More Europe dates in 2011, album out in late 2010

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Outdoors anywhere in Western Europe in October surely is a no-no? I think people are putting 2+2 together. My guess is the dates will be announced in October.
If they want to end the tour in Dublin you are probably looking at a mini tour from say mid august - late september at the latest, about 6 weeks. Given the scheduling of the dates thats possibly 12 cities max.

The Police played Croke Park in Dublin on 6th October 2007. A friend of mine was there and said it was damned cold that night!

It wasn't warm in July last year !

Are you kidding? I friggin' got SUNBURNT in Ireland last July! :lol: The 2nd day I thought it was gonna rain again and instead if was intense sun 25C without a cloud in the sky. I was number 333 until 2 weeks after that concert because the letters were burned in my skin(black marker was the only part of my skin not burnt).

:wink: Believe me, for Irish measures the weather last year was great. In October, however, it will most likely be a lot less great.

It wasn't warm in July last year !

I was wearing a light sweater, jeans and a coat. So yeah, for me coming from the southeastern US, it wasn't warm at all, but I know people who were sunburned from waiting in the GA line. I didn't do GA last yr in Dublin, I was in the seats so the sun or rain didn't bother me. In fact I had no idea it was raining night 2 because I was in the covered sections. Nice and sheltered.

How were the ticket sales for that show?

As someone else said, it was an 81k+ sellout for The Police in 2007. Generally concerts at the venue do sell out, although due to stage configurations etc the definition of what a 'sellout' is can vary. (A notable exception is Billy Joel in 2006, who played to a half-empty stadium. There were still 47k or so people there but it looks bad considering the place is so huge.)

For what it's worth, U2 aren't the only people who perform at Croke Park, but they do seem to be the only act to encounter negative press attention when they go there. I do hope that they play somewhere else in Dublin next time though. Atmosphere in Croke is always amazing but the sound just isn't. Also, on 25th July last year, it was a pleasant day but it rained during part of the concert and - as someone stupid enough to go to the gig with only my 'U2 Go Home' t-shirt as protection - I didn't feel that warm at times!

hopefully the european tour with a beautiful weather all countries, including in the Netherlands :applaud:

I'd love to see the album by the end of this year, but I think they release it in May 2011, right before their American tour. Maybe they put out an EP of 4 or 5 songs later this year.

I'd love to see the album by the end of this year, but I think they release it in May 2011, right before their American tour. Maybe they put out an EP of 4 or 5 songs later this year.

Xmas has been very profitable for u2 albums and releases.

I think it'll be a release like GAGA/Coldplay where it's a deluxe edition of the new album with bonus disc that's also available seperately. It'll goose sales of Horizon as well.

Xmas has been very profitable for u2 albums and releases.

I think it'll be a release like GAGA/Coldplay where it's a deluxe edition of the new album with bonus disc that's also available seperately. It'll goose sales of Horizon as well.

Doubt it, since NLOTH already had deluxe versions at the time of release.

We'll see something before the US dates, but a Christmas release is looking very unlikely.

we would pretty much need a new single to be dropped by the end of this month for there to be any hope of a new album. i still wouldn't rule out an EP, but that's looking unlikely as well.

I don't know... U2 seem to be changing up their game plan this year: playing unreleased songs. So maybe they'll do like Radiohead and announce it only a few weeks before the release.

More likely we will get a 3 week 'last hurrah' in Holland, England, Ireland
actually play

That would be something. If it gets this far, I hope Amsterdam will be skipped in favor of the Rotterdam stadium..
There's a problem however, football season will have started by then. Schedules will be tight......
We'll see about a possible round up in Europe next year... One thing's for sure.. I'll be present at one of the shows..

Here's en excerpt from Willie's diaries on load-in day before the Athens show earlier this month...

Production manager Jake is away today, off advancing some stadiums for shows next year.

Could we take this as a hint for a 360 round up in Europe next year?? I mean, American stadiums can't be referred to since the American schedule for 2011 is set in stone...

My guess is it's the rumored Ireland/UK closing shows. But who says the US dates are set in stone? I would say all shows in MLB parks have been lined up already, but NFL stadiums could still be lined up.

Speaking to a Polish guy at work today and he tells me the new Baltic Stadium in Gdansk should be finished next spring, capacity about 44k. Would be a fine choice for a show next summer

Back
Top Bottom