MERGED --> Tour Dates [wow!] + European tour dates leaked

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sorry, but with coverage this bad, even if U2 does a big third leg in North America there's no way they'll end up meeting the demand.

This sucks. This sucks big time.

13 cities!!!!1 WTF!11!!

"You must have joined U2.Com by Monday evening 24th January to gain access to the Internet ticket pre-sale, which will cover the bands first North American leg and the European leg of the 2005 tour. "

if your membership is good for a full year, you will have another access code for the next pre-sale, which will be announced when they announce the third tour, sometime later in the summer.

and MrBrau... you're living in Keene, NH now??? what happened to plesantville?

MrBrau1 said:

I could. Albany and Hartford are much more convient. Plus, less shows in an area mean more competition for floor seats.

Trust me I know. Hell, I'm in Dallas. I'm looking at a 3 hour plane ride in either direction.

ImOuttaControl said:

That's not the issue. The issue is whether or not we've been ripped of for $40 when there aren't even shows avaliable to go to within a reasonable distance.

But there will be more dates added after the European tour... The membership will still be valid in the Fall. Maybe it will be the same password, maybe it won't... Maybe I'm being dense right now but I don't understand what you're upset about...:confused:

MrBrau1 said:

Anyone see the fraud in this? In order to get the $40 password, you have to join the site BEFORE they announce the dates were the password will be valid. Then they go and play 13 cities in NA. Buyer beware. I really hope I'm wrong.

I'm not sure if it would be fraud, but it's definitely misleading--in which case you would be able to dispute the charge with your credit card company and most likely get the money back.

Techie2000 said:
That'd be great, except I'm going to be in an entirely different geographic location and have almost no cash due to tuition and room & board for college.It's pretty much either they put a date up at my venue for this leg, or I'm not seeing them until sometime after 2008 when I am employed...

That's exactly my problem.

Either a first leg Montreal or Toronto date gets added or I don't see them. It feels like my heart has been torn out, and my eyes are watering up, and i'm already pissed off unimaginably because the fucking Patriots won, and we got 2 feet of snow...grr

worst. day. ever.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
the membership is good for one full year... the membership entitiles you to the presale... this access code they gave you is for this leg's presale... common sense would tell you they'd have a different access code for the third leg, when the third leg is announced.

here i am defending the $40 membership fee to u2.com and i didn't even pay it, 'cause i thought it was a rip off all along :shrug: go figure.

You may be right. But none of it is certain, except the fact that U2.com have my $40, on the promise of priority ticketing. If my password is only good for leg 1 in NA, and this is it for dates, it sucks for ALOT of people.

U2dork said:

But there will be more dates added after the European tour... The membership will still be valid in the Fall. Maybe it will be the same password, maybe it won't... Maybe I'm being dense right now but I don't understand what you're upset about...:confused:

"You must have joined U2.Com by Monday evening 24th January to gain access to the Internet ticket pre-sale, which will cover the bands first North American leg and the European leg of the 2005 tour. "

Notice the "first North American leg and the European leg of the 2005 tour."

MrBrau1 said:

You may be right. But none of it is certain, except the fact that U2.com have my $40, on the promise of priority ticketing. If my password is only good for leg 1 in NA, and this is it for dates, it sucks for ALOT of people.

i'm sure they would give a different password for the next presale, which will be for the next leg.

ImOuttaControl said:

That's not the issue. The issue is whether or not we've been ripped of for $40 when there aren't even shows avaliable to go to within a reasonable distance.
IMO :
going into this whole membership thing, no one was guaranteed anything about where the shows would be and whether or not "you" would be able to get to a venue. I signed up knowing this. It was a risk.
If I get tickets to Chicago, I get tickets. If not, well...........I will be somewhat depressed but certainly not angry. :shrug:

and MrBrau... you're living in Keene, NH now??? what happened to plesantville?

I got a new job. Lower rent and house prices here, ALOT lower. And no state income tax. Pretty sweet, except for the -0 temps, and 4 hour drive to MSG.

For the people that are ticked off at U2.com why not call fanfire and ask for your money back. They may say NO, but where does it say anything about it not being refundable. If you can't use the membership then you should be able to get a refund. It's just a thought. It may not work but it might.

i'm sure they would give a different password for the next presale, which will be for the next leg.

I hope you're right. We're all emotional right now. Some of us just need to vent.

slapshot said:
I'm sure I'll just get accused of being whiny, but these dates suck. We've waited months for this, we've heard all the rumors about sick relatives and routing problems, and after all that... THIS is what they come up with? Thirteen cities? Only Chicago for the entire midwest? No shows at all in the south? Kansas City? Atlanta? Indianapolis? Memphis? St. Louis? Houston? Dallas? Charlotte? Miami? NOTHING?

Don't bother trying to placate me with "Oh, wait till the third leg", either. Would all you New Yorkers be happy with waiting till September or October? Would the west coasters posting here be happy with an east of the Mississippi only tour?

As it stands now, the only shows within reach of half the country are the two nights in Chicago. For me, that's a ten hour drive (not medically possible), an expensive flight (not financially possible), or just not getting to see U2 (not fanly possible).

This. Sucks.

C.

Agreed. I am really nervous now about getting tix to Chicago...if I can't get tickets to May 7th I'm screwed. And that's still like a four hour drive for me. U2, PLEASE come to Indy on the third leg! It makes life so much easier!

Lisa71 said:
For the people that are ticked off at U2.com why not call fanfire and ask for your money back. They may say NO, but where does it say anything about it not being refundable. If you can't use the membership then you should be able to get a refund. It's just a thought. It may not work but it might.

If these questions aren't answered soon, Fanfire will be dealing w/ ALOT of credit card complaints.

All I know is this thread is going to get really ugly when the folks in other time zones get here.

Ah, you ungrateful Americans...now you know how we feel, etc etc etc. I can hear it now. :huh:

MrBrau1 said:

I hope you're right. We're all emotional right now. Some of us just need to vent.

MrBrau1 said:

I got a new job. Lower rent and house prices here, ALOT lower. And no state income tax. Pretty sweet, except for the -0 temps, and 4 hour drive to MSG.

if you see a short, fat italian guy walking around keene state college and broadcasting keene state men's basketball games, take out your venting on him... kick him in the nuts and then tell him it's from me. he's my former college basketball coach... and he's a douche.

*EDIT... and yea Sicy I just realize I'm at 9,999 posts... gotta make #10,000 a doozey... :hmm:

Last edited:
I guess I should consider myself one of the lucky ones because I'm only 2 hours from Chicago. I still probably won't be able to get tickets when the entire midwest is going to converge on those two dates.

A few shows on the west coast and a handful for the east coast, yet nothing for the entire south.

This itinerary would be suitable if the band is called 'The Skunk Dawgs.' For U2, this itinerary is the kind of crap I'd only expect U2.com to come up with.

if you see a short, fat italian guy walking around keene state college and broadcasting keene state men's basketball games, take out your venting on him... kick him in the nuts and then tell him it's from me. he's my former college basketball coach... and he's a douche.

will do.

Chill out folks....and yes wait till the dates are offically posted...weve known U2.com to be wrong in the past.

Sicy said:
Headache you are about to hit 10k .

And he's kicking ass while doing it. :up:

I consider myself fortunate that I'll be able to fly to at least a few shows this leg. I knew they weren't coming to Detroit or Cleveland till the 3rd leg anyway, so I made sure to prepare (credit card payoff, etc.). Hopefully the presale comes through, but even if I get to one or two shows first leg, I'll consider myself lucky.

I feel for those who won't be able to go. Hell, if this was 10 years ago, even 6 for me, I'd be screwed as well. :slant:

MrBrau1 said:

That just means this particular pre-sale will cover Leg 1 and 2. It doesn't mean your code is only good for these legs. Who knows - if Propaganda is anything to go by, they may grant new codes altogether prior to the 3rd leg.

p.s.: Oh, I see this point has been made multiple times - I didn't take the time to read before replying...

Last edited:
MrBrau1 said:

You're one lucky bastard. Choice of 2 shows and a thead full of guys who wanna bone you.

No, 3 shows, providing I can get the tickets for the show I actually want to go to....

Lisa71 said:
Umm, I had insurmountable problems getting the money they double charged me back, getting money they lawfully have of mine refunded is probably impossible...

Look guys remember how well the North Americans did last time round it will all come out alright in the end.
I remember so much moaning going on when it looked like you were getting stadiums, you're getting arenas again after 50 dates last time round that's really fortunate.
Talk to the Eastern Europeans, one date in Poland that's it, for several hundred million people.
There will be more dates announced there is no way there will only be one night in London, I wa hoping all the UK dates would be at Twickenham because I'm only 30mins away but unfortunately they have to go elsewhere.
Chill out you'll get your access and if you really want it you'll get your show.
Maybe I'll be less philosophical if I don't get Dublin tickets having booked a room and a flight.

Last edited:
Wow, there's gonna be a battle for tickets. I just hope everybody has updated their Ticketmaster info because you may only get one crack at it.

I suspect we will get codes for the 3rd leg. I was a little upset when I heard we were only going to be able to buy 2 tickets for 1 show but since that's for the first two legs I'm sure we'll get another code with the same limitations.

Now, the debate is whether or not I should purchase another code. I'd love to see them in NY or Boston but it seems like we're all being forced to the coasts. I'm in SLC and I know they'll swing by in the fall but maybe I should go for Denver and/or Phoenix now. It's just that it's right while I'm giving and taking finals and then I'd have to fly out to a conference from Denver.

But, I have this one thing to say, I'm glad I'm at the point where I have the income / credit to be dealing with this dilemma. Do I fly out to NY or Denver or both? Ah, life is tough. So, for those that are strapped for cash, I say be of good cheer and know that U2 will come to a city near you on the 3rd leg. In the meantime, kindly step aside and let those of us with the ching ching to pick up some tickets on Tuesday.

So my question (as I am 10+ hours by car from Denver or Phoenix) is when the 3rd leg is announced will _everyone_ get new codes? Resulting in people who used theirs on the first leg getting new codes for the 3rd. I wish we had more information on the codes/subscriptions, and the 3rd leg.

Back
Top Bottom