LP 13: See you next Tuesday

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If this all really is going to happen, what would you say the chances are of some detail leaking in the preceding 24 hours? Eg "I heard from a source that the album name is..."

Sent from my SM-G900I using U2 Interference mobile app

If there's anything U2 related on the actual new iPhone, I would expect news of that to leak today... there are already videos circulating of a guy allegedly showing the new phone in use.

If it's just using a song in a commercial, probably won't hear anything today.

If they aren't involved at all, we probably will hear that today, but nobody will believe it.

If there's anything U2 related on the actual new iPhone, I would expect news of that to leak today... there are already videos circulating of a guy allegedly showing the new phone in use.

If it's just using a song in a commercial, probably won't hear anything today.

If they aren't involved at all, we probably will hear that today, but nobody will believe it.

If it's a TV commercial, I would expect news to come out beforehand - surely a coffee boy at a TV studio who has access to it before the first airing will let the cat out of the bag

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

If it's a TV commercial, I would expect news to come out beforehand - surely a coffee boy at a TV studio who has access to it before the first airing will let the cat out of the bag

The commercial wouldn't be released to stations until tomorrow, and you're assuming the coffee boy would care enough to share it with the world.

The commercial wouldn't be released to stations until tomorrow, and you're assuming the coffee boy would care enough to share it with the world.

I just mean a random tweet - "new U2 song in commercial we will start airing soon" - maybe only an hour beforehand, but they will want to roll on with the ad push immediately after the conference.

In fact we've already been told that by the band's rep and nobody here chooses to believe it.

No we weren't. We were told by the U2 rep that U2 weren't performing, and that she 'wasn't aware' of any involvement. In fact, the stories that reported that she did deny u2s involvement were promptly removed.

I just mean a random tweet - "new U2 song in commercial we will start airing soon" - maybe only an hour beforehand, but they will want to roll on with the ad push immediately after the conference.

Youre again assuming that an intern would care enough about U2 to go against the NDA he signed and leak info.

Most leaks are either mistakes, third hand information or something malicious. The random staffer for an entertainment company enjoys being employed, thus doesn't leak out things he/she knows. They have pretty blunt and direct NDAs.

Youre again assuming that an intern would care enough about U2 to go against the NDA he signed and leak info.

Most leaks are either mistakes, third hand information or something malicious. The random staffer for an entertainment company enjoys being employed, thus doesn't leak out things he/she knows. They have pretty blunt and direct NDAs.

See the reason I suggested TV station is that I imagine many low level staff wouldn't sign NDAs, because the info they get would rarely be sensitive enough to require one. A programmer who has to live up ads would not necessarily need one depending in the size if the station etc

See the reason I suggested TV station is that I imagine many low level staff wouldn't sign NDAs, because the info they get would rarely be sensitive enough to require one. A programmer who has to live up ads would not necessarily need one depending in the size if the station etc

Commercials like this rarely go to local stations. They're on the national feed.

That's why you sometimes see a commercial start and then cut out for some random local used car dealer. There are two different feeds.

And everyone signs a NDA.

If anyone can keep a lid on this, it would be Apple. I guess best bet would be someone spotting a band member or four arriving in the city today/tomorrow. And until it happens on stage, Apple and U2 won't want or need the publicity of trailing something.

I'm still thinking Beats/iTunes streaming rather than something to do with the iPhone itself is the best bet, but if they are announcing a wearable, would they want anything at all other than that to be the focus? The danger with that is that if they announce a wearable, the majority of the focus would be on that regardless of whatever else happens. It would become a footnote in the articles... oh, and they also announced a new streaming service and U2 played a song.

With all the reporters involved in the rumors, and some outside sourcing, I do believe we'll see something tomorrow.

But that we haven't seen anything yet is the only thing to give me pause, because EVERYTHING about this new iPhone has already been leaked, and is readily available on most tech blogs.

With all the reporters involved in the rumors, and some outside sourcing, I do believe we'll see something tomorrow.

But that we haven't seen anything yet is the only thing to give me pause, because EVERYTHING about this new iPhone has already been leaked, and is readily available on most tech blogs.

So, Apple's interference is better than ours? Not too surprising.

quick question: i just got the Interference App. I can't figure out how to post. I see a field towards the bottom where i would expect to be able to post but nothing happens.

An:wave:y help is appreciated.

I fell for this but as others have said, it's seems like it's to do with his own work.

would he say "BIG announcements" about his own work though? might sound a bit egotistic? :D

would he say "BIG announcements" about his own work though? might sound a bit egotistic? :D

I tend to agree...Feels like we're going to get a major surprise from our favorite band, and not just a "single" or 1 album announcement...:shifty:

Let's be real, an iPhone launch or new BEATS streaming service is nothing to go nuts about and I wouldn't consider this a BIG announcement. This place will implode tomorrow at 10am EDT...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom