MERGED --> Joshua Tree Limited edition: Paris + outside its America + Tracklisting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wave Of Sorrow (Birdland) - This is probably my favourite at the moment. Great lyrics, nice melody, and Bono's singing is awesome.

Desert Of Our Love - I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For without Edge's chimey guitar and different lyrics.
The drums are similar to those we hear in the classic album interview with Lanois and Bono where they talk about "The Weather Girls".

Rise Up - Sounds a bit like that old
30-second demo "In The Doorstep" doesn't it?

Drunk Chicken / America - meh another one of these. And it doesn't even seem like Bono is singing on it.

Last edited:
corianderstem said:
I emailed Amazon customer service to see if they'd be shipping ahead of time so it would arrive on the release date, and while their answer left me slightly confused, it sounded to me like they would NOT be doing that.

Although it was unclear as to whether or not that decision might change before the actual release date.

So, uh ... I don't know. :wink:

I've pre-ordered a couple of times from amazon and they've shipped early every single time. :up:

wow the remastering is really quite something , without phones , I can listen already much more ........... WOWY sounds better than ever

BrownEyedBoy said:
I've pre-ordered a couple of times from amazon and they've shipped early every single time. :up:

SWEET. :up:

I finally just caved and ordered it to ship to my home address.

The Sad Punk said:

Because he isn't. The music is by U2, but the vocals are of Ginsberg reading his poem 'America'

I know that it wasn't Bono but I wrote that because I thought he would sing at least something in the full song, this was just a bit of it after all. But I've seen it's length now and I doubt that Bono will have the time to sing anything on it.

Oh, right - yeah I understand. I didn't notice it was only barely over a minute.

I don't mind it, but there's still a part of me that wishes it was just an awful Womanfish-esque throwaway that ended the CD.

When did u2 first meet Ginsberg?

I know that Bono and the group were reading lots of American writers when making JT, but I can't recall hearing anything about them working together/meeting until the mid 90's.

u2fp

The Sad Punk said:

I don't mind it, but there's still a part of me that wishes it was just an awful Womanfish-esque throwaway that ended the CD.

:yes: There was enough of instrumental/reading snoozefest with Beautiful ghost already.

Wave of sorrow is growing on me, wish they'd keep the JT Bono vocals on it.

Last edited:
:ohmy:

I love Beautiful Ghost. Since Literature is my first love, more than music, more than anything else, I just love it when they go into literature. And BG is haunting.

I just with Bono would have done the reading on Drunk Chicken himself.

just out of interest do any of these demos sound anything like the courier leaked snippets put out on wire years ago? i've always been suspicious about them being the real deal...

Remember Bono invoked Allen Ginsberg in his Liberty medal speech, and with Allen dead a decade, it's nice that this record will bring him more attention.

Ginsberg's America is one of the greatest poems of the twentieth century, right up there with his Howl, and I am frankly amazed and impressed that the brave buddhist peacenik faggot stoner Ginsy will show up on a U2 record!!

Sorry to crash the thread with ignorant laziness, but does anybody know just where the vinyl set is readily available for purchase?

If you shout... said:
Sorry to crash the thread with ignorant laziness, but does anybody know just where the vinyl set is readily available for purchase?

the local indy store here in Tampa said they're going to carry all the formats of this release. they specialize in vinyl. you can try contacting them if you wish, i'm sure they will try to accomodate you if they can. here is they're contact info:

4110 Henderson Blvd
Tampa, FL 33629
(813) 289-8399

http://www.vinylfevertampa.com/

Wow I missed a LOT going away this weekend. I like Desert of Our Love (the backing more than the vocals), but I'm waaaay too tired to coherently think about it all though.

chrissybaby said:
just out of interest do any of these demos sound anything like the courier leaked snippets put out on wire years ago? i've always been suspicious about them being the real deal...

I thought Rise Up sounded like In The Doorstep (Golden Light) with a slightly faster pace, didn't get any comments on it though.

The_Edge89 said:

Rise Up - Sounds a bit like that old
30-second demo "In The Doorstep" doesn't it?

Image:Merge_sign.svg

Headache in a Suitcase said:
stuff most of us already own :hyper:

We already own a remastered Joshua Tree with songs like Wave Of Sorrow and Rise Up? Shit, where have I been with this unremastered and somewhat dodgy sounding copy that has only 11 tracks? :huh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom