June 6 & 7, 2010 Anaheim V- Getting ready to party!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you really camping? I've never been to U2 show where I've assessed there to be any advantage to camping. And think how much more pissed we would have been in Pasadena if we camped out for that disaster of a GA line!

I just hope the people with June 6th tickets jump on the forum and tell us how everything went down for the people with June 7th tickets I want this to run as smooth as a babies bottom lol

Why is everyone stressing over GA? :shrug: I've camped overnight and ended up front row, camped out again and got back rail(meh), and I've shown up at 2pm and got front rail outside the pit, I've survived GA clusterfucks and still gotten good spots, and shown up right before the show and danced around way back by the sound board. The way I see it, hanging out in GA line is half the fun and whatever spot I get, I'll take. :yes:

Why is everyone stressing over GA? :shrug: I've camped overnight and ended up front row, camped out again and got back rail(meh), and I've shown up at 2pm and got front rail outside the pit, I've survived GA clusterfucks and still gotten good spots, and shown up right before the show and danced around way back by the sound board. The way I see it, hanging out in GA line is half the fun and whatever spot I get, I'll take. :yes:

It's probably easier for you to say that, since you've gone to several shows on each leg and are going to a half dozen or more on the upcoming one. We only have the one show on 6/6. Months ago I was fine with just showing up whenever & hanging out in back. Maddy wants to get a good rail spot, and I can't say I blame her. We wouldn't have had one at all n Pasadena if it wasn't for Carlos :bow: He was able to save one spot for her. We didn't have a rail spot in Hawaii with the position in line & time we had shown up. Luckily for a very kind soul, and being that Maddy was younger (and slightly shorter :wink: ) she was able to have a special rail spot. I was 3-4 people deep, back with Liesje & Phil. I'm happy just to be there & see all my online/U2 friends and hang, and see the show together. The rail would just make it that much sweeter, and easier for me to "protect" her. Then again, there may be a gorilla amongst our ranks, so we may have that :wink: (or not :shrug: )

And yes, we can exchange numbers laura :)

True enough. I just figure that all you can do is show up early, enjoy the ride, and hope you get that decent spot. There are so many variables that could affect where you end up that you can't anticipate, so why stress? That's just the way I see. I have my fingers that you and Maddy get your rail spots. :)

You still haven't responded to any of my 36 PM's.

:eyebrow: A bit desperate, eh? :D

Lining up for GA can be a good experience or a bad one. Depends on weather, the people, the venue policy, etc, etc. So far I've lined up with no problems. But usually when I lined up I had my own car, my own GA gear, etc. This time I won't have any of those with me. Unless the SoCal friends can spare a beach chair or umbrella for me :D

I'd love an outer rail spot, but if I can't have that, I'll probably just hang around on the sides, close to Red Zone. Since I'm short, 3-4 people deep (especially behind tall people) is already quite annoying.

It's up to you, but 4 AM for a weekday show sounds a bit extreme. I got in line for the Vertigo DVD shoot in Chicago on a Tuesday morning around 10:30 AM and ended up right on the front rail a few feet away from Edge. There were people a few feet away from me to my right who had camped out, which, obviously, really wasn't worth it.

Like Kaffy said, there are so many variables that can affect a GA lineup. For example, if the venue does a poor job of managing the GA line, then it honestly doesn't matter if you get in line at 5 AM or 5 PM.

It's been 50/50 for me, sometimes things fall right into place even with a late arrival. Sometimes arriving super early has backfired and I get screwed. At the rosebowl I was next to someone with a number 33 and on my otherside someone didn't even have a number since they got there so late.
In my experience, it's 50%planning and 50%luck

Well I hope for the best I live about 15 mins from the stadium so if I get there to early I can always go home and come back in a hour or two.:|

really camping Thursday night? (or did you meant Friday night)... I don't know... that's so extreme to me. I'm sure if people arrive Sunday morning or even at noon they still are going to make it to the inner circle with no problems and be fresh, full of energy to enjoy the concert at its fullest.
Also, the setup for the stage is going to give a great view for everybody in the GA outer area, since there's not a lot of room in front of the outer rail and there's some nice space at the sides.

But you are right, depends on the venue, the weather and how they manage to let people in. Honestly I prefer some kind of lottery numbers for the inner circle with your name attached and that's it haha. I don't like wasting my time in line just to see that it will be a mess when they open the gates and my place in line is getting screwed... Rose Bowl nightmare!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom