MERGED --> Joshua Tree Limited edition: Paris + outside its America + Tracklisting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
gman said:
Was just thinking.......This DVD will have the near 10 minute version of WOWY wont it? Didnt Bono stop the band or something during it coz of the crowd?
Whats the odds it will be edited?

I don't see any reason to edit it , neither know how could it work

corianderstem said:
Martha and Lila - should I not get it from Best Buy? Have you had bad experiences?

Heck, I don't even know if they ship it to me, of if it would be waiting for me at my local store if I pre-ordered it.

I only bought one thing online from Best Buy recently. It was supposed to be the EXCLUSIVE Best Buy version of the ATU Soundtrack CD with bonus disc. Didn't receive that one. Spent half my afternoon on the phone with Customer Service and they were going to refer my problem to a different dept, which had their head up their ass (as did everyone I spoke to, including a manager). I physically went to the store and exchanged the item for the last copy they had. So much for a deal & free freight. :|
I don't know how they generally are with pre-orders and delivering the product accurately :| I submitted my customer service survey very negatively as well :happy:

\endrant and hijacking of thread :|

Maybe send Amazon an inquiry about matching the price of Best Buy :hmm: Never had a problem with Amazon

J_NP said:

I don't see any reason to edit it , neither know how could it work

Agreed. And first of all: that would be just a catastroph to edit this :sad: I really think it's the highlight of the concert. Cool thing to make a break there. When Bono is getting back in the race with this beautiful snippet of the Joy Division Song - it's just touching and wonderful. U2 at their best.

For those who haven't seen it yet - you can find it also on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzT6GaYXihI

perrypickwick said:

Agreed. And first of all: that would be just a catastroph to edit this :sad: I really think it's the highlight of the concert. Cool thing to make a break there. When Bono is getting back in the race with this beautiful snippet of the Joy Division Song - it's just touching and wonderful. U2 at their best.

For those who haven't seen it yet - you can find it also on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzT6GaYXihI

I've never seen that :drool: :combust:

OK! my brain is going crazy trying to make sense of all this since the threads were merged....please somebody have patience and answer these questions... please!

1. Somewhere along the line I got the impression that U2 were actually re recording the Joshua Tree and then releasing it with slightly different endings to songs or "remastered" versions...is this true? or are they just re RELEASING it with more modern sound quality, in other words, what you hear is going to still be from 1987...please someone clarify that for me, id really appreciate it...

2. Is a live dvd of paris from 1987 coming with this?

3. Someone further back in this thread mentioned something regarding the environment on this board around tour time...that is exciting, tell me more :D
I've only been here about a week :(

(BTW this is by far the best online U2 community, i'm lovin it!, thank you all)

They're not re-recording anything, just tweaking with the sound to make it sound better. It's still the same release, just with a remastered sound.

And yes, the live DVD comes with it if you buy the deluxe edition that has 2 CDs and a DVD.

Tour time around here brings out all sorts of interesting things: people freaking out in excitement, people stressing out about ticket sales, people arguing about setlists, people bitching about every little nitpicky thing, and also some very entertaining setlist parties, where people gather in a thread to follow a show in real time as someone at the show texts the setlist and anything else interesting that happens to someone who's posting on the board.

(Yes, that was a damned long run-on sentence. :wink: )

And welcome to the site! :)

thank you!

cori, that was a brilliant recap indeed! thank you for that, much appreciated! :)

touring time on here sounds awesome..i can't wait.....

Touring time around here is exciting, fun, and sometimes really annoying and frustrating.

I wouldn't have it any other way. :wink:

corianderstem said:
Touring time around here is exciting, fun, and sometimes really annoying and frustrating.

I wouldn't have it any other way. :wink:

Tour time is the best time. Setlist parties. :drool:

Especially when we have live audio of the gig.

corianderstem said:
They're not re-recording anything, just tweaking with the sound to make it sound better. It's still the same release, just with a remastered sound.

And yes, the live DVD comes with it if you buy the deluxe edition that has 2 CDs and a DVD.

Tour time around here brings out all sorts of interesting things: people freaking out in excitement, people stressing out about ticket sales, people arguing about setlists, people bitching about every little nitpicky thing, and also some very entertaining setlist parties, where people gather in a thread to follow a show in real time as someone at the show texts the setlist and anything else interesting that happens to someone who's posting on the board.

(Yes, that was a damned long run-on sentence. :wink: )

And welcome to the site! :)

wow , I never knew about the whole real time setlist thing !:drool:

u2trinity said:

wow , I never knew about the whole real time setlist thing !:drool:

Probably one of the best things on Interference. But be prepared to post a reply and find that 4 more pages of posts have appeared while you were typing. :drool:

But now that premium members have less of a wait time between posts ... hey, another reason to go premium when the next tour comes around! :wink:

Utoo said:

Probably one of the best things on Interference. But be prepared to post a reply and find that 4 more pages of posts have appeared while you were typing. :drool:

OMG THAT IS INSANELY COOL!! DAMN!!!

never been to a place like this...haha

SWWWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETNEEESSSSS

Utoo said:

:lmao:

and like corianderstem said, without the 45 second rule for premium members, this place will be beyond insane :happy: :combust:

You know, when they were touring, and whether or not I was a source, it would take me two hours to eat my dinner in front of the computer. Nothing like cold steak, chicken,... And then trying to figure out what snippet happened, or who got pulled up, or what new song got thrown into the mix. Especially when we had audio. Remember video from S.America (last show in March I think). :faint: I hope gorman will be ready for audio/video feeds in 2009 :wink:

And cursing anyone trying to call/reach me during that 3-4 hour period (pre-show, post-show). Ah... memories :) :) :)

coolian2 said:
Nothing beats the sound of U2 playing from the bottom of a swimming pool inside a huge, empty warehouse. :drool:

I can't wait for live video so that we can see a vaguely Bono-shaped blur from which hyper-distorted and thoroughly incomprehensible snippets are being poorly enunciated. :drool:

just so i know where to go and i don't go crazy looking for it...does all this take place right here on the forums...or somewhere else on the interference site?

thanks

Rob33 said:
just so i know where to go and i don't go crazy looking for it...does all this take place right here on the forums...or somewhere else on the interference site?

thanks

On the forums. You can even still go and read all the old threads on the now-closed Vertigo Tour subforum. I think it's listed beneath Peeling Off Those Dollar Bills nowadays, but when the tour was on, it was right below EYKIW on the forum menu.

coolian2 said:
I can't wait for the first shsmaaing somsinorarther snippet :drool:

I can't wait for Bono to state a setlist "fact" that's wildly inaccurate. "Here's a big hit we had back in 1991, we haven't played it since Popmart, this is ... BEAUTIFUL DAY!" :happy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom