MERGED ----> A Fan Celebration: 1st Ever LA U2 Fan Convention + BP Fallon Added...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mr. BAW said:
ATTENTION OUT OF TOWNERS - ATTENTION!!!!

As a favor to you out of towners, visitors to our wonderful area, I have checked with weather.com; here is the expected forecast for this weekend for the Ontario, CA area...so you can pack and dress accordingly....Ontario, CA is in the "Inland Empire" and that usually means warmer than the rest of So. CAL....

Weekend Forecast for
Ontario, CA
Friday Oct 8

Mostly Sunny High
90°F
Low
60°F
Precip: 20%
Plenty of sun. Highs in the low 90s and lows in the low 60s.

Saturday 9
Sunny High
86°F
Low
57°F
Precip: 10%
Mainly sunny. Highs in the mid 80s and lows in the upper 50s.

Sunday 10
Partly Cloudy High
78°F
Low
54°F
Precip: 10%
Mix of sun and clouds. Highs in the upper 70s and lows in the mid 50s.

Am I a nice guy or what?????????????? Look forward to seeing each and everyone of you!

Mr. BAW

It's nothing like that in Ontario, Canada :lol:

:brr:

Mr BAW :wave:

It'll be pretty cold. This week's weather varies from 15 C to 20 C in the afternoons, and it's down to single digits at night. It'll be even colder next month.

You need a good winter jacket, and lots of layers! :up:

Mr. BAW said:

Help me out...layers of what....I'm a So. CAL boy,,,I don't even own a sweater...:yikes: I knew BAW was setting me up..:madspit:

:lol:

Well, let's see, starting from inside out - t-shirt, sweater, thick pants, winter jacket, scarf, gloves, hat, warm socks.

I'm probably forgetting something, too. :hmm:

ps- you're definatly going to have to go buy a sweater or two.

Last edited:
How cold will it be before I freeze? what if I have alcohol in me, how cold will it be before i freeze? what if I merely stay in my hotel room beneath a nice, warm comforter,..will I be ok??? what if I don't have thick pants...what do I do? double my sox?

You didn't mention shoes...shall I leave my OC sandals at home? do I need snow shoes? how about those things that look like skiis...need those???? help me out, I'm a city boy...

I saw your profile,,,,is that your mom by the pineapple???? :)

Last edited:
-30 C is pretty cold if you're not in proper gear. I had to walk to school in that weather once. Luckily, it's no where that cold in November (shouldn't be anyways :yikes: ) I can't answer the question regarding alcohol as I'm not of drinking age, lol, but I'm sure you were to freeze, you'd be a happy ice cube.

If you stay in your hotel room you'll miss all the fun - but the chances are you'd survive.

How about good denim pants? Not thin ones though. Those won't be any good.

...snow shoes... :laugh: Bring them if you please. Hiking boots should be fine if you've got them.

The picture in my profile is me slaving over the calculus :uhoh:

Calculus = pi r sq.

That photo must've been taken in Hawaii....will you be at the Toronto intotheheart fest???? bring your parents, we'll get along!

Ever see Baywatch??? that's where I live...hahahaha! notice that there's no ice on the shore...

Mr. BAW said:
Calculus = pi r sq.

That photo must've been taken in Hawaii....will you be at the Toronto intotheheart fest???? bring your parents, we'll get along!

Ever see Baywatch??? that's where I live...hahahaha! notice that there's no ice on the shore...

pi r sq = area of a circle :kiss:

The photos taken in my living room, actually. :wink:

I will be going to the event on Saturday :wave:

I have been to Cali. Very hot. The grand canyon was even hotter- I think it was 107 F or something :combust:

Mr. BAW said:
Uh....keep hitting the books, the
Grand Canyon is in Arizona...:yikes:

please, try to find BAW and me on Saturday...and thanks for the tips! out!!!!

You've got too many states :p

I'll keep an eye out for you, although you'll probably find me first. :wave:

Unos, Dos, Tres days until the show and a weekend of U2 baby!

Catorce - probably equal to the number of posts I've made about our show.:laugh:

See you this weekend!

Have fun!!!!

this weekend at the la fan convention!!!

Sam B

p.s.

it won't be that cold. plus our hotel is connected to the underground network so u don't have to go outside much if you don't want to. ...lol and ms BAW survived last year!!!

Folks,
Can't make it this weekend .:(

Wish i could but work keeps me away.

God Bless and rock on.
db9

Thanks Sam!

Wish you could be here too. You'll have a blast at inTO the Heart next month I'm sure!

All my friends at Interference.com know that I do NOT lie nor do I sell anything....but I gotta tell you..

The Joshua Tree KICKS ASS!!!!

Jason (Bono) and the guys abso-fucking-lutely rocked the house on Friday night...:up: and it makes me sad that it was not they who headlined at the Ontario Fanfest....

I was quite impressed!!!!

Signed,

A New Follower

Mr. BAW said:
All my friends at Interference.com know that I do NOT lie nor do I sell anything....but I gotta tell you..

Jason (Bono) and the guys abso-fucking-lutely rocked the house on Friday night...:up: and it makes me sad that it was not they who headlined at the Ontario Fanfest....

Signed,

A New Follower

Ditto!! :wink:

The boys and I just want to say

THANK YOU!!!! to all the Interferencer's that came to the show. We really appreciate you being there and we want you to know that you made Saturday night a very special night for us. We really appreciate all the feedback and support that we got at the show and Sunday at the convention. This weekend was a surreal experience! I am still in a daze! I am hopeful that we can do this again next year and, as Mr. Baw so kindly put it, maybe headline the convention next time.

The main reason we are doing this tribute is to share the love of U2 and their music with others and to bring some damn fine people like yourselves together to celebrate it with us. I'm not sure if there will be another U2 Fan Convention next year or ever again for that matter-who knows, but we were blessed to be a part of it and really enjoyed the acoustic set and karaoke with everyone. It was a blast!

On a personal note, I'd again just like to say that it was a pleasure to finally meet you all and that you are all so nice and genuine. I really look forward to seeing you again soon! Hopefully on Nov 5th!

God bless you all and once again, thank you for helping make this weekend absolutely incredible.

Jason, Chas, Mike, and Ron.

The Joshua Tree

baby baby baby light my way!!

JOSHUA TREE -

thanks for letting us be a part of your show!
you are great guys and great musicians!

Cheers to you! and many more shows together!

peace,
affa

Mr. BAW said:

I caught part of the informal, acoustic set on Sunday. It was awesome!! :up: Their passion and talent can be seen and heard in every song they play!

Now I wish I went to the show Saturday night. :reject:

I am glad to hear the JT/EXIT show was awesome!!!!

EXIT never dissappoints!! they rock! even with no singer!!

JT congrats on a great weekend!!!!

just wish i was there for the weekend festivities!

sam

Mr. BAW said:

Signed,

A New Follower

ditto :applaud: :bow:

you guys were awesome!!! :up:

wow now im bummed i missed this:angry:

did u guys at least think of me during WOWY?
plez don't lie:angry:

thank u

db9

Back
Top Bottom