MERGED --> Joshua Tree Limited edition: Paris + outside its America + Tracklisting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bean Skidds said:
Oh well, as long as the remaster is done well, and doesnt suffer from the "loudness war" problems of alot of remasters these days, I'll be more than happy. They should just rip and re-press the MFSL gold disc, that thing is perfect :drool:

I just listened to the MFSL and it indeed sounds good. But even on that one, I think Exit might have benefitted from a (small) level boost. But I'm not complaining, as I'll have both.

:)

chrissybaby said:

I know it's early to talk of things like this but I really do hope that this acknowledgment of a die hard fanbase over obsessive quality control is something that they finally feel comfortable with. I've always had the feeling that we've been sidelined in favour of winning a new audience (setlists, Boston 2001, etc) but this has really changed my mind. I wonder if the remaster series will go backwards as well as forwards from the Joshua Tree, I'm thinking UF primarily and maybe the full Dortmund show from 84. As for the future, AB could maybe contain Washington 92, or Stockholm! Lovetown Sydney has long been top of my U2 wishlist, if this came with the R&H DVD i'd be utterly and totally satiated!

The only small disappointment for me is that we already have this Paris show, like you Tempe or Denver would have made me absolutely delirious!

I know I shouldn't look a gifthorse in the mouth because I still say that this is the best U2 release ever, and I applaud the band because I think it is a gift to, and an acknowledgment of us. It somehow feels personal, and my 20 year obsession somehow feels recognised....:ohmy:

I was thinking about this. Maybe they didnt use the additional Tempe and Denver footage for this release because they may include it in a Rattle And Hum Special Edition DVD somewhere down the road. Seems like most movies get released on DVD in their original form and then several years later there is a special edition. I guess that wouldnt shock me. Unfortunately that probably means the Sydney footage would never see the light of day. Unless they do a remaster of the Rattle and Hum CD and include it as a bonus DVD like this one. I think that is asking way too much of U2 though based on their quality control history.

The only other thing I think they could have put on the DVD is One Tree Hill from Tempe. Currently thats not available on DVD, VHS only.

Drunk Chicken/America

Have you noticed the U2.com track listing makes two songs of Drunk Chicken and America? Or is the name of the one song Drunk Chicken/America? Will we have 5 brand new tracks? Or 4?
Anyway, it´s Christmas very early this year!

It's one song. Notice how there are spaces between the slash marks indicating separating songs, whereas there is no spaces around the slash mark within Drunk Chicken/America, indicating it is one song.

major_panic said:
Going by last unicorn's quoting of the price of the Deluxe at 29 Euros, I estimate that it'll be about... $47.99? in Australian dollars. That'd be abou $42.99 USD.

(someone please tell me how much it's gonna cost in Australia...)

http://www.amazon.com/Joshua-Tree-U...0088122?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1192740531&sr=8-4
Comes in at 43.99, so that just might be the deluxe edition, although "import" is confusing me. How hard is it gonna be to get this thing? Will I be able to walk into Borders or B+N (the only stores near me at school) and buy it, or should I order it off Amazon and endure the 5 day wait just to be sure I get it? I can't wait that long to hear the new stuff!

LemonMelon said:

I had no idea U2 even knew that song existed. :ohmy:

:lmao:

Varitek said:

http://www.amazon.com/Joshua-Tree-U...0088122?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1192740531&sr=8-4
Comes in at 43.99, so that just might be the deluxe edition, although "import" is confusing me. How hard is it gonna be to get this thing? Will I be able to walk into Borders or B+N (the only stores near me at school) and buy it, or should I order it off Amazon and endure the 5 day wait just to be sure I get it? I can't wait that long to hear the new stuff!

I think I'm going to preorder it from Amazon (and the vinyl from Amazon.uk) as soon as the different versions become clearly defined. I don't want to stress about not finding the version I want in stores.

sandc said:
Maybe the fan club renewal "gift" this year will be the audio version of the Paris dvd??

If it had STAND BY ME, C'MON EVERYBODY and HELP it would actually be a worthwhile release since publishing/licensing fees would only be a tiny fraction compared to a video release.

dabiggestu2fan said:
so anyone?? i just want to hear the 30 second clips but don't seem to have any luck finding them nor has anyone replied surely some one must have them!:(

I'm on call in the hospital tonight (haha--checking interference instead of working...:shifty: ). i can get them to you tomorrow or this weekend if no one else does first.

As for ordering, I'm going to wait until Amazon gets its shit together. Once it does, I'll definitely get the vinyl from there. As for the super-deluxe, I might call Best Buy next week or so to see if they'll have it and see if they can hold a copy or something.

So, it looks like U2.com is tentatively reporting a November 20th release date. They've created a little section on JT, and on the audio-visual part it reads this:

// AUDIO VIDEO
Ahead of worldwide release on November 20th(check), we'll be posting new and rare audio and video exclusives from The Joshua Tree. First up take a look at a rarely seen video for Spanish Eyes ( b-side to 'I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For') and tune in to our streams from the original album release.

Notice, however, the "check." Knowing u2.com's webpage creating skills, that's probably a note for themselves to check that that's the right date.....:der:

:hmm: Actually, on one of the sidebar links to the JT remastered story, it reads:

The Joshua Tree has been remastered for an early December release. Story here....

monkeyskin said:

It's originally 18.99 pounds, so that's about $41, figures they would charge $44. Whatever, I'll pay any price for this one!

Utoo said:
As for ordering, I'm going to wait until Amazon gets its shit together. Once it does, I'll definitely get the vinyl from there. As for the super-deluxe, I might call Best Buy next week or so to see if they'll have it and see if they can hold a copy or something.

Yeah, Best Buy is a good idea, I just realized there's one near me. I'll probably do that too because I don't want to wait for Amazon. If they can't hold a copy then I will be ordering from Amazon though, don't want to risk not getting that DVD!

Utoo said:

Notice, however, the "check." Knowing u2.com's webpage creating skills, that's probably a note for themselves to check that that's the right date.....:der:

Haha so true, they screwed that one up and haven't fixed it yet. :huh: I believe the December date, it makes less sense for the anniversary but with how close we already are to Nov 20 and how many more credible sites have listed Dec 3/4, that's when I think it's coming out.

So I'm guessing, based on last year:

- U2.com membership renewal comes with a live CD of the JT show ("The first-ever live album from the JT concerts!"), just as they did last year with the Zoo TV CD.

- iTunes releases the album with special live tracks from the JT show as well, but "Album Only" tracks that you can only buy with the album.

Other ideas?

Bean Skidds said:
The only thing I can imagine that would make this better is a multi-channel 5.1 mix in hi-res audio, maybe the first disc in hybrid SACD format so it would still play on normal cd players. There was a rumor back in June that a U2 anniversary JT edition was in the works and might include a 5.1 mix, but I guess it might just be 2-channel after all. Edge's echoing guitar would sound so great in surround sound, so that kind of disappoints me.

Lanois and Eno don't really do 5.1 mixes. Also, a remix in U2-world is a huge can of worms that nobody would really want to undertake.

u2fp

meticulously remastered !!!:hyper:

anyone have any idea what this will go for ???

Box Set format:

The 3 disc box-set format contains The Joshua Tree CD, the bonus audio CD (both as above), and a Bonus DVD. This package also includes a 56 page hardback embossed book, featuring previously unseen Anton Corbijn photos, handwritten lyrics by Bono and liner notes by Bill Flanagan, Bono, Adam Clayton, Brian Eno, Daniel Lanois, Anton Corbijn, Steve Averill, David Batstone, René Castro and a special essay by The Edge.

Last edited:
Wow this looks great. I have a feeling the next few years we'll get some nice surprises. The band seem to be tieing up their loose ends with Zoo TV and Popmart finally being released on DVD. Hopefully We will see a Lovetown show on DVD and more remastered CDS with rarities as well.
I think they'll keep some of their better unreleased songs and demos for a nice boxset after they retire.

Confirmation that the "double vinyl" is the JT album spread over 4 sides for better fidelity, as apposed JT on one LP plus the rarities on the 2nd LP?

U2FanPeter said:
Confirmation that the "double vinyl" is the JT album spread over 4 sides for better fidelity, as apposed JT on one LP plus the rarities on the 2nd LP?

Yep, u2.com says it's the original album spread over 2 albums. :drool:

FUCK IT !

IT really happened ! And with RHMT

Holy Shit Can't Believe it

Again let's see

- All of JT's glory re-released remastered ......
- A 2nd Disc with great things ( I finally get the chance to hear Streets with Edge singing on a car ) and 4 Bleeding New Tracks
- Almost Full Paris Show = UNFORGETTABLE FIRE FINALLY LIVE ON DVD = Me singin with full force , listening to the dvd , so the whole building can hear me
I'M ONLY ASKING BUT I THINK YOU KNOW !!!!!
:wink: :D
And THE Mythical Red Hill Video

Those Irish Bastards ! They really dit it this time :applaud: :applaud: :bow: :bow:

That's their BEST release Ever

For anyone that has heard the 12' singles from the late 80's will know just how good that new vinyl edition is going to sound.

To put it in PLEBAN terms: It's like having Bono breathing down your neck for 45 minutes.

If one can consider that a good thing.

I'm Starting to think like people here , A Achtung Baby Deluxe Edition could even top this , If it only was like this .......

Disc 1 : AB Remastered
Disc 2 : usual B-sides things + rarities

Now here comes the magic :

A DVD with a ZooTV Show , even if not complete , but possibly from 92 , with all the great tracks of the tour that weren't in the DVD : Bad , UV , Wild Horses , Still Haven't Found Acoustic WOWY Original Zoo Version ....

And on the dvd or something like , a special made for the album , Achtung Baby : Classic Albums , or anything like that , with the band showing how they made it , demo sounds , Edge playing solo stuff ........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom