MERGED--> MP3/Video from 11-22-2004 + anyone with audio or video from new york? + New

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Don't waste your time bidding on it e-Bay when it will be online for free soon enough.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
i thought there was supposed to be an alleged torrent of a recording of the show going up this weekend? What happened?

Tell me about it! I've been scouring the web since Monday night for mp3's, shns, flacs, torrents, anything! We definitely can't rely on MTV to provide the goods, as they're going to cut it down to 22 minutes of actual footage, and a good portion of that will be from the flatbed's travels through Manhattan.

i can not remember anything in this day and age that's music related taking this long to show up, especially at a show of 5000 pple where they posed no restrictions on recording. oh well. but i'm sure it'll show up soon. :|

Well, I cant burn VCDs from my computer anyway so having a copy of the DVD would be nice... definitely worth the $18.00 I paid. I can see my hand in one of the stills, it seems like it was shot a fewe people behind me... can't.wait!

Headache in a Suitcase said:
the flatbed thing was for the video... the concert was for MTV. there won't be much of the flatbed thing on the show

from http://www.rockontv.com

mtvJAMMED is a new performance series with a twist. . .We take a band to the streets of a city with one goal in mind: to build a crowd of people during one day of impromptu performances At the end of that day fans and the city's bystanders are treated to a final full-on performance by the artist/ band.

With a multitude of cameras - some of them hidden - mtvJAMMED is a roving production. Vans carry the band and crew to various locations. Once there, the band pulls off "some kind" of performance bit, letting the kids know that they are on the move and to "follow along" for a final performance payoff.

The stylistic treatment of mtvJAMMED supports the premise of the show. . .It's not slick by any means. . .mtvJAMMED is "run and gun" in its' presentation. . . Often, the television screen is laid out in overlapping split, tri and quad screens. . .Walkie-Talkie chatter - recorded at the scene - fills and narrates many of the day's events, letting the viewer into the "behind-the-scenes" drama as it unfolds. . .In fact, the production team is the supporting cast of mtvJAMMED.

With momentum that builds throughout each act, mtvJAMMED has a built in story arch that keeps the viewer attached and interested. . . As the performances intensify and the crowd builds, not only the city's inhabitants but also those viewing from their homes will be left feeling. . . JAMMED.

I read that, and now think we're definitely going to get stuff from the flatbed.

Miroslava said:
Well, I cant burn VCDs from my computer anyway so having a copy of the DVD would be nice... definitely worth the $18.00 I paid. I can see my hand in one of the stills, it seems like it was shot a fewe people behind me... can't.wait!

i'm not counting on MTV to show much, either... Miroslava, please post a review of the Ebay DVD when you get it- I'd be willing to spend $18 for the full thing as long as it's decent quality!

also, which Ebay seller did you purchase from? as far as i could tell, there were 2 people offering a version for sale...

thanks!! :)

I will definitely do that. The screencaps I saw looked pretty good (though I am aware of just how much you can do with photoshop)

I bought mine from texegg6

The price is an even $15.00 plus $3.00 shipping and it seems like he has some truck footage too (whereas the other seller only has the concert and $15.00 seems to be the starting price).

12_1_b.JPG

That is my arm (the longest one) right in front of the mic stand...

:wink:

Last edited:
awesome- thank you so much! i am looking forward to reading your review- it does look like pretty good footage from the screen cap... hopefully it really is!! :)

YAY, arm!!!! hopefully you'll be able to see more of yourself on the actual dvd! :up: :applaud:

Just for the record, the other seller of the DVD amended the auction to have the DVD sell for $15.00 flat too. The caps look of the same quality. The only difference seems to be that one has a running time of 60 minutes vs. 68 (due to truck footage)

Not really endorsing one over the other or anything :|

let us know when you get it..
Do you have a DVD player on your PC, and if so , do you know how to do DVD to Mp3?

(a lot of questions, i'm just exited!)

I do have a DVD player on my computer and at one time I knew how to rip MP3s and video from it. I tried to do that with the HTDAAB DVD without much success. Should really look into it again... Hopefully, someone will get to it before the ball is in my court :eyebrow:

Hmmm..that might be an option, esp since the MTV show is only 30 minutes long..less minus the commercials :censored: :angry:

is this what you bought in ebay!?
this boy was really near to the stage!
Anyway thanks a lot Miroslava! :wink:

Nope. What I bought should be a lot better than that... I think this may be from a video phone...

To extract wav/mp3 from a dvd I use a program called 'DVD Audio Ripper' from ImTOO Software. It works as advertised.

well...i dont have a dvd player on my computer, but a friend that has uploaded a program that she uses to rip audio from dvds. link: h**p://s12.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1CA26306D4523FAB69C684B12EE5B4B6

i waant this audio! (and video :wink: )

the videos in u2exit site are the same from u2preservation (30 seconds)...maybe it's better she's a mystery to me (1.22 mins).
I have no problems with the files in productshop site, they are .mov (quicktime).
Do you have problems with the audio? :eyebrow:

Back
Top Bottom