MERGED ---> Reunited Pink Floyd @ Live 8 + Re-united Pink Floyd To Play Live8

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
phanan said:
"Big man, pig man, ha ha, charade you are..."

:D

:up:

"Bleating and babbling we fell on his neck with a scream..... YEAAAAAAA...HA-HA-HA-HA"

all that you touch
and all that you see
all that you taste
all you feel
and all that you love
and all that you hate
all you distrust
all you save
and all that you give
and all that you deal
and all that you buy
beg borrow or steal
and all you create
and all you destroy
and all that you do
and all that you say
and all that you eat
and everyone you meet
and all that you slight
and everyone you fight
and all that is now
and all that is gone
and all that's to come
and everything under the sun is in tune
but the sun is eclipsed by the moon

so perfect of a song.

So, erm...quick re-cap...DaveC, with all due respect, one who has said himself he is the 'Floyd Guru' and is alledgedly connected to the band in one way or another via friends or whatever was responsible for the following quotes...

DaveC said:
HA! And if you believe that, I've got a bridge in downtown New York City that I've got for sale really cheap. :wink:
Trust me. It categorically, absolutely, 100% will not happen.
blahblahblah said:
...despite Nick Mason saying "If we did get back together, it would have to be a meaningful event, like another Live Aid" (not verbatim) recently...
Originally posted by DaveC
Yes, despite Nick saying that, it WILL NOT happen. Zero chance.
DaveC said:
I absolutely do know.
It won't happen.
No no no no no no no no no.

sorry, but this is the best news of the YEAR.

Who doesn't?! This is going to be the greatest concert on EARTH! No Radiohead? Doesn't matter. We have the old one! :D

Lancemc said:
I hope they release a DVD of the London Live 8 show. :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

Yes yes yes!!!! :drool:

There is another identical thread in EYKIW. :scratch:

Anyway, looks like its no longer a rumour. But if at all the Floyd come to Philly, I think I'll just die right there. :faint:

This gets me so excited, I could shoot a wad to the moon. Unfortunately, I will not be attending Live 8 anyway. Hopefully I can hear a boot though.

That's pretty damn cool. Imagine the $ they could make on a reunion tour. Full stadiums all over the world. $$$!

Last edited:
MrBrau1 said:
That's pretty damn cool. Imagine the $ they could make on a reunion tour. Full stadiums all over the world. $$$!

I sharded just thinking about it

If U2 and Queen stole the show back in 85, 2005 might belong to Pink Floyd. I mean, this is going to dominate the concert. Do they get more than a 1/2 hour to perform? I'd guess at least 1 hour.

mods, any chance of a merger with this and the thread in EYKIW??, dunno what that one's doing there anyway, but you know...tidyness and so on!

Jesus creeping shit!

Well don't I look like an ass now. Satan must have died of hypothermia overnight.

I honestly can't fathom how they actually managed this one. The people that are the owners of the message board at www.pinkfloyd-co.com, and a few members who called Pink Floyd's management company directly were all told that it would categorically, absolutely, not happen. So I went along with that. Now I've got egg on my face and I've never been happier to have it there. :D

Anyways, the report is that Dave Gilmour just decided this on Friday night for sure, and so that's why I guess they were so dead set on the fact it wouldn't happen.

My god...

Any speculation on what they'll play?

LET IT BE WRITTEN THAT SIR BOB GELDOF CAN DO ANYTHING!!!!!!

I would be even more shocked if they do not play London. That's a given. I wish they would play 2-3 hours. One can only hope.

starsgoblue said:
I said it would happen and it did! :D

Of course, now I wish more than ever I lived in London to be able to see this.

Hey starsgoblue, we're going on a little trip! :wink:

Back
Top Bottom