MERGED--> ALL European Stage, Lighting & Production Discussions + Pictures

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
andyuk said:
will bono lauch himself from one side to the other? i reckon he might give it a go one night

I think he should crowd surf between the b-stages. :drool:

Great photos at U2achtung.com - full on shots showing the walkways/b stages + lighting effects!:drool:

Last edited:
GibsonGirl said:

I think he should crowd surf between the b-stages. :drool:

See, totally cool:

surfing.gif

:wink:

Are they putting up barriers between the two b stages in that pic? Will that create one giant pit?

Has that been said a billion times elsewhere?

tkramer said:
Are they putting up barriers between the two b stages in that pic? Will that create one giant pit?

Has that been said a billion times elsewhere?

Well It looks to me that there is barrier at the end of Both B-Stages.

LAPOE should be interesting, Larry might have his own mic.

discothequeLP said:

it's nice to see Adam using his old Thunderbird bass again. . .

and Edge has a flying V???

Not quite. :wink: It was supposed to be an Explorer, but I just couldn't be arsed to fix it. He's doing the footstomp. :lol:

discothequeLP said:
and it looks like Larry has spontaneously combusted!

Indeed! His hair's on fire and he's flailing his arms about in terror! But hey, at least he's plaing in front of that wicked awesome mofo of a big screen. :drool:

EDIT: PLAING! Er...playing.

Last edited:
GibsonGirl said:

See, totally cool:

surfing.gif

For fuck's sake, this is so incredibly funny that it borders on not being funny anymore....it's THAT funny. I literally laughed out loud and scared 2 coworkers, scared them bad. Have fun having children with Chizip and Queen Bee both.

No spoken words said:

For fuck's sake, this is so incredibly funny that it borders on not being funny anymore....it's THAT funny. I literally laughed out loud and scared 2 coworkers, scared them bad. Have fun having children with Chizip and Queen Bee both.

:lol:

This is what makes not studying for finals so worth it!

discothequeLP said:
gibson girl, you really need to watch the movie Spinal Tap. . . right now!!!

I've never seen it. :reject: Does it involve crowd surfing and/or wicked awesome mofo big screens?

its a mock-umentary about a cheesy 80s rock band who plays pretty cool music and is re-united for a new tour like 10 years later, but the tour and the album don't go so hot. its really really funny, the music is played pretty damn well, you'd love it for sure

Hoodlem said:

Now I just need to figure out how many vital organs I need to sell to get to Europe.

Please add this to the "How to tell if your obsessed with the tour thread" -- top 10 in my book.

From setlist parties to stadium stage building speculation and photoshop or not debate parties -- we rule!

Or, the band we enjoy does.

I think after these things light up for the first time during the show that Zoo TV and PopMart are going to look tiny. I mean, look how stunning the light curtains were for the indoor shows, and these LED walls are just huge and will provide so much more high def than the old screens of tours past. And those are that bright during the day, imagine them as it gets darker outside. Amazing. They HAVE to do a DVD for Europe. They wouldn't want this stage to not be captured in all it's glory.

Last edited:
u2wedge said:
I think after these things light up for the first time during the show that Zoo TV and PopMart are going to look tiny. I mean, look how stunning the light curtains were for the indoor shows, and these LED walls are just huge and will provide so much more high def than the old screens of tours past. And those are that bright during the day, imagine them as it gets darker outside. Amazing. They HAVE to do a DVD for Europe. They wouldn't want this stage to not be captured in all it's glory.

Those of us going to the Cardiff show are in for a treat - I'm 99% sure that the stadium roof will be shut so it will be D-A-R-K!!

Are there any other venues that will have a roof on this leg of the tour?/

I know this ain't the right place, but when you brought up Spinal Tap, I had to post a few quotes:

"David St. Hubbins: Dozens of people spontaneously combust each year. It's just not really widely reported." :combust:
-----------------------------------------------------------
Nigel Tufnel: The numbers all go to eleven. Look, right across the board, eleven, eleven, eleven and...
Marty DiBergi: Oh, I see. And most amps go up to ten?
Nigel Tufnel: Exactly.
Marty DiBergi: Does that mean it's louder? Is it any louder?
Nigel Tufnel: Well, it's one louder, isn't it? It's not ten. You see, most blokes, you know, will be playing at ten. You're on ten here, all the way up, all the way up, all the way up, you're on ten on your guitar. Where can you go from there? Where?
Marty DiBergi: I don't know.
Nigel Tufnel: Nowhere. Exactly. What we do is, if we need that extra push over the cliff, you know what we do?
Marty DiBergi: Put it up to eleven.
Nigel Tufnel: Eleven. Exactly. One louder.
Marty DiBergi: Why don't you just make ten louder and make ten be the top number and make that a little louder?
Nigel Tufnel: [pause] These go to eleven.

All this anticipation until the first show of leg 2 :hyper:
Gibsongirl - that picture was hilarious :lmao: :applaud:

and did someone say webcam? Where where???

Jim said:

Those of us going to the Cardiff show are in for a treat - I'm 99% sure that the stadium roof will be shut so it will be D-A-R-K!!

Are there any other venues that will have a roof on this leg of the tour?/
The 3 nights in Amsterdam will have a closed roof too!

I am 99% sure that the DVD shoot will be done there! In the middle of the 2nd leg, 3 nights in a row in a fantastic closed-roof stadium... It would be perfect!

Neilz said:

The 3 nights in Amsterdam will have a closed roof too!

I am 99% sure that the DVD shoot will be done there! In the middle of the 2nd leg, 3 nights in a row in a fantastic closed-roof stadium... It would be perfect!

Great- I'm in Amsterdam today strangely enough.. what are the odds of coming back on one of the concert days in Amsterdam and picking up a ticket?? .. I'm having a *must see more concerts!* moment :)

I'd say Dublin and Amsterdam have the biggest chance to be filmed for DVD, there are 3 shows there so the band will be able to edit all of the material into one show... without any mistakes...:| like they did with Boston and Slane DVDs...

Manchester, London, Paris, Milan have 2 shows... so lets say they also have a chance to be filmed...
I doubt U2 will risk filming in a city with only one date...:(

Jim said:

Great- I'm in Amsterdam today strangely enough.. what are the odds of coming back on one of the concert days in Amsterdam and picking up a ticket?? .. I'm having a *must see more concerts!* moment :)
Oh, there will be many scalpers present at each of the Amsterdam gig's... Just bring cash and you WILL see the show.. 100% sure about that...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom