National Hockey League 2011-2012

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:lol:

Are we ahead of you yet? It is all I have left to hope for at this point. :wink:

No. You should hope that they finish ahead of Montreal. Higher draft pick.

The last game of the season should be interesting, as both teams might have a chance to finish 29th, thereby having the second best chance to get the first overall pick and a guaranteed top 5 pick.

Yeah, I'd be fine with that. Take away his on-air persona, which is grating for many, McGuire is a native Montrealer, grew up a Habs fan, is passionate and enthusiastic about hockey, is as knowledgeable as anyone on the sport, and is well plugged in with hockey's movers and shakers.

And, don't forget, he coached and was asst. GM in Hartford and Pittsburgh, winning Stanley Cups there. So it's not like he doesn't have administrative experience.

I dunno, to me that sounds like Montreal is starting up a zoo to match Toronto's world class zoo.

But hey, a zoo is always better than a graveyard, right?

Panthers are a roller coaster ride. One night it's a secured playoff spot, the next it's an inevitable loss of the 3rd seed.

We can beat teams like Philadelphia and Pittsburgh but we can't beat teams like Edmonton and Columbus. Shame, if they don't make the playoffs or lose the division seed, it wont be because of 16+OTLs, it'll be because of this stupid stretch at the end of the season where they couldn't beat the two worst teams in the league.

Briere's out indefinitely after that hit at the end. Bylsma is such an asshat. Crosby is a whiny bitch. Malkin is a fucking shithead.

You guys know me, I am usually very objective about opposing teams, even rivals (I often hate the Eagles more than the Giants or Cowboys). So I think I'm being pretty objective when I say that the Pens are the worst.

What wasn't legit was putting out the fourth line to go head hunting in a 6-3 game. All because Brayden Schenn cross-checked Sidney Crosby? Apparently the entire city of Pittsburgh forgot that Malkin slammed Claude Giroux's head into the ice after a hit earlier in that same game.

Seeing Lavy call them out on their shit was awesome.

The Florida Panthers are going to the playoffs!!!!!!

The team I've been watching since I was 9 years old!! I've never seen a playoff game in my life! TEN years! TEN YEARS!

Thank you Philadelphia! My incompetent team probably wouldn't have done it by themselves! WOOOOO!!

The Habs clinched 28th! That means they have an excellent chance of getting a Top 3 pick in the lottery, which will be most welcome moving forward. I hope they don't fuck it up.

At least I got the playoff match-up I wanted. That Pens-Flyers series is going to be insane (I hope), and a treat to watch.

And, Peef, you'll love this: last night Tortorella was the second coach in as many days to refer to the Penguins' "two whiny stars". I couldn't agree more with them.

BoMac said:
The Habs clinched 28th! That means they have an excellent chance of getting a Top 3 pick in the lottery, which will be most welcome moving forward. I hope they don't fuck it up.

At least I got the playoff match-up I wanted. That Pens-Flyers series is going to be insane (I hope), and a treat to watch.

And, Peef, you'll love this: last night Tortorella was the second coach in as many days to refer to the Penguins' "two whiny stars". I couldn't agree more with them.

Saw it. Loved it.

I live in the best place for a Flyers-Pens. A town split between Philly and Pittsburgh people.

Tomorrow the Panthers have the Hurricanes and if they can snap their 5 game slide or at least lose in OT, they clinch the division.

I expect them to slaughter the Canes.

Fun little tidbit though. The Florida Panthers in 1996 waited until game 80 to clinch a playoff spot, even though they should've clinched that season much earlier but ended up sliding at the very end. Even when clinching the playoff spot, home ice advantage was not secured.

On the 80th game, the Florida Panthers lost to the Tampa Bay Lightning. However, with the Flyers defeat over the Devils, the Panthers secured the playoff spot.

Sounds like history is repeating itself? That'd be so awesome!

What a mad last day of the regular season. I've been up since 3am since the Wings/Hawks game, fantastic way to spend an easter sunday!

Looks like Sammy Pahlsson has given the Canucks some insurance for top spot :hyper:

President's Trophy winners for the 2nd year in a row! :up:

I wasn't excited about the playoffs, but after watching the game tonight, I'm incredibly stoked. But now we wait to find out who the Canucks will face...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom