LP13/Invisible. The Hope! The Trauma. Who's lying next?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
U2 did a round of press in late November supporting Ordinary Love and told everyone March/April/’Spring’. That’s obviously changed since then, but it’s not out-there enough to make its way into these articles where information like that is only casually sourced, i.e. they’re just referring back to the earlier press (as the LA Times article that still mentioned ‘Spring’ did directly). Don’t get your hopes up.

Posted this in the Invisible reaction page, thought it'd go well here too - it appears that BoA has upped the commitment to $1 per download up to $8 million

U2 did a round of press in late November supporting Ordinary Love and told everyone March/April/’Spring’. That’s obviously changed since then, but it’s not out-there enough to make its way into these articles where information like that is only casually sourced, i.e. they’re just referring back to the earlier press (as the LA Times article that still mentioned ‘Spring’ did directly). Don’t get your hopes up.

When it comes to U2, I really don't have any hopes left...LOL

I'm a little bit concerned about having a South American tour. I fear this could be "Elevation" tour again...

Don't assume there will be nothing for the next 4 months. This is step one in the build up. There will be at least one more single (confirmed already) and other promotional stuff as well. Seems they are assuming they can't just drop an album out of the blue. They need to awaken people to the idea that U2 have new music. I also believe the story that says the album could be closer and that it depends how Invisible is received.

Not assuming that there will be nothing in the next 4 months. In sure there will be another song.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using U2 Interference mobile app

guys what do you think of the video and screen backdrop on it?
Is it the indication of the tour design? Are they going with some new video tech in terms of screen / video presentation? Somehow I don't think that it will not be prominent in next couple of years

so Invisible doesn't really have any R&B tinge to it.. that's the other rumoured sound, right? R&B/Soul stuff? It's more the Kraftwerk, post-punk stuff.

so, I wonder if the Real First Single™ will be of this other sound.. U2 trying to write another What's Goin On

so Invisible doesn't really have any R&B tinge to it.. that's the other rumoured sound, right? R&B/Soul stuff? It's more the Kraftwerk, post-punk stuff.

so, I wonder if the Real First Single™ will be of this other sound.. U2 trying to write another What's Goin On

Well... Danger Mouse's work with the Black Keys can not really be considered old school R&B, but there's always a song or two on their records that has that sound.

So if there is one song with that sound, I imagine that means that Bono thinks the entire album is R&B.

Sent from my android cause iphones are for old people

Keep clicking replay on youtube, guys; let them know we really want the album.

This. The more we demand it, the better our chances are. :up:

And I know radio is a somewhat-dead format, but it can't hurt to call/email your local stations and ask them to play it.

I also am curious to see what they do with it as far as 'downloading' goes. Will they release a full version of it as a 'paid' single? :hmm:

Has anyone already heard invisible on the radio?

Amazingly enough, YES. One of the local 'rock' stations here played it yesterday around 1pm EST. http://933fmthewolf.com/
Seeing as how our radio stations have basically ignored "new" U2 since the time of Vertigo, this was an unexpected surprise. (There is one 'classic' rock station here that tends to play the singles/hits from War-UF-JT era though.)

That train verse sounds like it will slot in nicely in between the two we have now - perhaps the non-edit version???

I was wondering about this, but I'm thinking at most that appears in an alternate version, at the moment the lyric is very focused and not trying to shoehorn too many meanings/interpretations in and its strong for its aims because of that. I mean it is an extension of the leaving home to be a rock star angle, but who he's invisible to changes in that verse.

Back
Top Bottom