June 6 & 7, 2010 - Angel Stadium of Anaheim

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There are some reports that South America will be in November of next year. That would push the start of the next leg to this show. That makes me nervous. More crowds to deal, and a concert that is not as good.

Who are you kidding? Come on now!

Just hoping the setlist does change with more variety & other songs. This year's setlist was not the best grouping of songs :shrug: :reject: If they don't want to play their back catalog, they could try to put together a medley of several songs. That would be cool :)

I agree :shifty:

jetro-it's been years since I had the opportunity to try for a second night, but it usually goes right onsale after the first sells out.

There are some reports that South America will be in November of next year. That would push the start of the next leg to this show. That makes me nervous. More crowds to deal, and a concert that is not as good.

Don't confuse *Latin* America with South America, while Mexico City is part of the former (heck, one could argue that Miami is part of Latin America ;) ), it is in North America...and logistically it makes sense to be a part of the North American leg, it is much closer to the U.S.

ok, I have 2 questions.
I took my 7 year old daughter to the Oklahoma concert and she loved it. :applaud: But we had seats. I have done GA many times, always been in the pit or near the rail and I don't think either of those would be good for her as far as comfort or being able to see.

My question is do you think she would have a good experience at the back of GA near the soundboard as you are pointing out?? If we are far enough back that should negate the height issue right?

Second question is what is the historical pattern for 2nd nights? Will they announce it right after the 1st gets close to selling out and roll immediately into selling it? Or will they announce it and have a new presale for that one too?

Thanks in advance!!
I took my six year-old to Vegas and we had a great time but also had seats. I'm thinking I will try taking her (and maybe even her four year-old sister) into GAs if a second Anaheim show is added. I'm thinking hanging out by the soundboard will give the kids some room to dance and run about.

BTW, my 60 year old aunt in California just texted me wondering if I knew anyone who could hook her up with good tickets to this show, "I really want 2 see Bono". :D I'll give her some schooling in the morning. :wink:

Don't confuse *Latin* America with South America, while Mexico City is part of the former (heck, one could argue that Miami is part of Latin America ;) ), it is in North America...and logistically it makes sense to be a part of the North American leg, it is much closer to the U.S.

technically, it's Central America. There is no geographical location known as Latin America. ;)

technically, it's Central America. There is no geographical location known as Latin America. ;)

No, Mexico *is* in North America, Central America starts to its south with Guatemala/Belize. You are correct in that Latin America is not geographic, but is more of a cultural/linguistic thing (hence why I said that about Miami!).

Those of you with young kids wanting to do GA, the only safe place will be back by the sound board or just back away from the crowd.

PopArtist - have your aunt pick up two tickets - one for her & one for you :hyper: :wink:

There was a kid next to me in the circle at the Rose Bowl (3 rows back from the front rail), and I felt really bad for him because I knew there was no way he could see anything but the asses of the people in front of him. People were being such jerks that day though that it seemed futile to try to get him up to the rail.

Yeah I saw a boy, probably 6 or 7, in the inner circle for at least all of the BEPs and some of U2, but after a while I didn't see him anymore, so either he was hiding behind the rail or they took him out.

I've seen a few kids in the inner circle, but if it were my kids, I would not have them in the pit.

I saw two kids -- maybe about 7 and 10 -- on the front rail of the Red Zone in Chicago, and they kind of looked like they were struggling with the whole thing.

There was a kid next to me in the circle at the Rose Bowl (3 rows back from the front rail), and I felt really bad for him because I knew there was no way he could see anything but the asses of the people in front of him. People were being such jerks that day though that it seemed futile to try to get him up to the rail.

Yeah, A few of my friends were up front hear the outer circle saying some people were being rude...pushing, sholving, and just being jerks.
Uncharaceristic for U2 fans. Maybe they were the new so-called fans who just don't get the comradery of true U2 fans.

No, Mexico *is* in North America, Central America starts to its south with Guatemala/Belize. You are correct in that Latin America is not geographic, but is more of a cultural/linguistic thing (hence why I said that about Miami!).

:up:

Yeah, A few of my friends were up front hear the outer circle saying some people were being rude...pushing, sholving, and just being jerks.
Uncharaceristic for U2 fans. Maybe they were the new so-called fans who just don't get the comradery of true U2 fans.
That whole day was such a disaster that I think even a lot of the (probably) normally cool fans were on edge. It was an unusually tense and pushy atmosphere. I think everyone should try to be especially nice to their GA neighbors in Anaheim; we do not need another Rose Bowl situation.

But anyway, I'd advise against taking kids into GA. The back of the field may be a different issue, though.

I'm sad and very surprised that there was so much rudeness throughout the crowds. I was third row inner pit and it was very mellow and spacious (considering)
the women near me banded together with me and my friends that we weren't going to tolerate shovers after the BEP set. Only one woman tried to push during U2s set. It really was the most pleasant GA experience ever. My friends said the same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom