July 8th and 9th- Hippodrome- Montreal!! (Part 8)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Red Zone Solo (Friday - Montreal)?

Still looking out for other ppl out there doing Red Zone 1 solo, for the Friday, July 8th show (ie. tmr).

Let me know: would be great to have some ppl to hang with down there in a similar situation. Can't wait for the show tmr: should be awesome!
smily.gif

Depends on what your definition for good is.

In Nashville I arrived at the venue at 7 pm walked into the pit at 7:20 right in front of Adam. About 7-8 ppl. in front of me.

If you want rail you go earlier.

Wow, you're lucky: would have *loved* to have been at the Nashville show! What an ending! :)

Second, i can say that I know that people with a number in the hundreds should not worry that they are not on the list yet. They will have as good a chance fot front and center as No. 1 in line. I can't say why, yet. But I'm posting this to get those of you who are stressing out over this to be calm.

Cryptic.... Can u please elaborate?

Also, I agree that it sounds like line is being run very fairly and well for the Friday show. Current line for Saturday show, however, is entirely different story IMHO.

Also, due to unforeseen personal reasons (Ill health of elderly relative), the likelihood of my being able to make it to Montreal at all is now looking very slim. So someone else will have to start new list for Saturday show, if people want to change current system.

Even tho it might not seem like it, I really hope everything runs fairly and smoothly for all in GA, both for Friday and Saturday nights. I've done a lot of time in lines over the years, and it's always best when there are no
unnecessary fights amongst the fans. Good luck to all! ESP those trying to run the second show list in a rational manner. :)

ps - Hope I'm not hated for speaking my mind here.

I'm here in Montreal. I need to see about getting data when I'm out of the hotel. Got my number. Not bad. Under 150 so maybe I can still grab some rail. :shifty:
Wild and gang, where are ya?

I just wanna be around the Claw and not near the back so I will line up around 6am - I am sure I'll get beyond the Claw - Maybe hang out behind the stage or the pit ends

Cryptic.... Can u please elaborate?

Also, I agree that it sounds like line is being run very fairly and well for the Friday show. Current line for Saturday show, however, is entirely different story IMHO.

Also, due to unforeseen personal reasons (Ill health of elderly relative), the likelihood of my being able to make it to Montreal at all is now looking very slim. So someone else will have to start new list for Saturday show, if people want to change current system.

Even tho it might not seem like it, I really hope everything runs fairly and smoothly for all in GA, both for Friday and Saturday nights. I've done a lot of time in lines over the years, and it's always best when there are no
unnecessary fights amongst the fans. Good luck to all! ESP those trying to run the second show list in a rational manner. :)

Sorry to hear about your ill relative.

Thanks for your input on the line and I definitely agree that fighting just ends up ruining things for everyone involved. I hope people come to their senses and end up being fair with how the Saturday line is run. It is all we can ask for!

Thanks for the well wishes and thought provoking convo, brkngrrl and popmartijn. Sending good vibes to you both and all in Montreal. :wave:

Hey QHMT people....I have a car. We're driving over for the 6pm check in. Send me a FB message or PM here if you need a ride.

They're only streaming the first 3 songs, not the whole concert.

Paid subscribers = the whole show. All registered members = first 3 songs.

Since I'm entering and leaving this thread = HAVE FUN to all those going this weekend! :wave: :hug:

Paid subscribers = the whole show. All registered members = first 3 songs.

Since I'm entering and leaving this thread = HAVE FUN to all those going this weekend! :wave: :hug:

oh nice! Hope there'll be a stream capture ready for downloading the next morning. I'd be capturing it myself, but I'll be at the concert. :)

At the Embassy Suites in Old Montreal. :happydance:

Traffic sucked--half hour at the border (1000 Islands area), and another extra half hour with heavy traffic into the city.

The city is psyched though. Can't wait. Drinks soon!

Question, I know some of your are going to Toronto for the Monday show. Will there be a numbering system in place similiar to the Montreal show?

Hi Alice, sorry to hear about your relative, hope they pull through.

Your Saturday line idea was clearly correct. I'd hate it if you didn't speak your mind :)

I'm starting the GA line for Toronto already. You have to sign up in Cleveland right now at the airport, check in every 4 hours in Montreal and during the first encore of each MTL U2 show downtown at the Westin. Who's in?

:p

That was my idea yesterday. :angry:

Im already in the Toronto line.

Show up. Get a number. Get in line. You may leave for short bathroom and food breaks of no more than a hr. If you go off for hrs on end to go sightseeing, attend fan gatherings, sleep on a comfy hotel bed, etc etc...you will forfeit your spot in line.

You know, the way its normally done.

:heart:

Agree 100%!!! I am going to ONLY the Saturday show, but I will be getting to the stadium on Friday morning to line up for the second show (yes, I will be sitting outside the stadium during the first show). Are the people running the line for both shows going to expect that when I arrive on Friday, I will join the end of their list for the second show, and be behind hundreds of people who are going to be inside during the first show??? I am sacrificing the first show to get in line for the second, and it is simply unfair that those at the first show will be in front of me.

Can someone pleease defend the logistics of the current plan? If this system stands, I wil plan on starting my own list on friday morning for those who are only going to the second show. Then those inside can join when they get out of the first show, in order of when they get there. If they want to be at the top of the list for second show, then they will have to haul it out of th stadium when the show ends. Sorry, I don't like to cause GA drama, but the current system is simply unfair to those going only to the Saturday show.

:up:

Question, I know some of your are going to Toronto for the Monday show. Will there be a numbering system in place similiar to the Montreal show?

The others are lying, I started the Toronto line last week. ;)

Sorry folks, but this starting the line days before and checking in and whatever other arbitrary rules the line starters (who are really just regular fans with sharpies and a notebook and a lot of time on their hands) make up is messed up, and unfair to so many. I was supposed to be in Montreal, but this kind of nonsense makes me sort of glad I'm not....

If you can't get in line and stay, then it's too early to start a line, period.

Things are getting more ridiculous every tour.

This is exactly my point! I think starting a second SEPARATE line for the Saturday show on Friday makes sense. There are many who are skipping the first show to line up for the second. You cannot be in both lines at the same time! Once the first show ends, they can come out and join the line for Saturday. It is completely illogical to be inside enjoying Friday's show and still think you can step in front of people lined up outside for Saturday's show once it is over. People running this line right now are going to cause unnecessary drama for Saturday's show.

The way it was handled at the back-to-back Anaheim shows was like this:

The list for the second show started on the day of the first show. The first two pages of the second show list were reserved for those fans who were only attending the second show, not the first. Those fans attending both shows were listed for the second show starting on page three. During the first show, line leaders who were only attending the second show maintained the line and continued to write down names. No numbers were given out, yet.

When the first show got out, everyone on the list who was inside the stadium and the fans who had signed up only for the second show had to check-in again and were then issued numbers. The group of fans who signed in only for the second show were first in line, then came the fans who attended the first show. There were only a few fans who signed up for the second show only, so in the end, it didn't have much effect on those who attended both shows.

In that case brkngrrl, if you showed up early enough the day before your show, you got a very low position on the list and did not have to hang around all day. You simply had to check-in after the first show to get your number, which would've put you in the top twenty, then go home and rest. Final check-in for the second show was at 6am the next morning, after which fans had to remain in line.

It wasn't perfect, but it suited those in your position.

(As an aside: In Horsens, Denmark last year, we had two lists for both shows going at the same time, with no provision for those only attending the second concert. I envisioned queue chaos upon exiting the first show, but luckily, no one showed up for the second show by the time we got back in line, it was only the same nutters who went to first show hahaha)

I have eaten well today! Had a delicous smoked meat sandwich at Dunn's Famous Montreal for lunch. And dinner, poutine and Corona!

5913892710_31d150247b_z.jpg

Hi Alice, sorry to hear about your relative, hope they pull through.

Your Saturday line idea was clearly correct. I'd hate it if you didn't speak your mind :)

Thanks Cathal. :) Will miss seeing you and everyone else in Montreal-- I am sure the shows will be great! :wink:

I surely wouldn't wanna be in seats for this show. I don't know about anyone else, but these stands freak me out!!! :yikes: Hope they were built very well. Wouldn't want them to collapse during the show. And no way, they were charging $250 for those, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom