LP13/Invisible. The Hope! The Trauma. Who's lying next?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
after two listenings, and still trying to figure out the intro, I can say I really like it, specially the bridge

The ending is a little dull, but I guess the live version will be better

For a minute I felt what a lot of people must've felt when they heard THE FLY for the first time... that intro is just weird

But :hyper:

The version I listened to on youtube doesn't feature the crowd chanting the "there is no them, only us" line that was contained in the 18 second preview clip. Has that been left out? I kinda liked it.

So we finally know what the London Underground story was about :up:

Nice video, even though Bono looks like he has no hair :lol: and the shots of the band members are too fast and short.

I must say I'm glad they didn't stick to those lyrics. The actual lyrics are much wider and open to interpretation than the ones about London, they are very specific. I like the story behind this song, though.

Edit: oops, just noticed the other two videos. It's an AMAZING day today :hyper:

:up: The reports on early U2 sounds were on, Joy Division synths. Very catchy synth line and the final there is no them lines. Good lyrics, too.

Certainly different to the last three albums. Well done DM, the weak parts : again with the electronic fake sounding drums, very little Edge (though this is RED edit so maybe there's more guitar on the album) and a very abrupt ending. Hoping for a solo after there is no them part in the album version.

eta:

:bow: Thanks for not using the London lyrics.

The video of the Super Bowl ad isn't available for me / us :sad:

Is it any different to the one in the "making of" video? I guess it's longer?!

That's gorgeous.

Just hearing the chorus on its own like that, it does sound more like typical U2 (which isn't a negative for me). The whole song makes it sound like something new.

And after that, who cares about Broncos and Seahawks?

Sorry, stone me. :reject:

I like the song but wish Dangermouse knew what to do with a live drummer. Between this & OL, he seems to love making the drums sound dry & dead & isolated, which is (IMO) not great & a far cry from the roomy, spacious sounds of Lanois.

Oh damn, my local station just played Invisible! They're one of the biggest alternative/indie/rock stations in Utah.

That's awesome, wish I was there to hear it!

I like the song but wish Dangermouse knew what to do with a live drummer. Between this & OL, he seems to love making the drums sound dry & dead & isolated, which is (IMO) not great & a far cry from the roomy, spacious sounds of Lanois.

The drums sound good on the Good, the Bad, and the Queen, and though I haven't heard Modern Guilt for a while I remember quite liking the drums on it. It's probably U2 who want the drums to sound this way. They might have gone for this retro-modern sound (it sounds more like 1980 than they did in 1980) because it's trendy.

It would be great if U2 considered working with Birgir Jon Birgisson. He did the new Alcest and worked on the last 3 Sigur Ros albums, and the last Spiritualized. He'd be great with U2.

I love it. I wish they were calling it their first single from the album.
As far as the drums go when they start playing it live they will probably change that somewhat.

Invisible???

Sorry folks, I know we all have been waiting a LONG time for new U2 music, but this song really disappoints, and with time I imagine most will agree. A drum machine in a U2 song? I bet Larry hated that idea, I have no idea how they got that idea past him. Way too much cheesy keyboard sound, they are trying to sound hip.. every time they do that they fail. Why can't they just be themselves, instead of always trying to be something that they are not? Epic failure.

I did! I tried to tell you :( I didn't want to give too much away. Quite frankly, as cool as hearing the material was, I missed having the anticipation. I figured you all deserved that. Anyway, it taught me to keep my mouth shut. Man, you all were brutal.

:hug: You likely stopped reading after the fallout, but most of us actually stood up for you. Thanks for at least giving us some information.

Sorry folks, I know we all have been waiting a LONG time for new U2 music, but this song really disappoints, and with time I imagine most will agree. A drum machine in a U2 song? I bet Larry hated that idea, I have no idea how they got that idea past him. Way too much cheesy keyboard sound, they are trying to sound hip.. every time they do that they fail. Why can't they just be themselves, instead of always trying to be something that they are not? Epic failure.

So the people who are liking it are wrong?

Back
Top Bottom