July 8th and 9th- Hippodrome- Montreal!! (Part 8)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody here went to B-52s at Place D'Arts yesterday? Anybody? :D It was a great warm-up for Friday and Saturday.

You're probably gonna be at the pub at this time but in case you want to drop in before or afterwards to my band's (and a couple of others) here's my small moment of self-promotion: Info Here

Now, back to U2. Do you guys think they are arriving to the island the 6th or the 7th?

Oh and for those who aren't coming to the meetups, but are looking for us in line, try to find a Dutch flag with the U2 Batsign. :wink:

Looks like toilets and merch and stuff is pretty nearby from the Pit. :up: Not too bad. But I've no clue where we're suppoed to line up now..

What are the 3 black things in the middle of the field . Is that the sound board. I thought it would be back much further

And half way in between there is an awesome city call Kingston....oh yah, I live there. 3 more days.

Going to arrive at 3-4:00. Anyone going to the tailgate or are you just lining up then.

Chairs for GA ?

I was wondering if people will bring chairs for the Montreal GA lineup ?

It was easy in Foxborough i was parked very close to the entrance but in Montreal there's no parking... so i bought a cheap 10$ chair i dont care to throw in the garbage but will they be allowed in the lineup ? What are you bringing for GA lineup ?

I'm bringing an inflatable raft that I'll just toss at the end of show 2, as I'm not planning to line up for the first night. I don't see how they could enforce that - do they expect us to just sit on concrete/grass/whatever all day, with nothing to make us comfortable? I really doubt it will be an issue.

For those arriving to the airport and not willing/not able to pay for cab fare.

These buses can take you from the airport to downtown or to the Hippodrome:

747 - This is a new one, and as the number suggests it stops at the airport and goes to Lionel-Groulx metro(subway) and Berri-Uqam so you can stop at either one, whatever is closer to your hotel.

202 - It stops at Dorval station which is right in front of the airport and it goes to Du College metro station which is 2 stations away from Namur(Hippodrome station).

211 - It also stops at Dorval and it's an express so it goes straight up to Lionel-Groulx metro where you can take the metro to whatever hotel you're at downtown.

The fare is 3 dollars for both metro(subway to our non-montrealer friends) and bus. The STM also has that cute U2 card that is 5 bucks for each day of the show and you can take as many buses and metros as you want.

Well, there is an advantage to being a poor student that can't afford a car, after all... :wink:

The 747 makes several stops along Rene Levesque - one very close to my hotel. Very helpful - thanks for posting!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom