only that one particular clip is available to preview on iTunes. Does this mean new song reveal tomorrow?

Last edited:
I went to iTunes. I'm now listening to it. I have heard it.

Listened to the preview. So I am one that is nervous about them sort of having Bono sing quietly in a low register for almost all these songs and have it get old. But on WOWY, this feels right. His voice is low and loose, almost defeated sounding which fits the song, and liking the background musical choices here too.

Pride I'm giving a 6. This one could be up a few notches from that for me, unless it takes a nasty or cheesy turn.

We thinking a next Friday release?

Listened to the preview. So I am one that is nervous about them sort of having Bono sing quietly in a low register for almost all these songs and have it get old. But on WOWY, this feels right. His voice is low and loose, almost defeated sounding which fits the song, and liking the background musical choices here too.

Pride I'm giving a 6. This one could be up a few notches from that for me, unless it takes a nasty or cheesy turn.

We thinking a next Friday release?

Where can I hear WOWY clip?

There's only one register they care about

cha-ching-money.gif

Go back to the clips I uploaded - the lower register is not in every song - it’s on some songs, but there is a good balance

Yeah, I know there are some that are not. BD is not exactly that. But sort of a mellow version of the song.
If they release WOWY next, I would hope the third song would be one that is away from the style of the first two to give a little better idea of what's in store.

The last however many years have been a bit of a blur (I can't remember how his voice was faring on the E&I tour), but I think it's clear he's adjusted/learned how to get the best out of his current vocal range/capabilities. Seeing him on the book tour last year, he's not sounded that good and strong in a long time.

Last edited:
I feel like it's gotten quieter around here since the release announcement...I feel everyone should have at least been back to things like "The Miracle Whip (of Joey Ramone)" by now.

Back
Top Bottom