New Album Discussion 10 - Songs of Sir, this is a Wendy's, durr

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok. Seriously. Where is the leak? I try to be a good citizen. I pay my taxes. I push my shopping carts back where they belong when I'm done using them. Now, for some reason, I have to wait another whole day to listen just like the unwashed masses? I need to speak to a supervisor.

They are great on the album too. Do you fuckers even like this band? Come on kids. Let's get our shit together.

I am going to be pedantic. Edge didn't say that either version were better, he said they were more iconic.

When I think EBW, I think the single version. When I think SATS, I think the album version. I would bet most people do as well.

They are great on the album too. Do you fuckers even like this band? Come on kids. Let's get our shit together.
I called them final forms because those will be the only forms they'll be played live from now on. I love this band. There's nothing cool about loving U2 anymore. I don't do it for the prestige. When I tell people they're my favorite band, I get looks of sympathy. All that is to say, Edge is right.

I haven't experienced this feeling since two days before Pop. At least I have the clips, which is more than I had then. Thanks a lot, internet. For nothing.

My Mom went with me to get POP album at midnight. At a place called strawberries Boston music store. I was too old for my mom to go with me.

I stayed up for 2 hours listening to it. Oh my AWIA stereo. Magic.

My Mom went with me to get POP album at midnight. At a place called strawberries Boston music store. I was too old for my mom to go with me.

I remember downloading the POP album over dial up. I believe it took 16 hours. My mom story is her driving me to Tower Records to pick up Rattle and Hum. Also, holy hell AWIA stereo...that is a blast from the past!!

I got mine at Sam Goody with a very temporary girlfriend. But we drove around for like 4 hours after midnight listening to it. She probably knew it was no Achtung, although I insisted it was. We broke up literally right after the Popmart concert in my city because as Bono sang I literally had an epiphany she was cheating on me with a guy that was also there and caught one of Bono's signed beach balls. It occurs to me only now why I have a lot of hang ups with Pop.

Borders Books in Commack, Long Island. I was 16, so yea - I forced mom and dad to take me and listened to it on my fancy shmancy Disc Man.

I am going to be pedantic. Edge didn't say that either version were better, he said they were more iconic.

When I think EBW, I think the single version. When I think SATS, I think the album version. I would bet most people do as well.

Yep, correct me if I'm wrong, but U2 have only played the stripped down version of EBW live. Never the album version.

In 10 minutes, anyone who has a VPN can probably start listening to it via New Zealand.

Listened to Song for Someone, If God Will Send His Angels, The Fly, Invisible so far - all are excellent. The Fly will be more of a grower.

Listened to Song for Someone, If God Will Send His Angels, The Fly, Invisible so far - all are excellent. The Fly will be more of a grower.
Oh there we go. Yep that works and this will suffice since I won't be able to listen this weekend.

Electrical Storm is an excellent chill version. Nothing really new or special but it's enjoyable. Guessing that will be a common theme.

Just listened to Streets - one of the best and most iconic songs in U2's catalogue, with that incredible riff.

A little disappointed to be honest. I wish they could have incorporated the riff into it somehow, whether it was acoustic guitar, piano, cello, whatever. It's an ambient track with a droning synth and Bono's vocal, and that's it.

It does seem like the more disappointing tracks are their biggest hits - Streets, One and WOWY all a little underwhelming.

Just listened to Streets - one of the best and most iconic songs in U2's catalogue, with that incredible riff.

A little disappointed to be honest. I wish they could have incorporated the riff into it somehow, whether it was acoustic guitar, piano, cello, whatever. It's an ambient track with a droning synth and Bono's vocal, and that's it.

It does seem like the more disappointing tracks are their biggest hits - Streets, One and WOWY all a little underwhelming.

I really warmed to One, but yeah, this is on point

Back
Top Bottom