June 6 & 7, 2010 - Angel Stadium of Anaheim

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a good perspective:

angelstadium.jpg

:panic: :panic:

Last time I was at a concert there, it was David Bowie in the 80s. I can't remember a thing about it though.

:zen: Serenity now :zen:

Sure, but I won't know if I'm going or not until maybe March, so definitely try for one in the general sale.

Oh I will, wish me luck! I tried to pull one up during the Oakland general sale (just to see if I could) and I did pull one after a 9 min queue. I hope that happens for me next Monday

Why not what nic? Why can't I remember it? It was 25+ years ago

I just checked my old ticket stub album. It was at Anaheim Stadium, Friday 9/9/83. General Admission = $15.00 .

I think all the stubs from 1983 and before are in an old photo album, including my U2 one for the War tour. In those days, they'd tear the tickets in half, so you can't see that it says U2 on it :sigh:

And no, I wasn't drinking back then :shifty: I'm just old and losing my mind, that's all ;)

I think all the stubs from 1983 and before are in an old photo album, including my U2 one for the War tour. In those days, they'd tear the tickets in half, so you can't see that it says U2 on it :sigh:

And no, I wasn't drinking back then :shifty: I'm just old and losing my mind, that's all ;)

I went to a handful of boring concerts;) with my mom when I was young in the early 90s and my stubs are torn. I REALLY miss that about concerts nowadays.
I was actually happy when the tickets in HAwaii was ripped.

I've finally been able to go concerts throughout my 20's and I hate that my ticket collection looks like a a bunch of shows I didn't go to. Tearing it myself just isn't the same

Why not what nic? Why can't I remember it? It was 25+ years ago

I just checked my old ticket stub album. It was at Anaheim Stadium, Friday 9/9/83. General Admission = $15.00 .

Ah, different tour. Siouxsie opened at Angel Stadium on the 1987 tour. I did see Bowie in '83 also, though, at the US Festival. Some Irish band you might have heard of also played earlier in the day...:wink:

so long as they're not $250, those tickets in Section 236-240 look like they'll be pretty good

I wish we could specify "behind the stage" seats when we purchase on ticketmaster - I've really wanted to try those this tour.

Any tips on getting those seats tomorrow? Is everyone here going to go for GA for the first show?

eta: Maybe we can specify "right field pavillion" seats? :shrug:

Not losing your mind. :hug: Here's to old though! :beer::beer:

:hi5:

I tried googling online for pics of the Bowie show, but not having any luck. Not to mention You Tube won't load anything for me :gah: I think Madness & The GoGos might have opened the show... I had tix for day 3 of the US Festival, but after the hell of metal day on day 2, we bailed. :sad:

warning ... for baseball Sections 135 (235) , 134 (234) are sold as obstructed view

(you cannot see centerfield from those seats) ...

:hi5:

I tried googling online for pics of the Bowie show, but not having any luck. Not to mention You Tube won't load anything for me :gah: I think Madness & The GoGos might have opened the show... I had tix for day 3 of the US Festival, but after the hell of metal day on day 2, we bailed. :sad:

the stadium has been completely remodeled since that David Bowie show

half of the stadium was torn down around 97 and re-done

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom