June 30, July 2nd - Camp Nou BARCELONA - triple night?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As a boots subscriber do you think that I'll have any chance to get 4 tickets??? I don't care about GA i just want to get into the Stadium...mission impossible???

I think you'll be alright...
If you couldn't get tickets as a Boots subscriber, the general sale a day later would not have much use, would it?
Then again, it's easy for me to talk, being a Horizon member and all...
Let's just wait until the presale is actually confirmed... I'm going for GA's with my pre-sale code! :applaud:

That's fine. U2 didn't do that for Vertigo is all I'm saying.

I remember during the setlist party and timezone counting it was pointed out that the Spanish shows started later than the rest of Europe.

The tickets say the show started at 7:30. With Kaiser Cheifs & Franz Ferdinand opening that would take them past 10pm before U2 hits the stage.

I remember during the setlist party and timezone counting it was pointed out that the Spanish shows started later than the rest of Europe.

The tickets say the show started at 7:30. With Kaiser Cheifs & Franz Ferdinand opening that would take them past 10pm before U2 hits the stage.

It was Kaiser Chiefs who went on about 6:30 and Keane who went on about 7:30. From what I recall U2 went on around 9:30.

What's funny is that I distinctly remember that it was still daylight when they came out and the sunset happens around 9/9:30 in the summer. I also remember the concert did not extend very much into midnight. I'm pretty sure Vertigo was the only song they played past midnight and the whole show lasted about 2:20-25 minutes.

But whatever. :shrug: I'll make sure to write down the start time when I'm there this time. :wink:

What's funny is that I distinctly remember that it was still daylight when they came out and the sunset happens around 9/9:30 in the summer. I also remember the concert did not extend very much into midnight. I'm pretty sure Vertigo was the only song they played past midnight and the whole show lasted about 2:20-25 minutes.

But whatever. :shrug: I'll make sure to write down the start time when I'm there this time. :wink:

It was definatley dark when u2 hit the stage,as i remember thinking how more powerful the start was compared to Twickenham. The stadium lights had you fooled RamblinRose:wink:

Keane - Daylight

YouTube - U2 VERTIGO TOUR 2005 NOU CAMP

U2 - Dark

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzIQYbe4lFM&feature=related

Hi there from Spain.

I was there that Vertigo night too and U2 got the stage past 10pm for sure.

We are going again on 30th June so.... "ramblin rose" if you want to meet or have a drink with some nice/noisy spanish fans let me know, ok? It would be a pleasure.

Greetings!!! :wave:

ps.- or maybe in Dublin, wherever you prefer!! hehehehe :D:grouphug:

I am going to make a real effort to get to the opening night, hotel and flight are already booked.
I am half tempted to get my mum to subscribe to U2.com, to give me access to boots pre-sale tickets (I am already have a membership of U2.com)

Additional date won't be announced before the first date is nearly or completely sold out. It has been that way with all the other concerts as well.

The rumours of a second concert seem to have dried up completely. The last I heard about cities getting extra shows, Barcelona actually wasn't on the list. I hope that proves false and it does get a second show.

The rumours of a second concert seem to have dried up completely. The last I heard about cities getting extra shows, Barcelona actually wasn't on the list. I hope that proves false and it does get a second show.

If this turned to be true, the question remains: What will they do inbetween Barca and Milan?

Re: Hey!

If this turned to be true, the question remains: What will they do inbetween Barca and Milan?

A single show in Spain seems inconceivable to me. Amazed that Madrid was never on the list. Doesn't seem that a second venue will be added. Makes Barcelona II seem the most likely outcome now.

My mate is a Barcelona member and pulled the "stupid card" to ask if there would be an exclusive member presale again for a 2nd night show. He told me he got a very straight-to-the-point "no" as an answer.

So I wouldn't give up just yet, I'm sure they'll add a second date. And no, please do not take the info for granted, the guy my friend contacted wasn't anyone special with insider info but just a very simple employee. So if the extra show doesn't happen, I don't want any hate bullets thrown my way please, if possible :reject:

My mate is a Barcelona member and pulled the "stupid card" to ask if there would be an exclusive member presale again for a 2nd night show. He told me he got a very straight-to-the-point "no" as an answer.

So I wouldn't give up just yet, I'm sure they'll add a second date. And no, please do not take the info for granted, the guy my friend contacted wasn't anyone special with insider info but just a very simple employee. So if the extra show doesn't happen, I don't want any hate bullets thrown my way please, if possible :reject:

Thanx for sharing this. And what do you think, which date it will be?

Rumour: Second Date 1.07.09!!!
I'm in there, but you have to leave in the morning!!!:up:
AND NOW----------------> GO TO SLEEP

Thanx for sharing this. And what do you think, which date it will be?

No word about the date, I'd reckon it must be the 1st July. Nonetheless the 6 day gap between a possible 2nd Barcelona Show and the 1st Milan gig is strange: I highly doubt they'll add a 3rd Barcelona gig on the 3rd July, but think they might still be in negotiations about another possible Spain show somewhere else. Madrid, Valencia and Sevilla were all rumored previously.

There's no way they would just lay back an entire week after the opener!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom