Minneapolis Setlist Watch and Party, Part IV - CRUMBS FROM YOUR TABLE!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
PurpleSeven said:

You think it brought tears to your eyes??!! I am typing this on an iBook that I want to frame - I keep closing the lid and making sure it is all real!

I :heart: your ibook now - the story that goes along with it is great

Well, thanks for the great par-tay! Pretty sweet. I now will choose between watching a U2 dvd or 'The Office' tv show (British one). Both are :drool:

Well i better sleep ...waaaaaaaaaaaaay past my bedtime ..then again this was a special evening...and tis the weekend...YAY!
Been fun everyone....see you all on Sunday :heart:...

:wave: to all of you leaving.

And WOW PurpleSeven, just read your blog story!!
Awesome that you got to meet the Edge, Bono and Adam + that they signed your ibook!!
I :heart: it!!
:applaud:

PurpleSeven said:

You think it brought tears to your eyes??!! I am typing this on an iBook that I want to frame - I keep closing the lid and making sure it is all real!

you need to get some sort of plastic covering for it to keep those signatures from getting scratched up!!

anyway I'm totally not jealous because all FOUR members of U2 signed my iPod...:wink:

U2Man said:

Don't know :( Hope he's alright.....

:(

I just looked him up and he hasn't posted since the 29th of August. But in his last post, he said his girl was back, so that's very good to hear.

Just got back from the show. Absolutely amazing. The boys definately felt the energy coming from the arena. During ISHFWILF, Bono started to sing, then smiled as the crowd overwhelmed his voice and he stepped back and let us take over for the first and second verse.

During Sometimes, you could tell he was really feeling it. His voice cracked a few times, and he had to turn away at the end to maybe compose himself a bit.

The were ON FIRE for Electric Co! Edge was following Bono around the platform and just wailing on his guitar.

They didn't know Wild Horses very well. Bono had to shout out "Middle Eight" to Larry or Adam to get the bridge in the right place and then signaled the end of the song. But it was a very cool rendition (perhaps they've played it this way all tour, but I personally hadn't heard it this way before). Edge played it acoustic but it was still full band. Very good.

The First Time was alright; but the crowd wasn't feeling it much. Bono was trying to get us to sing along, but the acoustics in the Target Center are so bad we couldn't really tell what he wanted us to do.

Funny during WOWY, Bono brought some chick on stage and cuddled with her, but I got the distinct impression she was definately there with a U2 fan and not much of one herself. She looked rather uncomfortable up there.

Crumbs ROCKED! I personally almost flipped out and scared some poor kid next to me. To know you're the first in the entire world to hear those opening notes, it was incredible.

And then a thrid encore?!?!? Sure it was Vertigo again, but just to get a third encore was incredible!

All in all it was the single best U2 I've been to. Perhaps the band weren't in top musical form, but they were certainly Feeling Minnesota!!!

ps, and I was at Chicago IV too :)

AtomicBono said:

you need to get some sort of plastic covering for it to keep those signatures from getting scratched up!!

anyway I'm totally not jealous because all FOUR members of U2 signed my iPod...:wink:

I think this might just be the best reason to purchase a new laptop - that will be the only way to protect it...:wink: !!

Axver said:

:(

I just looked him up and he hasn't posted since the 29th of August. But in his last post, he said his girl was back, so that's very good to hear.

Thanks for posting that Axver.
I've been wondering about Zwervers.

Thanks for the post, Snowlock! They did WGRYWH full band in Boston and the times it was done on the second leg, but in Chicago, Edge was on an acoustic. I like how they're willing to try stuff now even if they feel under-prepared.

Can't wait for a bootleg of this show! :drool:

Snowlock said:

Funny during WOWY, Bono brought some chick on stage and cuddled with her, but I got the distinct impression she was definately there with a U2 fan and not much of one herself. She looked rather uncomfortable up there.

:lol: that's funny. I dunno, if I were her, I'd become a U2 fan real fast if Bono pulled me up on stage... :drool:

thanks for the review, sounds great!!

I was at The Mars Volta/System Of A Down show in St.Paul, but I tried to win tickets. BULLET THE BLUE SKY kinda hurts..and I've never seen U2, but I am hoping they comeback and I'll not miss them again and have a concert-conflict. I was actually going to try and see The Mars Volta and then head over to U2 after that at Target Center, but I was unable to win tickets at "The Local" from Cities 97's contest at 6:30.

Kyle

My last post here for tonight.
Thanks everyone for another GREAT setlist partay!!
I must admit though that I'm having so much trouble keeping up and am always pages behind.
Not like that is anything new (same thing happened during the European parties).
It's all U2's fault.
How dare they change up the setlist so much!
It has to stop. :wink:

Seriously though, I :applaud: them.
A big :up:
I :heart: it!!

Although I can't make up my mind about the encores.
I like both the songs for a rocky encore (Zoostation or Discotheque and The Fly) and a slower encore (WOWY with another song).
The last two encores fit better with WOWY (better than the Fly ---> WOWY).
Together with ABOY, WOWY has been in all the encores for the third leg.
So I guess those two are here to stay.
I'm very curious to see if and how things will settle down further down the road of the 3rd leg.
Can't wait to see what Sunday will bring us!

SOAD were good..i was impressed overall, except the fact they continually blared flash-burning lights in my face intermittently.

But sound-wise they were as good as the albums and very energetic. I felt like I was at a Power Metal show at times.
The guitarist went into a Neil Young song even HEY HEY, MY MY I believe it was. XCel is a lot better than Target Center (aside from allowing smoking in my case since I don't smoke). U2 ought to play there, or actually it would have been good for them to do a 2nd night tomorrow. Although Queensryche and Kaki King are both tomorrow night as well, lol.

Kyle

Last edited:
:hyper:

Tonight's show kicked ass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The premire of CRUMBS :drool: I didn't read a lot of the threads for tonight but I saw a few :| smilies in regards to Vertigo #2....THAT WAS EXTRA! We have a setlist and Yahweh was the last song on the setlist. Larry walked off the stage and the rest of the band stayed on. Edge went to grab a bass and Adam had a guitar. All set to play 40. When Larry came back up Edge and Adam switched and Vertigo #2 started. Totally unexpected since most people thought the concert was over.

This post is courtesy of ARW, Kariann, Schmeg, Eep, and Stories for Boys (aka The Party Girl) who are all huddled around ARW's computer right now :sexywink:

HOLY SHIT! A link to an MP3 of Crumbs has been posted on the audio/video forum and it sounds AMAZING! :drool: :drool: :drool:

WHY IS THIS NOT A STAPLE?

arw9797 said:
:hyper:

Tonight's show kicked ass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The premire of CRUMBS :drool: I didn't read a lot of the threads for tonight but I saw a few :| smilies in regards to Vertigo #2....THAT WAS EXTRA! We have a setlist and Yahweh was the last song on the setlist. Larry walked off the stage and the rest of the band stayed on. Edge went to grab a bass and Adam had a guitar. All set to play 40. When Larry came back up Edge and Adam switched and Vertigo #2 started. Totally unexpected since most people thought the concert was over.

This post is courtesy of ARW, Kariann, Schmeg, Eep, and Stories for Boys (aka The Party Girl) who are all huddled around ARW's computer right now :sexywink:

:wave: to all. Get some sleep, LOL.

<off to bed :wave:

Oh goodness, Crumbs is absolutely amazing. :drool:

I can't stop listening.

Axver said:
Oh goodness, Crumbs is absolutely amazing. :drool:

I can't stop listening.

You're not kidding :nerd:

crumbs2en.png

Please make a phone post expressing your thoughts on the performance. :hyper:

Queen Bee said:
Please make a phone post expressing your thoughts on the performance. :hyper:

I have something coming up on my LJ sometime in the next five hours that you'll enjoy even more than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom