More Europe dates in 2011, album out in late 2010

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
would the fans be content with the boys doing material from the new album just for 1 year? I know they've played some material from the new album already but shouldn't a new album extend the 360 tour in 2012?

That would be REALLY stretching. They've been touring for three solid years now.

They've not been three solid years. More like three partial years
2009 - end June - end October = 4 months
2010 - early August - early October then late Nov - mid Dec = 3 months
2011 - 1 week South Africa, 3 weeks South America, May-July North America = 4 months

So really its not even been a year of solid touring :) Only 7 months of tour-time so far with another 4 announced. Plenty of room for more!

I felt they were just getting comfortable with the 360 stage late last year, and that they still have so much potential to showcase different and new songs on it. If they keep having breaks to provide quality family time and to recharge the batteries then why not carry on into 2012? Especially if the demand is there following the new album.

i don't know the point of putting out a new album unless you're going to play it live for the fans. It's not like U2 sells a lot of CD's or downloads like Lady Gaga or Taylor Swift. U2 makes their money doing monster tours. A lot of markets haven't seen U2 since 2009 so 2012 wouldn't be a stretch. That'd be 3 years between shows. The demand would be there.

would the fans be content with the boys doing material from the new album just for 1 year?
yeah, but look at the short live history that some other songs have had for U2 lately:

Window In The Skies
The Saints Are Coming
Electrical Storm
Your Blue Room

Those first 3 aren't random album tracks, they're actual singles that got radio airtime. YBR got some brief radio time too. But if you missed those songs live you're out of luck, because it looks like they're not coming back.

shouldn't a new album extend the 360 tour in 2012?
well, that'd be fine with me, especially since touring is no longer a year-round life-consuming process that it used to be for the band

well, that'd be fine with me, especially since touring is no longer a year-round life-consuming process that it used to be for the band

Yes, but at what point does the CLAW become the scary, traveling carnival ride that you wouldn't let your kids ride?

"Ahhhh, I think we lost those bolts somewhere back in Perth. No biggie though, she's fine," says the 3-toothed carny.

:D

Not sure if this is good news, bad news or indifferent to U2 headlining or not?

Coldplay To Play Glastonbury Festival 2011 | Gigwise

I wouldn't trust a site that doesn't even get the dates right..
The band, who have been strongly rumoured to appear, will top the bill on the Saturday of the event, which runs from June 22-24.

There is no Saturday in those^^ dates :lol: Glastonbury runs from 24-26 of June and Saturday is the 25th.

How would U2 work this out if any of the rumours were true??
They play Baltimore on the 22nd so they would have to play on the 24th then, since they have a gig in the USA on the 26th.

All seems very close to me...

I think the band sees this 360 stage as their best way to hold a stadium concert hands down. so I wouldn't be surprised if they extended this thing longer. It would be unimaginable if they release this new album nd it's a hit so they book some Europe shows see how they sell if they do then they expand it even more.

This is their last big stadium tour is my humble opinion. And their not going away anytime soon.

I think the band sees this 360 stage as their best way to hold a stadium concert hands down. so I wouldn't be surprised if they extended this thing longer. It would be unimaginable if they release this new album nd it's a hit so they book some Europe shows see how they sell if they do then they expand it even more.

This is their last big stadium tour is my humble opinion. And their not going away anytime soon.

I doubt that very much since the have signed a 15 year agreement with Live Nation! Live Nation will want $$$$$$$ that means more stadium shows

God I hope the tour doesn't keep going into 2012.

There is no Saturday in those^^ dates :lol: Glastonbury runs from 24-26 of June and Saturday is the 25th.

How would U2 work this out if any of the rumours were true??
They play Baltimore on the 22nd so they would have to play on the 24th then, since they have a gig in the USA on the 26th.

All seems very close to me...

U2 have always been rumoured to headline the 24th - it's the only truly feasible date. While they could do the 25th, it'd be a rush job; the 24th would be easy.

What happened to the link to the tour presale page on u2.com? It's gone. The page still exists, but they've removed the links to it.

Is that good news or bad news or no news?
(big announcement coming up or no more announcements or just a website error?)

One of U2.com's coding baboons ate it since bananas are now too expensive after Cyclone Yasi.

Yes, but at what point does the CLAW become the scary, traveling carnival ride that you wouldn't let your kids ride?

"Ahhhh, I think we lost those bolts somewhere back in Perth. No biggie though, she's fine," says the 3-toothed carny.

:D

:hi5:

Esta información alimenta los rumores sobre un posible nuevo tramo europeo de la gira, incluso en el foro de Interference.com se especula con posibles fechas:

They're saying that WE are speculating on these dates. :wink:

August 12, 2011 - Bucharest, Lia Manoliu Arena
August 16, 2011 - Kiev, NSK Stadium
August 20, 2011 - Gdansk, Baltic Stadium
August 22, 2011 - Paris, France at Stade De France
August 25, 2011 - Amsterdam, Netherlands at Amsterdam Arena
August 26, 2011 - Amsterdam, Netherlands at Amsterdam Arena
September 3, 2011 - Belfast, Northern Ireland at Casement Park
September 6, 2011 - Edinburgh, Scotland at Murrayfield
September 9, 2011 - London, England at Wembley Stadium
September 10, 2011 - London, England at Wembley Stadium
September 12, 2011 - London, England at Wembley Stadium
September 13, 2011 - London, England at Wembley Stadium
September 16, 2011 - Dublin, Ireland at AVIVA Stadium
September 17, 2011 - Dublin, Ireland at AVIVA Stadium
September 19, 2011 - Dublin, Ireland at AVIVA Stadium

There you go. This rumour lark is easy:lol:

There we go. :wink: This is what they're quoting.

What happened to the link to the tour presale page on u2.com? It's gone. The page still exists, but they've removed the links to it.

Is that good news or bad news or no news?
(big announcement coming up or no more announcements or just a website error?)

One of U2.com's coding baboons ate it since bananas are now too expensive after Cyclone Yasi.

hmm, the presale page just got wiped clean

still not sure if that's a sign of a new announcement or the end of announcements

www.u2.com/tour/presale

With regard to the presale page being cleaned out. Maybe they'll rename the tour a bit - like how Zoo TV became Zoo TV Outside Broadcast became Zooropa became Zoomerang.

If they are up for another go-around then how about U2 360 Redux?

Back
Top Bottom