LP13/Invisible. The Hope! The Trauma. Who's lying next?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well a few people are loving it?

... ok? I have no problem with people loving. I just don't. Also there's a contigency of U2 fans that will absolutely adore any single thing U2 ever puts out without an inkling of any criticism (constructive or otherwise). Again, no worries to people that choose that path. I just don't.

Then again I keep hoping U2 will go back to the level of fire and experimentalization from the AB/Zooropa/Pop days and it's becoming increasingly clear that will never happen again.

... ok? I have no problem with people loving. I just don't. Also there's a contigency of U2 fans that will absolutely adore any single thing U2 ever puts out without an inkling of any criticism (constructive or otherwise). Again, no worries to people that choose that path. I just don't.

Then again I keep hoping U2 will go back to the level of fire and experimentalization from the AB/Zooropa/Pop days and it's becoming increasingly clear that will never happen again.

There also appears to be a contingency of U2 fans that will attack, savage, and burn any thing new the band does these days. Always dreaming of some other time period of the band that has past. This is U2 2014. The 90s are over!

I poop on you

I'm not saying this song is going back to those levels of experimentation, but right now as I look at my bank of U2 guitar songs, NONE of them are using a synthesizer on the lead part. I'm glad they are changing things up with this song, it's "fresh" sounding but sticks to U2's roots.

I'm really digging it. I'd take this over Ordinary Love every single day of the week.

The 'first version' Bono describes in the video on the band's FB page is waaaaay better than the finished version. Why did they change it???!!!

Also, the tech at the end of that video is awesome.

We know U2 has always leaned toward anthemic songs. But some of them sound tailor made to be such. Kind of like the old writing adage of showing vs. telling a story.

The song is catchy. And the lyric gives it some weight, especially within the context of its release. But is it more than that?

Does it have to be might be another question...

I poop on you

I would expect nothing less!

There also appears to be a contingency of U2 fans that will attack, savage, and burn any thing new the band does these days. Always dreaming of some other time period of the band that has past. This is U2 2014. The 90s are over!

Eh, it's more "this is u2 for the past 3 albums" than "this is U2 2014." And I guess that's my point. It's not a BAD song by any means, just that I don't feel like they're progressing. It feels like they're stuck in this sort of soft phase since ATYCLB came out. I need some more Edge to my U2! (hey ohhhh!!!)

Wow!!! Certainly gets better after several listens...I really like it, this bodes well for the album. Fresh, with a slight Killers twist...only criticism is that it could have a longer Edge guitar solo...which is probably on the extended version.:hyper::applaud:

sounds like AtomicLemon has heard the record.. the Muse/ATYCLB comparisons are apt.. and lots of keyboards..

I did! I tried to tell you :( I didn't want to give too much away. Quite frankly, as cool as hearing the material was, I missed having the anticipation. I figured you all deserved that. Anyway, it taught me to keep my mouth shut. Man, you all were brutal.

I did! I tried to tell you :( I didn't want to give too much away. Quite frankly, as cool as hearing the material was, I missed having the anticipation. I figured you all deserved that. Anyway, it taught me to keep my mouth shut. Man, you all were brutal.

:hug:

Stick around, please.

Yes! I really like it! I hated "Ordinary Love" - but I love this one. I'm optimistic again for the album...

I believed you. :hug:

The "live" performance :lol:

Why's Bono wrastin' the mic like it's a bull? He's too old to be taking bath salts.

I hope that the other producers they experiment with include Flood and that he ends up mixing it in addition to doing production. He doesn't have a set that he brings to U2 like Eno/Lanois, and they've never made a great record without him.

Back
Top Bottom